Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave in 33 days for our first stay at CBR. I have already called in our requests - Jamaica/Aruba and first floor. How far in advance should I fax my request? And should I follow up again via phone? What is the correct fax number? Finally, I saw in earlier pages that people found out what building they were in prior to check-in. Who did you call for this info?

Lastly, there are only 4 of us, what are the chances of getting a Murphy bed? TIA!

We are celebrating my husband's birthday on his birthday (11/14) and we are celebrating mine early on another day. I was wondering how to let them know we are celebrating? In the past I was able to put it in when we were booking online but this time there was not a place to do it.

Thanks so much!

We are celebrating my husband's birthday on his birthday (11/14) and we are celebrating mine early on another day. I was wondering how to let them know we are celebrating? In the past I was able to put it in when we were booking online but this time there was not a place to do it.

Thanks so much!
When you get to the desk to check in they will ask if you are celebrating anything. Tell them there. Last year we got Anniversary pins.

Thanks so much!
You can also call the reservation line and have them add it before you go if you want. While you have them on the phone, you can also add any room requests that you might have such as which village, floor, etc. Also, if you have any ADRs, call 1-407-WDW-Dine and have them add his birthday to those! Depending on where you are eating you will get dessert, a card or maybe even sang to! I have watched members of my family get this special treatment and now I will finally be getting it myself in Sept. :)

Okay, I have a silly question about the Old Port Royal food court and the dining plan. Can we pick up our dessert and drink (carton of milk) from the grab-and-go section first, and then get our entree ? I wasn't sure if they let you leave the grab-and-go area without paying first.

Oh--and is it best to do it that way, or get our entrees first and then grab the dessert/drink?

New
Okay, I have a silly question about the Old Port Royal food court and the dining plan. Can we pick up our dessert and drink (carton of milk) from the grab-and-go section first, and then get our entree ? I wasn't sure if they let you leave the grab-and-go area without paying first.

Yes you can.

Oh--and is it best to do it that way, or get our entrees first and then grab the dessert/drink?

It's up to you but, we find it easiest to get the drink/dessert first. That way we can go ahead and pay and immediately sit down to eat. :)

After losing out to free dining at CBR we picked the AKL standard view with free dining. After consonantly checking the website, this afternoon, standard view opened up for my week. With an almost $1200 savings, we are now going to be at CBR standard view from 11/10- 11/17 celebrating my wife and my 7th wedding anniversary and daughters 6th birthday. We wanted POR because that is where we spent our honeymoon but too bad free dining wasn't available. Please add us too the roll call. I was a little disappointed in downgrading after getting AKL but i am now looking forward to CBR, especially my daughter who just wants to go swimming in the pool.

I'm so excited. My son only liked the quiet pool. I showed him the video of the splash area today and he was so excited. Bonus points that he can do something his big brother can't. Do all the hotels have these kind of splash pad areas?

Roll call 11/10-11/17.

Woo hoo finally found a free dining cancellation and grabbed it, I am Sooo excited!!! We have a reservation at pop booked with a TA and could not reach her yesterday when I saw the free dining reservation so I grabbed it myself. I really hope I'm not causing her too much work, but felt like I had to grab it before it was gone. We are saving >700 getting this pixie dust. :yay:

I have a TA, was booked at BC but when CBR came out with free dining, I booked it and just transferred to her. It's super easy and there was no way I was going to depend on her to get it, since it was insane the morning free dining came out.

I am so excited had to cancel my May trip for this year, but was able to book Dec 19-26th CBR with FREE DINING!!! We are staying in the standard room. I was offered a preferred building but I did not want to spend the extra money. We have only done preferred buildings at POR but usually stay 5 nights...I opted for a longer stay...plus we have never been on the dining plan. I have always wanted to be at Disney over Christmas!!

I am so excited had to cancel my May trip for this year, but was able to book Dec 19-26th CBR with FREE DINING!!! We are staying in the standard room. I was offered a preferred building but I did not want to spend the extra money. We have only done preferred buildings at POR but usually stay 5 nights...I opted for a longer stay...plus we have never been on the dining plan. I have always wanted to be at Disney over Christmas!!
Enjoy your stay at CBR. Now the pros and cons of Christmas at WDW,

PROS:

1. Snow falling at the magic Kingdom when it is still in the 60's.
2. The Decorations.
3. Christmas bag on your door when you wake up.
4. The Decorations (I know, I said it twice, but it is truly Magical).
5. MK Fireworks Show. You have got to see it. I still get chills thinking about it.
6. The looks on the kids faces...not just yours, but all of them. It is truly something to enjoy.

CONS:

1. Crowds. Doable, but MK was at capacity at 11:00AM on Christmas day when we went.
2. Crowds. People rushing the transportation like there was never going to be another bus/shuttle/tram.
3. Cost. But hey, it is truly Magical.

ENJOY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter