Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all checked in and settled! Traffic in Atlanta delayed us (2 semis crashed on an overpass, sending one tumbling over the edge, onto another major highway!), so we're here later than planned. We got the text with our room number around 4:30- no requests were met (Martinique & trundle); we're in Aruba, but at least the parking lot is right outside our door, so we'll just drive to OPR. Other tham missing the trundle, the room is awesome! The decor is reminiscent of a high-end hotel and I really love the sliding doors for the bathroom!

I tried the shuttle to get some snacks (alone, while DH dealt with kids who didn't want to sleep, haha); I won't be using it again. It's very difficult to climb in and out of and I'm pretty young, and it wasn't pleasant being is such an enclosed space with people who obviously smoked (no offense, smokers, I am just extra sensitive).

OPR was out of monkey cupcakes, so I settled for pineapple upside down cake- nothing special, but I've had worse! Now, time for bed :wave2:

Last edited:
I always dread driving through Atlanta!! Good to know about the shuttle bus. Hoping we are put in a building near OPR when we are there in october.

We got in last night about 7:30. We had our room number texted to us. We get to the room and the fridge had not been cleaned! Had to go to the customs house and request another room. By the time we made it to our new room in Aruba it was 10pm. Not a happy camper at this point. I love CBR and this is very disappointing. Chin up, it's going to be a great vacation starting right now!

I forgot to add that our original room and the one we have now both have Murphy beds, which I feel guilty about. It's just me and hubby and I am sure someone with kids would have liked it. Jamaica room 4115 has one and I will post our current room in Aruba when we check out.

Hi, does anyone happen to have the August 2015 outdoor movie schedule? We stayed at CBR last month and would like to have a digital copy of the schedule for our blurb book. Thanks.

Beth

Wait, I booked a water view (it was the only thing available for Free Dining). Does that mean it is possible I could be placed in Martinique or Trinidad North even though I didn't book preferred? Mind you, I know that it wouldn't be guaranteed, but this gives me hope.

Yup. The water view rooms in Martinique 24, 25 26 and Trinidad North are classified as water view and not preferred. So they are reserved for guests who booked water view. The same goes for King rooms.

Do corner rooms have two windows or only one?

I guess we should have requested Prefered. We paid for a King Room but I went ahead and kept Jamaica as our online booking.......I honestly don't care where they put us as long as it isn't uphill both ways to the main pool :joker:

We have 2 standard room views booked. I wish we could afford a water view room, but that's an additional $522 for the 2 rooms.:eek: Can't justify that. Can I request a courtyard view? I could live with a parking lot view (obviously...I am at Disney). I would love to get up in the morning and, while everyone else is sleeping, go to the courtyard and read a book for a bit. Any chance, albeit a small one, that I could end up with a water view in a standard room?

Splash pad is definitely open.

The playground on the island is open during daylight hours, accessible from the OPR side (didn't have my phone, or I would have gotten a pic of the sign).

Shutters is great- this coming from 2 foodies ;) I had the Mahi mahi and tres leches cake, DH had the NY strip and cheesecake. Kids had pizza and ice cream (nothing special there).

The walk from Aruba to OPR is, well, long. I feel for those without a car! We may try the boat next time we go to the pool, but won't use it otherwise since walking through sand is necessary (I deal with sand in my shoes at the beach, but won't do it here!).

Will the pirate rooms have new mattresses (or have they gotten new ones) at all? Was at CBR at a pirate room about 2 years ago and loved it, with one exception, the mattress felt like I was laying on a deck of a ship it seemed that hard. (I didn't even mind the walk) Just the mattress was a bit hard for me. I wondered if there had been, or will there be any new ones? Planning on a trip to CBR in the new year, maybe early spring, or late winter.

Will the pirate rooms have new mattresses (or have they gotten new ones) at all? Was at CBR at a pirate room about 2 years ago and loved it, with one exception, the mattress felt like I was laying on a deck of a ship it seemed that hard. (I didn't even mind the walk) Just the mattress was a bit hard for me. I wondered if there had been, or will there be any new ones? Planning on a trip to CBR in the new year, maybe early spring, or late winter.

The pirate rooms are being refurbed, my understanding is they are getting new mattresses as part of that.

Does anyone know if you can buy more than single sodas at the store in OPR (like a 12 pack or something like that) - and how much they might be? I don't see anything like that in the photos on page 1.

I'm trying to do the math around whether refillable mugs are a better deal for our one week stay... we've reserved preferred, so we'll likely be close enough to take advantage without too much walking, but I'd prefer to not have to run over in the AM before catching the bus if necessary. We don't need enough groceries to justify an outside order, so this is the piece I'm still trying to figure out.

Also, I assume that if one went over there at the crack of dawn, it would be possible to refill mugs (not locked/closed/etc)?

Down to 5 days... we are getting so excited - and just a little anxious about all the details!

Does anyone know if you can buy more than single sodas at the store in OPR (like a 12 pack or something like that) - and how much they might be? I don't see anything like that in the photos on page 1.

I'm trying to do the math around whether refillable mugs are a better deal for our one week stay... we've reserved preferred, so we'll likely be close enough to take advantage without too much walking, but I'd prefer to not have to run over in the AM before catching the bus if necessary. We don't need enough groceries to justify an outside order, so this is the piece I'm still trying to figure out.

Also, I assume that if one went over there at the crack of dawn, it would be possible to refill mugs (not locked/closed/etc)?

Down to 5 days... we are getting so excited - and just a little anxious about all the details!

I took pictures of the items for sale in the refrigerated case in the store. I am sorry that I can't remember the prices.

P6041028 (1024x768).jpg

P6041029 (768x1024).jpg

P6041030 (1024x768).jpg

P6041031 (1024x768).jpg

Yes, there are 6 packs if I remember correctly. I am always the first one up so I would get ready and head over to OPR while my wife and son got ready. I would fill our mugs and get breakfast for all of us. We have never stayed preferred and even with that I would be back in under 15 minutes. Just for an idea.

OPR opens at 6:30AM

Thanks for the help - knowing that it is open early might tip the balance for us... I'm guessing the price will be even or better using the mugs (at least for DH and I) since we have a few lunch/dinner meals at the resort as well.

So many decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter