Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed in the pirate room (3636) and beds are doubles. Asked if any were queen and no, they are all still only doubles but beautiful with the refurb. Trinidad South are a ways from Old Port Royale and was always last stop on bus route so hard when getting back at night from park with sleeping children but we were very close to bus stop so that was a positive.

Thank you for your post! Everyone is wondering about the possible change from double to queen. I appreciate you letting us know!

So, they just announced Christmas Parade taping and it's during our MK day. Not sure it'll affect us, but Main Street will be a mess! I wasn't expecting it to be during our trip, but it's early this year (Nov 10-13th). Not CBR related, but I know other people are going to be there the same time!

I need help deciding. I will be at Disney for the Princess Half Marathon (Feb 2016). I have a room booked at POR but just found out they main pool will be closed. I was really looking forward to soaking my feet in a hot tub and pool w/a cold drink after the marathon. So I'm thinking of changing hotels. I'm looking at booking a preferred room at CBR (haven't been there since early 2014). Does anyone know which bus stop is used to pick up runners for the marathon. I'ld like a room closest to that bus stop and hot tub!
Thanks so much.

We have breakfast reservations at Ohana. What's the best way to get there? Take a Cab direct or take the bus to MK and then monorail to poly? Getting back to CBR can we walk to the TTC and get a bus back to CBR?

We have breakfast reservations at Ohana. What's the best way to get there? Take a Cab direct or take the bus to MK and then monorail to poly? Getting back to CBR can we walk to the TTC and get a bus back to CBR?
If I were you, I'd take a cab or uber to Ohana. Then, back I'd do the TTC. I hate to be rushed going places for reservations in the morning, just makes me nervous. The bus/monorail would be fine too (we've done this many times from other resorts). Just not a fan in the early am buses :)

Thanks for your review! They are always welcomed here even when it's not all glowing. I do want to comment on a couple things.

You are not allowed to swim at the "beach" at ANY of the WDW resorts. Even the beaches around 7 Seas Lagoon (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness) and Crescent Lake (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk).

The Values are the only resorts that have a noticeable Disney Theme. All the Deluxes and Moderates are designed to make you feel like you are somewhere else and not at Disney World.

Thanks for that info - that is great to know. I never thought it all out about not swimming in any of the "beaches" and about the theme-ing.

For early breakfast ADRs at a park we take the bus. But for early breakfast ADRs at another resort, we prefer a taxi (we haven't tried Uber at WDW yet but have been loving it at home and will try it next trip). When going to another resort you have to use 2 modes of WDW transportation which just ups the odds of something not going right.

After Ohana, you will have to boat or monorail to MK then bus back to CBR if you don't use a taxi or Uber. There is no way to get from TTC back to CBR.

I need help deciding. I will be at Disney for the Princess Half Marathon (Feb 2016). I have a room booked at POR but just found out they main pool will be closed. I was really looking forward to soaking my feet in a hot tub and pool w/a cold drink after the marathon. So I'm thinking of changing hotels. I'm looking at booking a preferred room at CBR (haven't been there since early 2014). Does anyone know which bus stop is used to pick up runners for the marathon. I'ld like a room closest to that bus stop and hot tub!
Thanks so much.

When my boss did it last year and stayed at CBR, the Marathon bus stopped at every village and OPR.

So, we've been back a week and I've been thoroughly depressed that I'm not there anymore. Anyway, I'm doing a trip report over on that board, but I thought I'd write up a brief one here.

We were placed in Martinique 2216, which is a corner room (I requested one). Throughout our stay, Mousekeeping was wonderful. On the one day that they didn't get to our room because we had put the Privacy sign out, they left a bag of towels, toiletries, and coffee refills. The room was clean and with everything in working order. The fridge had ample space for the gallon of milk, orange juice, and water that we had purchased through Garden Grocers. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had no trouble with the air conditioning.

The resort itself was wonderful. While I know there must have been a lot of people staying there, it never felt crowded. We ate breakfast in OPR three times and always managed to find a table. The went to the main pool twice and found some chairs in the shade each time. The pool activities they have for the kids are fun, though there were no kids in our party. It was fun watching them.

The bus transportation was efficient and consistent. The only time I remember waiting for a bus for more than ten minutes was one morning when going to MK, but I think that was our fault for just missing the previous bus. Most times, we waited no more than five minutes for a bus. Being in Martinique, some trips took longer since we'd make the entire loop around before leaving, but again, that took only about five minutes or so. Rides to DHS and EPCOT took only about ten to fifteen minutes. MK and AK were a little longer, approaching twenty minutes. DTD varied with traffic, but it usually only took about fifteen minutes. My one complaint about the buses was the fact that the MK bus stop is the second to last one there! That made for a long walk at the end of the day. We were nearly in the Contemporary, after all!

All in all, it was a great vacation. The service at CBR was wonderful and the resort was as lovely as I remembered. I would definitely recommend the resort.

So, we've been back a week and I've been thoroughly depressed that I'm not there anymore. Anyway, I'm doing a trip report over on that board, but I thought I'd write up a brief one here.

We were placed in Martinique 2216, which is a corner room (I requested one). Throughout our stay, Mousekeeping was wonderful. On the one day that they didn't get to our room because we had put the Privacy sign out, they left a bag of towels, toiletries, and coffee refills. The room was clean and with everything in working order. The fridge had ample space for the gallon of milk, orange juice, and water that we had purchased through Garden Grocers. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had no trouble with the air conditioning.

The resort itself was wonderful. While I know there must have been a lot of people staying there, it never felt crowded. We ate breakfast in OPR three times and always managed to find a table. The went to the main pool twice and found some chairs in the shade each time. The pool activities they have for the kids are fun, though there were no kids in our party. It was fun watching them.

The bus transportation was efficient and consistent. The only time I remember waiting for a bus for more than ten minutes was one morning when going to MK, but I think that was our fault for just missing the previous bus. Most times, we waited no more than five minutes for a bus. Being in Martinique, some trips took longer since we'd make the entire loop around before leaving, but again, that took only about five minutes or so. Rides to DHS and EPCOT took only about ten to fifteen minutes. MK and AK were a little longer, approaching twenty minutes. DTD varied with traffic, but it usually only took about fifteen minutes. My one complaint about the buses was the fact that the MK bus stop is the second to last one there! That made for a long walk at the end of the day. We were nearly in the Contemporary, after all!

All in all, it was a great vacation. The service at CBR was wonderful and the resort was as lovely as I remembered. I would definitely recommend the resort.

Thanks for the review. So glad you had a great stay! Isn't it wild that even when full the resort never feels crowded? We love that!!

So I need help. 274 pages is a lot of good information to filter though. I'm able to start online check in and can't decide which village to request. I'm looking at Martinique and Barbados. I think I've read the Martinique is the Preferred village. I have Water/Pool view room reservations. Which village would you recommend?

So I need help. 274 pages is a lot of good information to filter though. I'm able to start online check in and can't decide which village to request. I'm looking at Martinique and Barbados. I think I've read the Martinique is the Preferred village. I have Water/Pool view room reservations. Which village would you recommend?

Since you have a Water View booked you can request ANY building as there are Water View rooms in EVERY building. So if it was me, I would request Trinidad North and Martinique. Any one of those would get you within a 1-3 minute walk over to OPR and the Main Feature Pool.

Since you have a Water View booked you can request ANY building as there are Water View rooms in EVERY building. So if it was me, I would request Trinidad North and Martinique. Any one of those would get you within a 1-3 minute walk over to OPR and the Main Feature Pool.
Got it! I couldn't decide between Martinique, Barbados or Trinidad North. Thank you!

I just rearranged our week so we could go to the taping of the Christmas parade on the 13th. I'm so excited to finally be able to check this off my bucket list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter