• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are booked for a water or pool view deluxe studio 2/25-3/3! Our favorite time of year to go as all five of us LOVE F&G. Slightly nervous that the gondola construction will interfere with our favorite reason for staying at BWV, the IG entrance, but crossing our fingers!

We checked in yesterday and I just wanted to let everyone know that the construction was pretty terrible... The entire front entrance to the hotel was closed off so we were dropped off at the conference center by the Magical Express with all of our luggage and we walked to the lobby. They were jackhammering around the front entrance of the resort for most of the day until 4 p.m. ... Not sure what they were doing but the entrance was not accessible yesterday. We also got a phone call with a message saying that they would be testing fire alarms tomorrow between 11 and 4 p.m.

We checked out yesterday. They are resurfacing the entrance driveway. We were impressed by how quickly they were working and the nice job that was being done. We were wishing they'd come fix our Michigan roads! We were picked up for Tragical Depress back to the airport at the conference center and I actually liked the pick up over there -- less traffic and more organized that we've had at the main entrance. The jackhammering was loud. It was occurring on our last two days there. It did not interfere with our enjoyment of the resort.

We checked out yesterday. They are resurfacing the entrance driveway. We were impressed by how quickly they were working and the nice job that was being done. We were wishing they'd come fix our Michigan roads! We were picked up for Tragical Depress back to the airport at the conference center and I actually liked the pick up over there -- less traffic and more organized that we've had at the main entrance. The jackhammering was loud. It was occurring on our last two days there. It did not interfere with our enjoyment of the resort.
Did you find out when the construction might be over by chance? I'm staying there for the first time in 2 weeks, and it would be nice to be greeted by the main entrance/lobby.

We checked in yesterday and I just wanted to let everyone know that the construction was pretty terrible... The entire front entrance to the hotel was closed off so we were dropped off at the conference center by the Magical Express with all of our luggage and we walked to the lobby. They were jackhammering around the front entrance of the resort for most of the day until 4 p.m. ... Not sure what they were doing but the entrance was not accessible yesterday. We also got a phone call with a message saying that they would be testing fire alarms tomorrow between 11 and 4 p.m.
Is there a reliable source for how long this construction is going to take? We are staying Aug 17 to 22 and received the construction letter but I didn't pay it any attention based on previous posts regarding the minimal impact of the construction work. One of the reason this would be a concern for us is my DH is going to join us for the last 3 days of the vacation. He is not a Disney guy so is opting to not get tickets and is looking forward to an early morning run, and pool and balcony time relaxing. I am working on the assumption that they are not planning on jack hammer for the next 3 months (let's hope) but would like to know how we can find out the extent of the construction work prior to the trip so we can make sure we have appropriate expectations. Changing resorts is not an option as we booked a standard view magical vacation deal. We've stayed at other Disney resorts during construction and it's never been an issue for us but with DH planning being "resort guy" it would be nice to have a full picture of the work being done.

Did you find out when the construction might be over by chance? I'm staying there for the first time in 2 weeks, and it would be nice to be greeted by the main entrance/lobby.

I didn't ask that question specifically. It looked to me like they would get the resurfacing wrapped up in a couple of days. I think the work started on Monday; we checked out on Tuesday. We were in room 5303, so overlooked the entrance. We could hear the jack-hammering from our room on Monday when we came back to the resort for a mid-day swim. We hung out at the quiet pool on the BWI side and it was quiet there.

As for being greeted, the greeters are still there. For those dropped off at the Conference Center, CMs are there to greet you and they also have luggage carts to take bags. They'd walk people to the main entrance.

We are staying December 9th to 13th and cannot find any information on when the refurbishment will be over. Any ideas if it will be over by December anyone?

DVC guests are being moved from their Boardwalk View rooms for some type of maintenance.

:earsboy: Bill

Odd, we have been over that way and not seen anything but power washing the decks.

how long of a walk is it Epcot?

I guess it depends where your room is and how fast you walk. We were on the Inn side and it took less than 10 minutes to get to International Gateway. We were able to walk to DHS in 15-20.

Please forgive me for not reading this entire thread, I skimmed intro, I haven't stayed BW since 2000. I booked SV CL room and would like to know if any SV is better then another. I'd love a glimpse of YC/BC, boat docks, or maybe catch fireworks from our balcony? Can use a daybed, but is not a necessity. I understand if I request a room it is just a request, not a guarantee. Wondering who has preferences and what they are. Are any rooms near service elevators to be avoided? Thanks for all your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter