• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a Descendants wrap? Must have info! I've been looking for one for myself (my 6 year old boy is obsessed, but wants a different wrap for his)...haha and a few others for my kiddos & DH. If you don't want to post the info, can you DM me?

Yes, details please!!

How do you get the wraps. I did our magic bands but only saw the solid colors. I know my mom (the kiddo in our party) would love this.
Yes, details please!!

Hi everyone I think I have this multi post..I went through magicyourband they are sponsored I believe by DIS. They allow you to customize and I just went online and tried to get pics that would good and the site allows you to preview and "approve" the way they will print and send you the skins/stickers. You get to preview the customization in full 360 view. I love ours..mine is Snow White and Dopey, DD decendants, DS Call of Duty, and my DMom says simple is fine lol.

Hope you all get to customize your bands!

Since CBR no longer does boat rentals, where else can we go to rent one of those mini motorized boats? (Can't remember what they're called... Sea raycer maybe?)

We just got back from 7 days/6 nights at CBR. I prefer AoA over CBR, the main factors being 1) the centralized bus station and 2) the Disney theme-ing. Here is my review...

Summary:

Caribbean Beach resort was a nice place to stay, with a few things worthy of noting (see below for additional notes of likes and dislikes). In general, I’d recommend this resort for couples with no kids, couples with older kids or anyone traveling looking for the island feel. You certainly do feel like you are on a Caribbean island when walking around the entire resort. It is large and walking to the central pool/food court area can be a hike if you are in an “island” which is not centrally located. Each “island” has its own quiet pool and there is a central pool with two water slides and a kiddie splash pad area.

What I liked:

- Rooms are recently renovated, clean and look nice
- Our room had a Murphy bed which was a nice bonus
- Room was nicely chilled upon entrance and was cool our entire stay (excellent AC)
- Main pool was fun for the kids
- Each “island” had its own quiet pool
- Each “island” had its own beach with hammocks
- Food court had a reasonable number of options during dinner
- They did a good job making it feel like you are actually on a Caribbean island with the surroundings

What I disliked:

- Bus shuttle service can be frustrating/time consuming. It stops at each “island” bus stop along the resort… so depending on where your “island” is along the route you may have to wait several stops before leaving the resort to head to the park (and same for when returning from park to get back to your “island”)
- No hotel elevator up to the second floor (without a stroller it isn’t an inconvenience, but with a stroller each day going down and up gets annoying)
- Food court didn’t have any grilled/roasted/baked chicken options during lunch (only during dinner)

Last edited:
We just got back from 7 days/6 nights at CBR. I prefer AoA over CBR, the main factors being 1) the centralized bus station and 2) the Disney theme-ing. Here is my review...

Summary:

Caribbean Beach resort was a nice place to stay, with a few things worthy of noting (see below for additional notes of likes and dislikes). In general, I’d recommend this resort for couples with no kids, couples with older kids or anyone traveling looking for the island feel. You certainly do feel like you are on a Caribbean island when walking around the entire resort. It is large and walking to the central pool/food court area can be a hike if you are in an “island” which is not centrally located. Each “island” has its own quiet pool and there is a central pool with two water slides and a kiddie splash pad area.

What I liked:

- Rooms are recently renovated, clean and look nice
- Our room had a Murphy bed which was a nice bonus
- Room was nicely chilled upon entrance and was cool our entire stay (excellent AC)
- Main pool was fun for the kids
- Each “island” had its own quiet pool
- Each “island” had its own beach with hammocks
- Food court had a reasonable number of options during dinner
- They did a good job making it feel like you are actually on a Caribbean island with the surroundings

What I disliked:

- Bus shuttle service can be frustrating/time consuming. It stops at each “island” bus stop along the resort… so depending on where your “island” is along the route you may have to wait several stops before leaving the resort to head to the park (and same for when returning from park to get back to your “island”)
- You can’t swim in the “beach” (manmade lake)
- No hotel elevator up to the second floor (without a stroller it isn’t an inconvenience, but with a stroller each day going down and up gets annoying)
- Food court didn’t have any grilled/roasted/baked chicken options during lunch (only during dinner)
- You don’t have much Disney theme-ing around the resort/in the hotel room; it is more of the island feel than being at Disney feel

Thanks for your review! They are always welcomed here even when it's not all glowing. I do want to comment on a couple things.

You are not allowed to swim at the "beach" at ANY of the WDW resorts. Even the beaches around 7 Seas Lagoon (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness) and Crescent Lake (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk).

The Values are the only resorts that have a noticeable Disney Theme. All the Deluxes and Moderates are designed to make you feel like you are somewhere else and not at Disney World.

Since CBR no longer does boat rentals, where else can we go to rent one of those mini motorized boats? (Can't remember what they're called... Sea raycer maybe?)

Boat rentals are only available at the Deluxes now. Except AKL.

Fort Wilderness still has boat rentals. Sure they are a little more difficult to get to than the monorail hotels but it's always such a fun resort to visit.

can I ask what is the approximate cost of taxi from CBR to Disney Springs?
what is the apr cost for taxi to AK?

also some feedback on bus services - will we be ok without car? at SSR we found that many days were better taking the bus then the car to Epcot, MK, HS and not so much to the water parks or AK. How do bus services compare?

can I ask what is the approximate cost of taxi from CBR to Disney Springs?
what is the apr cost for taxi to AK?
Can't give an exact price for Disney Springs, but we took cab to Saratoga Springs Resort which is close by and that cost $12 one way including tip.

Thank you. I don't think we will hire a car, taxi isn't too bad for the odd time we don't fancy the busses

also some feedback on bus services - will we be ok without car? at SSR we found that many days were better taking the bus then the car to Epcot, MK, HS and not so much to the water parks or AK. How do bus services compare?
I've never stayed at CBR. But, we've stayed at other resorts without a car...and have never had problems. You can always call a taxi or use Uber if you want to get somewhere at a specific time and don't trust the bus that day. I would NEVER drive to MK. It's a mess.

Hello, I am new to these boards and welcome all this wonderful information. I am staying at CBR for 3 days and then catching the Disney shuttle to Port Canaveral for our Disney cruise. Can someone tell me how we go about doing this? I'm trying to figure out what will happen when we check-out and what time the bus comes to get us? Would we have time to use the pool at the resort? I would rather not wait around in the lobby for hours. Can someone who has recently done this explain the process? Thank you so much!

We have stayed at CBR for our last 3 trips, 4th one in a few weeks. We have never had a car during our stays there. We really haven't had to many issues with the bus service. If you are trying to get to a reservation, just make sure you leave enough time, the buses do stop in every island so depending which you are in could add a few minutes. Sometimes the bus would go to the water park and then AK, which drives me a little crazy, now I just plan for that. At night if you leave the park after a show you may have to wait for a second bus, but they usually come pretty quickly. We really enjoy the buses. It is nice to let someone else do the driving! We have had a car once at All- Star Movies during our first visit, but just decided to save the money and not rent a car.

We booked our Bounce Back for CBR for next September. It will be our first stay at this resort. Really looking forward to it!

We booked a standard room and I am a bit worried about the size of the resort (we just got back from POFQ - quite a difference), but I look forward to the theming and the pool. Since we will have a car, it may not be a big deal.

I just read several people mention on this thread that they asked for something that was NOT Jamaica. Why? What is wrong with Jamaica?

I read a review that said Barbados is probably the worst location, aside from the standard rooms. Why would some request Barbados?

Only 17 days to go! So excited! We've always stayed in Aruba or Martinique. Why is Barbados a bad location?

We booked our Bounce Back for CBR for next September. It will be our first stay at this resort. Really looking forward to it!

We booked a standard room and I am a bit worried about the size of the resort (we just got back from POFQ - quite a difference), but I look forward to the theming and the pool. Since we will have a car, it may not be a big deal.

I just read several people mention on this thread that they asked for something that was NOT Jamaica. Why? What is wrong with Jamaica?

I read a review that said Barbados is probably the worst location, aside from the standard rooms. Why would some request Barbados?
The bridge connecting Jamaica to OPR is under construction right now making Jamaica less desirable (further away). Barbados is not that far away from OPR for a standard room. We have stayed there and really liked it. Trinidad South (pirate rooms) are really far away! We stayed in Trinidid South our first visit and it was to far to walk but we had our car. It will be our third visit to CBR at the end of this month and we love the relaxed quite tropical feel of the resort. The pirate pools are pretty cool and the food at OPR is really good! I think you will love it!

Normally, the standard rooms in Barbados are the furthest from OPR. Right now, with the bridge to the island closed, Jamaica and Aruba are further/less convenient.

We just got back from CBR today... feeling the Disney blues!

We liked CBR for the most part. We stayed in Trinidad North 3239 - which had a Murphy bed. We liked how close we were to the bus stop (only three buildings share that stop), and we didn't wait that long for a bus, but all the stops were a little annoying - especially on the way back when we were almost the last stop.

We loved the pool, loved the beachy atmosphere. Our room was fine - DD loved the Murphy bed and I was glad to have booked a preferred room. I wasn't a fan of the food court area... the food was mostly mediocre (typical of most quick service, I guess) and the layout made it seem chaotic at times.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. We probably wouldn't stay there again, but mostly because we have so many other places to try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter