• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pirate rooms look really awesome. It was only dh and myself but I think he secretly would have liked those rooms pirate:

View attachment 127560 Update...I hadn't looked under the magicbands but voila pixiedust: there they were!:P Thanks everyone! Über excited!:dogdance:
Is that a Descendants wrap? Must have info! I've been looking for one for myself (my 6 year old boy is obsessed, but wants a different wrap for his)...haha and a few others for my kiddos & DH. If you don't want to post the info, can you DM me?

Just found this post and didn't read the entire thread, but I have a couple of questions.

1. We booked a standard room, what building, location, should I request? We will be there in Jan, so I am assuming that construction on the bridge will be finished.

2. We stayed here several years ago and don't remember if there are elevators or stairs. DD will be in a stroller and if she is sleeping would be much easier with a ground floor room and the stroller.

3. What are the touring plan faxes that have been mentioned?

4. Anyplace on property where we can grab a drink? Does Shutter's have a bar where we can sit and have a drink?

1. We like Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. They both are a lovely 3-4 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Pool. Of those 2, Jamaica 45 is our
favorite as we feel the bright yellow exterior of the Jamaica buildings just screams Caribbean.

2. No elevators, stairs only as the buildings only have 2 floors.

3. Touring Plans is a website that offers a yearly subscription for $12.95. This subscription gets you planning tools like planning your days in each park,
choosing which park on which day, etc. Another service they offer is to fax a room request to your resort. I don't recommend this as the only 2 resorts that
I know for sure actually read any faxed room requests are POR and POFQ. Calling the main reservations line and adding any room requests to your
reservation is still the best way.

4. We love the Banana Cabana right next to the Main Feature Pool. It's been open until Midnight during all of our trips.

I guess I will call to double check on our room request. When I spoke with a CM about a month ago she made me feel like a second rate guest because I had used a travel agent instead of using Disney direct. She told me there was no guarantee about my request especially since I had used an agent. At least I paid for the preferred room...:worried:

On the much brighter side I will be at CBR in 14 DAYS!!!!

I'm at 28 days and haven't received anything yet. A little nervous since I'm seeing people at 30+ getting theirs. :worship::worried:

Is that a Descendants wrap? Must have info! I've been looking for one for myself (my 6 year old boy is obsessed, but wants a different wrap for his)...haha and a few others for my kiddos & DH. If you don't want to post the info, can you DM me?

Yes, details please!!

Thanks so very much for the pirate room pictures! I'm anxious to hear whether or not the beds were changed from full to queen.

Question about distance to OPR. So we check in on the 25th..we have make room.requests but given our luck in the past we will be stuck in the farthest building away. With the bridge being out..how long of a walk would it be from the farthest building to OPR? We booked a standard room. Not sure if that matters for this question or not.

Question about distance to OPR. So we check in on the 25th..we have make room.requests but given our luck in the past we will be stuck in the farthest building away. With the bridge being out..how long of a walk would it be from the farthest building to OPR? We booked a standard room. Not sure if that matters for this question or not.

We were in one of the furthest buildings in Barbados and it took us about 7 minutes to walk to Old Port Royale. During our latest trip, we were in the very furthest building in Jamaica and the walk wasn't long at all. Even if you are in Jamaica, you can take the bridge across the lake (not the bridge through the island) and walk over to OPR.

Have they started to ship the new luggage tags?

new-disney-luggage-tags.png
Yes we got them with our magic bands

3. Touring Plans is a website that offers a yearly subscription for $12.95. This subscription gets you planning tools like planning your days in each park,
choosing which park on which day, etc. Another service they offer is to fax a room request to your resort. I don't recommend this as the only 2 resorts that
I know for sure actually read any faxed room requests are POR and POFQ. Calling the main reservations line and adding any room requests to your
reservation is still the best way.
We utilized the Touring Plan fax service....I didn't put much stake in it but we spent
  1. 6 nights at CBR and requested Jamaica 42, second floor and that is exactly what we got.
  2. 1 night at CSR and requested Cabanas 8A, first floor.....and that is exactly what we got.
Maybe it was just luck.....maybe no one wanted Jamaica 42 because of the bridge closing.....

We were in Jamaica 42 I left our requests the same even after finding out about the bridge closing. Jamaica 42 is the last building in Jamaica and it's on the water side. I figured the walk wouldn't be too bad if we walked around the far side of the lake, hitting Trinidad North before arriving at OPR and the main pool area. We went to the main pool twice and our quiet pool (which was fairly close to our building) on our first 3 evenings. We ate at Shutters one evening and walked back to our room from there and ate at the food court one evening....also walking back to our building. The walk was about 8-10 minutes but I won't lie......I acquired some really nice blisters on our second park day and the walk from the pool that day wasn't fun. It is a pretty walk and the entire resort has a luxurious feel. It never seemed crowded!

I LOVE those luggage tags! I'm vaguely wishing I had booked a package instead of room only! We have gotten them with our package the last couple times, and this is a silly little perk that I will miss!

How do you get the wraps. I did our magic bands but only saw the solid colors. I know my mom (the kiddo in our party) would love this.

There are several companies that make the magic band wraps. Search for magicband covers and you will find several places. If you search on this site, there are photos of people who have gotten customized covers and they usually mention the company. I'm decorating mine myself--there's an entire thread here that shows them.
http://disboards.com/threads/has-an...s-the-pictures.3190181/page-199#post-54389310

Still don't know how to multi quote on my phone...I found the site here in DIS, they are a sponsored site..they offer the option to customize. I search for a pic that would like good sideways..and as you customize you see in 360 view so you know exactly how it will appear. My DD is obsessed with Descendants she will be dressed as Mal for MNSSHP and I will be Maleficent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter