Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read several places that this is a "myth". Josh at easywdw said he actually measured several rooms and they are 314 and not 340. Touring Plans also lists the rooms as 314. I have never been there and measured, and I have seen both numbers thrown around, but Josh actually measured the rooms. I'm not sure which is accurate.

I know, there are a bunch of people and sites out there that have a thing about CBR and refuse to admit the rooms are larger than the other Mods. There was a VERY heated thread here between the POR fans and CBR fans that got locked quickly years ago. CBR was built before there were the three classes of resorts. It was built to be a less expensive option than Poly, Contemporary etc. So the rooms were made slightly smaller at 340.

I have seen the actual plans that were submitted to, and approved by, the Reedy Creek Improvement Commission for the CBR rooms from when they did the Nemo theme. If you added the measurements it was 340. And it also stated total size = 340.

Having said all that, 26 sq. ft. isn't that noticeable but it IS true and accurate.

our last day tomorrow-boy that went fast
Weather was pretty bad all week. Lots of rain and cloud cover, so didn't get the tan I wanted.
I would stay here again but only preferred. We got lucky to get upgraded to Martinique. All other areas seem to far away from action for me. Buses hit or miss. If you just missed one it seemed to take forever for another to come,especially when you have achy feet from parks all day (even worse when there is a line of people ahead of you so you know you will be standing on bus). Quickest ride is Disney studios. Worst is Downtown Disney. I thought quiet pools we open 24 hours but they close at 11. Guard kicked us out last night. Sucks because we are parks all day and it's nice to take a quick dip before bed. Pools were quite cold which was a bummer too. No towels at quiet pools either.
Food court nice and so is store. Rooms big enough for me and my three teens. One daughter slept on pull bed quite comfortably. Great time over all.

Hi! Just returned from our first stay at CBR. Beautiful resort! Loved having another option for family of 5. Only complaint was the amount of chlorine in the pools. Bleached my girls neon pink and purple bathing suits to almost WHITE in two wearings. My youngest daughters hair turned to straw - it was actually crunchy even after washing and conditioning! Other than that, we loved the resort, grounds, and room.

We had connecting rooms in Aruba and both had pull down beds, so you can add room 5619 and 5620 to your list.

Oh, and there seemed to be a lack of buses for the Magic Kingdom. Multiple buses would stop for other parks, sometimes 2 or 3 for each park with no one getting on them, before a magic kingdom bus would finally come and sometimes they were full. We were also the absolute farthest bus stop coming out of the magic kingdom (the third row and almost the farthest one down) which was not fun after a long day in the park!

Weather was pretty bad all week. Lots of rain and cloud cover, so didn't get the tan I wanted.
I would stay here again but only preferred. We got lucky to get upgraded to Martinique. All other areas seem to far away from action for me. Buses hit or miss. If you just missed one it seemed to take forever for another to come,especially when you have achy feet from parks all day (even worse when there is a line of people ahead of you so you know you will be standing on bus). Quickest ride is Disney studios. Worst is Downtown Disney. I thought quiet pools we open 24 hours but they close at 11. Guard kicked us out last night. Sucks because we are parks all day and it's nice to take a quick dip before bed. Pools were quite cold which was a bummer too. No towels at quiet pools either.
Food court nice and so is store. Rooms big enough for me and my three teens. One daughter slept on pull bed quite comfortably. Great time over all.

I have never figured out why the times passes so quickly when you are ON vacation but waiting for the vacation to get here is so much longer.

I don't know when they started a closing time on the quiet pools. We have seen people in them at all hours of the night/early morning. I am not sure if any of the resort quiet pools provide towels but, then again, we have only stayed at CBR and POFQ.

Thanks so much for the mini review!

I know, there are a bunch of people and sites out there that have a thing about CBR and refuse to admit the rooms are larger than the other Mods. There was a VERY heated thread here between the POR fans and CBR fans that got locked quickly years ago. CBR was built before there were the three classes of resorts. It was built to be a less expensive option than Poly, Contemporary etc. So the rooms were made slightly smaller at 340.

I have seen the actual plans that were submitted to, and approved by, the Reedy Creek Improvement Commission for the CBR rooms from when they did the Nemo theme. If you added the measurements it was 340. And it also stated total size = 340.

Having said all that, 26 sq. ft. isn't that noticeable but it IS true and accurate.

A heated argument? Here on Dis? Wow, really?? Ha I am not surprised--been there done that with some DIS fans!!:rolleyes1:rotfl2: LOL!! But seriously, it is indeed true about CBR being the biggest Mod rooms! Even with DVC...Old Key West has the biggest DVC rooms than any other DVC...it was the original... But you right..a measly 26 Sq foot at CBR is not going to make that BIG of a difference! Don't know why POR people have to make such a big deal about it! :sad2::bored:

Last edited:

Thanks for the review!!! Sorry about the weather...But still better in Disney during rain than sunny days at home!

As for pools, it used to be that the quiet pools were open 24 hours. I don't understand why they shorten the hours for it is a relief for many guests when they get back from the parks late. I remember i used to go in pool and hot tub at 2 am!!! It was awesome!!

They are most likely closing the quiet pools early because they are a liability if someone gets hurt in them, and Disney doesn't want the liability.

Correct. Ever since that boy drowned at Pop while swimming "after hours" they have started enforcing the pool hours.

Correct. Ever since that boy drowned at Pop while swimming "after hours" they have started enforcing the pool hours.

Oh that makes sense....the abuse from others causes for rules to change. A tragedy, but still can't believe the parents were NOT at the pool at POP from what i understood! :sad2:

Oh that makes sense....the abuse from others causes for rules to change. A tragedy, but still can't believe the parents were NOT at the pool at POP from what i understood! :sad2:

Actually according to the articles I read, the parents and other family members were right there in the pool. After that happened the Orlando papers were running articles on how quickly someone can drown and how hard it is to tell the difference between someone goofing around and someone actually in trouble.

UGH bummer on the closing of the private pools at 11pm...we too loved our midnight swims after the parks..it totally eased my poor aching legs. Did my online check in today, thanks Dansdad for the info on that. I was originally worried about the heat in August but after the few weeks we have had here in Texas with triple digits Im thinking Orlando will be much cooler. 3 days ago we were having 105 deg plus humidity ( real feel 111 deg) and Orlando was only 91! hey I will take 91 anyday over this, we are forecast for triple digits for next 2 weeks too so Im not as stressed about the heat now. 14 days and counting..

Actually according to the articles I read, the parents and other family members were right there in the pool. After that happened the Orlando papers were running articles on how quickly someone can drown and how hard it is to tell the difference between someone goofing around and someone actually in trouble.

Thanks for the update...i must have read the earlier articles..i remember it was questioned that the parents were not there. But still a tragedy, no matter what.

They are most likely closing the quiet pools early because they are a liability if someone gets hurt in them, and Disney doesn't want the liability.

You're right! Unfortunately, some people do stupid things and would then sue disney when something happens. Last week, we went down to the quiet pool and there was a mom SLEEPING on a lounge chair while her 3 year old little boy was bobbing around in the deep end of the pool with a life jacket on. I guess she figured that since he had a life jacket on, he didn't need supervision. There were a few other people in the pool, but none in the deep end and none that were with the boy. My kids played with him for about a half hour and then the mom comes over to the side of the pool and tells the little boy that she was going back to the room to put her ipad away and she'd be right back! We were SHOCKED! She was gone for at least 20 minutes. We watched the little boy and stayed until his mom came back, took him out of the pool and left. I shudder to think what could happened if no one else was at the pool to watch him.

OMG, that mother is totally negligent. My 6 year old doesn't swim yet and my eyes are on him at all times when he is in the pool with swimmies on. That poor 3 year old boy, that mother is a horror or just plain ignorant? There was a child that drowned a few weeks ago in NY (long island) who was 5 years old and it was during a party and there were other people in the pool at the time. Drownings are so scary, people cannot be lax at all.

You're right! Unfortunately, some people do stupid things and would then sue disney when something happens. Last week, we went down to the quiet pool and there was a mom SLEEPING on a lounge chair while her 3 year old little boy was bobbing around in the deep end of the pool with a life jacket on. I guess she figured that since he had a life jacket on, he didn't need supervision. There were a few other people in the pool, but none in the deep end and none that were with the boy. My kids played with him for about a half hour and then the mom comes over to the side of the pool and tells the little boy that she was going back to the room to put her ipad away and she'd be right back! We were SHOCKED! She was gone for at least 20 minutes. We watched the little boy and stayed until his mom came back, took him out of the pool and left. I shudder to think what could happened if no one else was at the pool to watch him.
I would have turned her in. There is no excuse for that!

:offtopic: Just to let everyone know....they reopened up the 6-7pm FP slots for party nights. If you lost yours and want to go get it back, you should probably do it quickly before they are all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter