Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi guys

We did want to book preferred but that wasn't available

We LOVE it here! We got a great corner room inartiniwue 22 so it really is a short walk to OPR and main pool and quiet pool is just steps away

We have always stayed deluxe so I was s little worried. Of course the rooms are not the same as a deluxe but we just really like the feel of the resort and said we could definitely stay here again. Of course DH loved that we saved $1000 by staying here instead of our usual BC resort!

Hi guys

We did want to book preferred but that wasn't available

We LOVE it here! We got a great corner room inartiniwue 22 so it really is a short walk to OPR and main pool and quiet pool is just steps away

We have always stayed deluxe so I was s little worried. Of course the rooms are not the same as a deluxe but we just really like the feel of the resort and said we could definitely stay here again. Of course DH loved that we saved $1000 by staying here instead of our usual BC resort!

We have also stayed at the B.C. in the past and just love CBR!! Yes, I do miss being able to.just walk right over to Epcot, but for the price difference, you can't beat CBR.

It's been a little while since I returned, but with the holidays life has been crazy. Checked into CBR on the 8th and our room was ready by 11am. We received the text saying that our room was ready and we could go straight there, but I decided to stop at the customs house anyway. Good thing I did, because our welcome packet and all the information was waiting for me there. We got all of our requests, even though the resort was fully booked. We even got the strange requests we had faxed over and thought for sure wouldn't happen. As everyone has said before, it doesn't ever feel like the resort is packed, unless you go to the main pool and Old Port Royale. The bridge opened up halfway through our stay, but that had no affect on us as we stayed in Trinidad South. The walk wasn't as bad as I had expected. The buses we're a pain for us though. Always being the last stop after a long night had a toll on us. We did have a huge problem with the internal Disney computer service. The day my sister and I went down to set up our credit cards for the room charge, the system apparently went down not long after we walked out. When we went to use our dining credits, our pins wouldn't work and it wasn't until after we looked stupid from waiting in line that we noticed our pins had somehow switched. The day we checked out and went to pay, our charges had been all messed up. The system had somehow switched our magicband information and everything had switched. This was annoying as it was, but then one of the lead cast members came over and started reprimanding my sister and I for switching magicbands saying it was against the rules. They claimed we both had pink magicbands, which my sister hates pink and she was even wearing her blue one, and we had intentionally gone through and changed everything. Thank goodness the woman that originally helped us that first day reckognized our uncommon names and stepped in saying that she helped us and remembered how everything was set up originally which was correct. They then went in my disney experience and saw that we weren't lying. Somehow they system messed up. It definitely made the 19 hour car ride home worse since we we're stuck there for a couple hours to fix everything. Other than the one rude worker everyone else we encountered was amazing and our trip was perfect. However, this will sadly most likely be my only stay at CBR, as I got sucked into the DVC tour and I also want to continue my dream towards staying at each resort. Thanks everyone for their help and words of advice it truly made my trip perfect!!!

Just got back yesterday from an 11 night stay at CBR, and it was wonderful! Zero complaints about our stay! We have previously stayed several times at CSR, (which we still love) and once each at POR and POP, and were anxious to try CBR. We had requested Martinique (had it noted in reservation and by fax) as we had booked a water view room, and our friends staying the same time had a preferred room. Had received an email that we could bypass the front desk at check-in, but had not received a text of any kind (not even saying the room wasn't quite ready) by the time we arrived at the resort from our early flight (got to resort around 10:30), so i got in the on-line checkin line, and received the room ready text while I was waiting. Martinique, just as requested, but no water view. Went to the room to drop our carry-ons and headed to OPR for some lunch and to wait for our friends to arrive. Suitcases were in the room for us by 11:45! I let our friend know that we were in Martinique 22, and she talked to them at the front desk when they arrived, and were told that they may not be able to be put in 22, as it was a standard building rather than a preferred, but they ended up being assigned to 22 as well. We had spoken to the front desk regarding the water view room and were told that they could possibly move us tomorrow, or we could be credited the difference. Because our friends were near, and we liked our location, and had unpacked by this point, we had the difference credited. No issues at all, and CM's were very polite and friendly. Attended the MVMCP that evening and had a great time, despite the rain!

The parks seemed very busy the entire time we were there (until Sunday, 29th) but the resort itself never felt overly crowded. We had great Mousekeeping service, and even on the few days that we forgot to take down the do not disturb sign (service started early in our area and we were not always out), they left a bag FULL of towels, toiletries, TP and coffee supplies hanging on our door!

Bus service was great. I know from experience that any of the resorts can have issues with transportation, as it is simply that... a transportation issue. However, it seemed to us that the buses were ready for the crowds! We never waited longer than 12 minutes for a bus at CBR (and we watched the one we wanted pull away as we got to the parking lot), and typically waited 5-8 minutes. There were 2 evenings that we waited about 15 minutes at a park to go elsewhere (AK to EPCOT and MK to HS), but that was because there was a line and we weren't able to get on the first one that came and had to wait on another to arrive.

We did not eat at Shutters (the one disappointment of our trip) but I hope to next stay! Because YES, we will definitely stay here again! We truly enjoyed everything about the resort and the service we received there!

Just one additional note- we had heard several people talk about the large size of the resort, but we walked around several areas and truly felt that with the bridge, the walk was no longer to OPR than it is from any area we are ever in at CSR to the pepper market. (We did not walk from the Trinidad South area though).

Thank you to all who have shared information on this and the previous CBR thread, as I am an avid planner and have LOVED having the info prior to arriving!

Just booked our first stay for two nights on a split stay, March 6th and 7th. We've stayed at all the deluxe resorts except SSR and WL and I've stayed at POR, PoP and ASsp, so I'm working my way through all the others. We are doing the 2 nights CBR and 3 nights Dolphin split this trip, we've never stay at Swan/Dolphin either so this is a trip of firsts. I've read through every post on this thread and watched a few videos so I'm pretty sure I'm prepared. The size doesn't bother me, frankly some of the long, twisty hallways at BW and BC/YC are probably longer. I'm not a fan of the buses but since you pretty much have to ride one everywhere you stay it's not a big deal. Can't wait to try out this new resort.

Hello! So glad I found this thread! We stayed at CBR last holiday season and my kids loved it so much that we are going back again. So much great information here but I was wondering if someone could help me out with room requests. We have booked a water/pool view room from Dec 19-26. What would be an ideal building to stay in? We are hoping to be close to Old Port Royale and also be in a good spot for bus transportation (early pickup and dropoff). Any suggestions? I am not sure what buildings the water/pool view rooms are located in. Last year we were in Aruba Building 51 which was really close to the bridge.

Thanks!!

Hello! So glad I found this thread! We stayed at CBR last holiday season and my kids loved it so much that we are going back again. So much great information here but I was wondering if someone could help me out with room requests. We have booked a water/pool view room from Dec 19-26. What would be an ideal building to stay in? We are hoping to be close to Old Port Royale and also be in a good spot for bus transportation (early pickup and dropoff). Any suggestions? I am not sure what buildings the water/pool view rooms are located in. Last year we were in Aruba Building 51 which was really close to the bridge.

Thanks!!

Any building in Trinidad North and Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are as close as you can get to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. There are Water View rooms in every building at CBR.

Any building in Trinidad North and Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are as close as you can get to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. There are Water View rooms in every building at CBR.
Thanks for the reply! What is Martinique like in terms of bus service? Where does it usually fall on the bus pickup/dropoff schedule?

Thanks for the reply! What is Martinique like in terms of bus service? Where does it usually fall on the bus pickup/dropoff schedule?

It depends which entrance the driver comes in. If the bus enters the side entrance the order is:
Jamaica
Aruba
Barbados
Martinique
OPR
Trinidad North
Trinidad South

If the bus comes in the main entrance the order is:
Martinique
OPR
Trinidad North
Trinidad South
Jamaica
Aruba
Barbados

When we were there it was in the middle with Jamaicia being first. I have heard people say that Martinique was usually first but that was not our experience. We were in Barbadoes and by the time the bus got to us it was usually packed.

When we were there it was in the middle with Jamaicia being first. I have heard people say that Martinique was usually first but that was not our experience. We were in Barbadoes and by the time the bus got to us it was usually packed.
Same here. We were in Martinique but closer to OPR bus stop. We only stopped at Trinidad north and south and then left for the park. So if Martinique was first, we never picked up the others.:rotfl:

Regarding the buses, at one point in time, there was talk that the bus routes would change. There would be a bus that picked up and left from one side of the resort and another bus that would pick up and leave from the other. I haven't seen many reports that this is the case but would love for some of those whom have stayed at the resort recently report their experiences.

Regarding the buses, at one point in time, there was talk that the bus routes would change. There would be a bus that picked up and left from one side of the resort and another bus that would pick up and leave from the other. I haven't seen many reports that this is the case but would love for some of those whom have stayed at the resort recently report their experiences.
We just checked out Saturday. From our experience it was Jamaica- TS every time we returned in the evening. As for am, we were at OPR bus stop and there were many times that the bus came empty or with just a few people on it, so it's possible it didn't stop at all 4 stops before us( probably very likely). I can tell you that we never stood on a bus all 9 days, and the resort was supposidly booked, so it's very possible there were other buses on the other side, because it sure seemed like we were the first stop or at least the second.

We just checked out Saturday. From our experience it was Jamaica- TS every time we returned in the evening. As for am, we were at OPR bus stop and there were many times that the bus came empty or with just a few people on it, so it's possible it didn't stop at all 4 stops before us( probably very likely). I can tell you that we never stood on a bus all 9 days, and the resort was supposidly booked, so it's very possible there were other buses on the other side, because it sure seemed like we were the first stop or at least the second.

We were there Nov 12th to 18th. I think I had a seat once. One day waited an hour for MK bus. We were at Barbadoes stop and only saw a couple go by and they were filled.

We were there Nov 12th to 18th. I think I had a seat once. One day waited an hour for MK bus. We were at Barbadoes stop and only saw a couple go by and they were filled.
We were there 19-28. The 19th was the only day buses sucked. I wonder if they beefed up the amount of buses starting on the 20th?

Very well could be. The day we had such a long wait for MK was the 18th.
Judging by the fact that free dining ended the 19th, I'm guessing that the peak season started the 20th. We had a terrible bus experience on the 19th, and then never again waited more than 5 minutes, even for rope drop. We also came out of MK with the masses after the last MSEP( on day after thanksgiving)after fantasmic, and illuminations with NO bus lines, and sat with nobody standing because the buses were so plentiful. After reading on here for weeks about horrible buses, we were expecting to drive everyday, but never ended up needing to. So maybe it's the "slower" times that they don't have as many running:confused3

Judging by the fact that free dining ended the 19th, I'm guessing that the peak season started the 20th. We had a terrible bus experience on the 19th, and then never again waited more than 5 minutes, even for rope drop. We also came out of MK with the masses after the last MSEP( on day after thanksgiving)after fantasmic, and illuminations with NO bus lines, and sat with nobody standing because the buses were so plentiful. After reading on here for weeks about horrible buses, we were expecting to drive everyday, but never ended up needing to. So maybe it's the "slower" times that they don't have as many running:confused3

Considering the resort was fully booked during Free dining they should have been prepared for crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter