• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked our first CBR stay, arriving 11/8. Pretty pumped we were able to get in with the free dining offer. Took a huge chunk off the price tag we were looking at. Never seen WDW decorated for Christmas. So very, very excited.

Hi, does anyone know if you can get a preferred room to sleep 5? We need the pull down but can only find standard and water/pool rooms with the pull down.

Thanks in advance.

We are a family of 5 & have a preferred booked. I think they are sprinkled throughout the categories.

Enjoy your stay at CBR. Now the pros and cons of Christmas at WDW,

PROS:

1. Snow falling at the magic Kingdom when it is still in the 60's.
2. The Decorations.
3. Christmas bag on your door when you wake up.
4. The Decorations (I know, I said it twice, but it is truly Magical).
5. MK Fireworks Show. You have got to see it. I still get chills thinking about it.
6. The looks on the kids faces...not just yours, but all of them. It is truly something to enjoy.

CONS:

1. Crowds. Doable, but MK was at capacity at 11:00AM on Christmas day when we went.
2. Crowds. People rushing the transportation like there was never going to be another bus/shuttle/tram.
3. Cost. But hey, it is truly Magical.

ENJOY!!!
Even more excited after reading this!!!! The crowds must be worse at Christmas than Spring Break I have never been at a park at capacity. That will be an experience in itself. What is your opinion on the standard rooms at CBR...we are use to preferred when we have stayed at POR but I really wanted the extra time...Should I try to request a building or just wing it and get what we get. I have wanted to stay at this resort for a long time. So glad they added the 5th person! OMG a Christmas bag on the door!!! LOVE IT!!

Also - now that we're all set with FD for our week... for those who know CBR inside and out... we have two adults and two kids (our son turns 9 while we are there and our daughter is 5)... we don't mind a short walk, but if we wanted to request an ideal building to be nearby the pool and cafe and bus, which would you request? What would your preference request look like?

Every village has its own bus stop and quiet pool, so no matter where you are you will always be very close to one of those. The following buildings are the closest non-preferred locations to OPR (Food Court) and Main Feature Pool:

Jamaica 45
Aruba 51
Martinique 21, 22 and 23

Of the above, Jamaica 45 is our favorite. But all of these are between a 3-4 minute stroll to OPR and the Main Pool.

Hi, does anyone know if you can get a preferred room to sleep 5? We need the pull down but can only find standard and water/pool rooms with the pull down.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, there are rooms that sleep 5 in the preferred locations.

PROS:

2. The Decorations.
4. The Decorations (I know, I said it twice, but it is truly Magical).
5. MK Fireworks Show. You have got to see it. I still get chills thinking about it.
6. The looks on the kids faces...not just yours, but all of them. It is truly something to enjoy.

CONS:

1. Crowds. Doable, but MK was at capacity at 11:00AM on Christmas day when we went.
2. Crowds. People rushing the transportation like there was never going to be another bus/shuttle/tram.
3. Cost. But hey, it is truly Magical.

ENJOY!!!

How exciting! I would like to know more about the Christmas bags!

Coming back to CBR after trying 2 others resorts that we didn't like as much! 12/21-12/29!!!! Wondering what activities they do at the resort on Christmas Day? Anything special beyond normal daily kids activities?

PROS:

Just a tip on #1 here....DO NOT try to eat the snow. It's bubbles as DS found out the hard way. :lmao: #3 We were there last year and the year before at Christmas and never got a bag on our door. :confused3 What was in your bag? Did we miss something 2 years in a row?

Coming back to CBR after trying 2 others resorts that we didn't like as much! 12/21-12/29!!!! Wondering what activities they do at the resort on Christmas Day? Anything special beyond normal daily kids activities?
I honestly can't remember if it was Christmas Eve or Christmas Day but, I believe it was Christmas Eve that you can go in OPR and make gingerbread houses and I believe Christmas Day is when Mickey came to OPR for picture taking. There will be a calendar of events when you get there that will fill you in on everything that will be going on. Enjoy! :santa:

I'm SUPER EXCITED to have snagged FD for the end of October! I am a bit nervous, however, about our request for connecting rooms. It will be DH and I with 5 kids under 16. When I spoke with 2 different CMs, they both told me, per their supervisors, that we were guaranteed connecting rooms. However, several people have posted on here that connecting rooms are never guaranteed... even if Disney marks down that they are. Can anyone give me insight on their experiences with this at CBR and if I can really count on guaranteed connecting rooms? Thanks!

I'm SUPER EXCITED to have snagged FD for the end of October! I am a bit nervous, however, about our request for connecting rooms. It will be DH and I with 5 kids under 16. When I spoke with 2 different CMs, they both told me, per their supervisors, that we were guaranteed connecting rooms. However, several people have posted on here that connecting rooms are never guaranteed... even if Disney marks down that they are. Can anyone give me insight on their experiences with this at CBR and if I can really count on guaranteed connecting rooms? Thanks!

This is not CBR specific, but at WDW resorts in general connecting rooms are NEVER guaranteed. My wife and I have traveled to WDW twice with 5 kids in tow. Both times we were told connecting rooms were guaranteed, and all our documentation said the same. Both times our reservations were supposedly booked correctly, 2 rooms 1 reservation #, in order to get connecting rooms. Both times we did not have connecting rooms. The one time at POR we were in 2 different buildings and the other at BC we were on 2 different floors. At POR on day 5 of a 7 night stay they were finally able to move us to the same building and at BC on day 3 we were able to get on the same floor but not close.

Now having said that, WDW will do everything they can to grant your request. But the problem is there is no way in their system to block off 2 connecting rooms when you make the reservation. So when it comes time for the room assigners to assign your rooms, if there are no connecting rooms left there's nothing they can do. This is why a family suite is more expensive than 2 rooms, it's the only way to guarantee you will all be together.

There are tons of guests that have requested connecting rooms and gotten them. I just want to make sure people out there know that no matter what WDW says, connecting rooms are not guaranteed.

Every village has its own bus stop and quiet pool, so no matter where you are you will always be very close to one of those. The following buildings are the closest non-preferred locations to OPR (Food Court) and Main Feature Pool:

Jamaica 45
Aruba 51
Martinique 21, 22 and 23

Of the above, Jamaica 45 is our favorite. But all of these are between a 3-4 minute stroll to OPR and the Main Pool.

Thanks so much!!

This is not CBR specific, but at WDW resorts in general connecting rooms are NEVER guaranteed. My wife and I have traveled to WDW twice with 5 kids in tow. Both times we were told connecting rooms were guaranteed, and all our documentation said the same. Both times our reservations were supposedly booked correctly, 2 rooms 1 reservation #, in order to get connecting rooms. Both times we did not have connecting rooms. The one time at POR we were in 2 different buildings and the other at BC we were on 2 different floors. At POR on day 5 of a 7 night stay they were finally able to move us to the same building and at BC on day 3 we were able to get on the same floor but not close.

Now having said that, WDW will do everything they can to grant your request. But the problem is there is no way in their system to block off 2 connecting rooms when you make the reservation. So when it comes time for the room assigners to assign your rooms, if there are no connecting rooms left there's nothing they can do. This is why a family suite is more expensive than 2 rooms, it's the only way to guarantee you will all be together.

There are tons of guests that have requested connecting rooms and gotten them. I just want to make sure people out there know that no matter what WDW says, connecting rooms are not guaranteed.

When I had first booked for FD I booked 2 rooms at Pop (we are a fam of 6, kids are 6-11). The CM assured me the connecting rooms were guranteed due to the age of the children. After stalking WDW site and seeing CBR available I modified with a CM and she said they were NOT guaranteed but she was putting the request in. SO I was told 2 different things and I don't think it has anything to do with the resorts. My question is when I am able to do on-line check in or simply call 5 days prior to my trip, do I need to confirm/repeat this request and is it possible to also request a specific building? Obviously I would tell them the priority is connecting rooms but wasn't sure if anyone had luck with that as well as getting the location they want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter