• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now with the bridge closure - please tell me the top two building choices to make to have the most ideal location. Thanks!

Now with Bridge closure best options would be Martinique and Trinidad North. They are right next to OPR and quickly walkable. If you don't happen to get those though don't worry, as we were in the back building of Jamaica and found the jumper vans to be quick and reliable. :)

Hey guys! Have a quick question. So after gather up all the baby supplies that I will need while we are there for 8 days, I'm thinking the best thing to do is ship it all ahead of time (water, diapers, baby food). With that said. I should send everything UPS to the 900 Cayman Way address right? I've shipped to Disney resorts before but its been awhile. If I send the package out Monday 9/14 it should be there by the 19th when we check in right? Appreciate any feedback that you can provide.
Have you thought about ordering the items from Amazon and having them shipped directly to the resort? Or using one of the shopping services (Garden Grocer, for one)? The fees might be cheaper than boxing and shipping yourself, and a lot less hassle!

Hey guys! Have a quick question. So after gather up all the baby supplies that I will need while we are there for 8 days, I'm thinking the best thing to do is ship it all ahead of time (water, diapers, baby food). With that said. I should send everything UPS to the 900 Cayman Way address right? I've shipped to Disney resorts before but its been awhile. If I send the package out Monday 9/14 it should be there by the 19th when we check in right? Appreciate any feedback that you can provide.

Yes that's the right address! You would address it as:

"Your Name goes here", Guest
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8411

Just want to say a few things about our 9 night stay at CBR, 8/27-9/4. This was our third time there. Our first trip many years ago was 14 nights, one of our most favorite trips, the second was just a few nights during a split stay. We originally requested Jamaica then found out here the bridge was closing the day we arrived. We called and changed the request but wound up with Jamaica anyway. We got the room number early, before we left home and my wife called and got us changed to Martinique, building 21. It was kind of far, but not too bad. You have to find the short cuts thru the other buildings. Dont just stay on the main paths, or walk all the way around a building, walk thru it. It could make your walk much shorter. I liked the new room with the murphy bed. I saw someone had posted that the murphy bed was 64" long, that's only 5' 4". My son who is 5' 7" was going to be sleeping on this bed so I was a little concerned. I didn't bring a tape measure but the bed is bigger than 64". My son fit on it fine and said it was comfortable. I'm 6' 1" and I laid on it, I did fit lenght wise, but I dont think it would have been a good nights sleep for me. The queen beds were fantastic, very comfortable. I like to have low, dim lightining in the room, which most rooms I have stayed in have. I found those light fixtures above the beds to be super bright, they have three bulbs in each one. I simply stood on the bed and unscrewed two of the bulbs in each, then they gave off the amount of light I like. Room service was horrible, the worst we have ever had, but that's hit or miss. Actually, the best room service we ever had was at CBR our first time there, so its a luck of the draw type thing. Bus service was normal, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, except for when the one driver pulled up very slow and never really stopped, then just took off and left us standing there??? It's the same everywhere. Although I absolutely hate where the new stop is at MK, I think it's 5 miles from the exit. I guess they were nice enough not to put it in the Contemporary parking lot though. Food court was ok, no complaints on the food just wish there was a little more to chose from. We ate at Shutters one night food was good, one of our better meals. Pool area was fine plenty of chairs but that all depends on when you go. It was very quiet where we were, not one slamming door, no running kids, no noise thru the walls, no yelling parents, We slept till 9:00 everyday! Overall CBR was very good, I just wasn't liking the walk to the food court from where I was. Probably my own fault since I only bought flip flops, no sneakers....I think I'm still 30, my dogs were barking!!

So now with the bridge closure - please tell me the top two building choices to make to have the most ideal location. Thanks!

Now with Bridge closure best options would be Martinique and Trinidad North. They are right next to OPR and quickly walkable. If you don't happen to get those though don't worry, as we were in the back building of Jamaica and found the jumper vans to be quick and reliable. :)

I am assuming that the OP is not booked Preferred. Half of Martinique and all of Trinidad North are Preferred. So unless you have a King Bed or a Water View room booked, requesting a preferred location is pointless.

@MamaMagoo The following locations are very close to OPR and are Non Preferred:

Matinique 21, 22 and 23
Barbados 14, 15 and 16

I am assuming that the OP is not booked Preferred. Half of Martinique and all of Trinidad North are Preferred. So unless you have a King Bed or a Water View room booked, requesting a preferred location is pointless.

@MamaMagoo The following locations are very close to OPR and are Non Preferred:

Matinique 21, 22 and 23
Barbados 14, 15 and 16
We got upgraded to Trinidad North last year for no additional cost. I never ask for preferred but have had it a couple of times.

We've been in Martinique before in a standard, our first trip actually.

I'm also wondering about the splash pad refurb - anyone have any info?

We have a king room booked in 2 weeks. Do we have a better shot at getting a preferred room? Should I be requesting one?

Yes, you have a better shot of getting a preferred building than someone who booked a non king and non preferred room. If you have a king room booked, or a water view, there are some of those located in each of the preferred buildings. So if you request a preferred building it is a valid request. If you have a regular non preferred room booked and you request a preferred building, it's still a valid request BUT you are asking for a free upgrade. Do they happen, yes. Is it likely, no.

I hope not! Anyone know?
I have scoured the internet looking for any sign that this is the case and I haven't seen anything. I actually just changed my reservation for a December trip from Port Orleans French Quarter to CBR because of the splash playground, so if it's closed, I would really like to know as well to make other arrangements.

Also, I wanted to know if there are still playgrounds on the beaches of the individual villages. I've seen on the maps that they're listed, but when I go to Google Earth, I don't see them. Does anyone know if they're still there?

Yes that's the right address! You would address it as:

"Your Name goes here", Guest
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8411

Thank you! How far in advance should I Ship it? IF we arrive Sat 9/19. Should I ship it Friday the 11th or Monday the 14th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter