• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

33 days till we are back at WDW staying at BWI! It's been so long! We want to request a room so I've been looking at the views/posted on the early pages. We are water view & prefer facing the Boardwal vs. the EP side water. But we'd like a balcony that is not recessed. Last time the vuew would have been great but we had a recessed balcony that blocked a lot of the view. Can anyone give a recommendation for a BW view, not a recessed balcony? Thx

33 days till we are back at WDW staying at BWI! It's been so long! We want to request a room so I've been looking at the views/posted on the early pages. We are water view & prefer facing the Boardwal vs. the EP side water. But we'd like a balcony that is not recessed. Last time the vuew would have been great but we had a recessed balcony that blocked a lot of the view. Can anyone give a recommendation for a BW view, not a recessed balcony? Thx

How about requesting "BW view, not a recessed balcony"? :) sometimes being simple/explicit about what you're looking for makes it easiest for the room assigner to know what to try to get. Good luck!

Looking forward to my first BWI stay July 18-28, 2015! After a string of (admittedly fabulous) value and moderate resort stays, back to a deluxe this summer. Still trying to balance out the cost/value equation, thought I needed to taste the deluxe again - consider it an investment in scientific research. LOL.

We're at 91 days out but already SO excited. We've never stayed at the BWVs before and we're looking forward to a fantastic vacation based on all the great reviews on here! So glad I found these boards :)

Off topic for this thread, but I'm sure you're enthused and excited about the news? :rolleyes1
Why, of course:rolleyes2…First the pool, now this, for the next 1.5 years potentially. But, on the bright side, they're adding some new amenities. As an owner, how do you feel about adding more DVC?

Hi all! I just found this thread, as I am seriously thinking about staying at the Boardwalk next year.It will probably be me, and my adult nephew and niece, so I'm thinking a studio would work just fine. I must admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed. There looks like there is a lot to learn!

First question: Would someone tell me, or point me to a post, that explains the different views and how to go about picking a location to try and request?
Welcome to the thread! There are links in the BWV chapter to a ROOM FINDER and the BWI views are explained in the ROOM chapter of the thread, POST 2. POST 3 also covers all BWI views.

Staying at the BWI for the first time 11/14-11/21, I can't wait! :flower1:
WOOHOO for booking and I'll log your dates in the BoardWalk Bulletin.

Looking forward to my first BWI stay July 18-28, 2015! After a string of (admittedly fabulous) value and moderate resort stays, back to a deluxe this summer. Still trying to balance out the cost/value equation, thought I needed to taste the deluxe again - consider it an investment in scientific research. LOL.
Howdy, from a former Hoosier. As scientific research, could this be considered a write-off? You could post a fancy schmancy chart somewhere that could prove your hypothesis that increased spending = increased enjoyment.

Single digit dance! Just 9 days until we arrive at BWV again! :banana:

Even less now! Happy packing.

We're at 91 days out but already SO excited. We've never stayed at the BWVs before and we're looking forward to a fantastic vacation based on all the great reviews on here! So glad I found these boards :)

It's never too early to get excited about a WDW vacation - happy planning:)

Is there a hot tub near the quiet pool on the Boardwalk Inn side?
Yes! More photos HERE in the POOL chapter.

IMG_1825.jpg

We just returned from a fabulous stay at BWV. While we didn't receive a renovated room (#4059), our view was just what we requested--higher floor overlooking Village Green. This is our first stay at BWV (although we have stayed on the Inn side over the years). We were very happy with our decision to stay at BWV and found we really didn't mind the lack of "full service" housekeeping because the spaciousness of the Deluxe Studio was worth it.

We are eagerly anticipating our return for F&W. :yay::cheer2:

Thought I would share some photos of our room at BWV--while not a renovated room--we liked it.

Florida%202015%2038_zpswf2ftetf.jpg

Room 4059 - BWV

Florida%202015%2039_zpsdwn1kf8h.jpg

Florida%202015%2040_zpsfojcejyb.jpg

Florida%202015%2041_zpsnpbjrfoh.jpg

Florida%202015%2042_zpsgnhp3qw1.jpg

The view from our balcony was nice and we could see the high fireworks from Illuminations. :love:

Not sure why I didn't take a photo of the vanity area--actually thought I did, but apparently not. :confused3

Thought I would share some photos of our room at BWV--while not a renovated room--we liked it.

Florida%202015%2038_zpswf2ftetf.jpg

Room 4059 - BWV

Florida%202015%2039_zpsdwn1kf8h.jpg

Florida%202015%2040_zpsfojcejyb.jpg

Florida%202015%2041_zpsnpbjrfoh.jpg

Florida%202015%2042_zpsgnhp3qw1.jpg

The view from our balcony was nice and we could see the high fireworks from Illuminations. :love:

Not sure why I didn't take a photo of the vanity area--actually thought I did, but apparently not. :confused3
Great pictures! We stayed in studio 5055 last year with a similar view. Hope we get the Village Green again this time!

We just returned from a fabulous stay at BWV. While we didn't receive a renovated room (#4059), our view was just what we requested--higher floor overlooking Village Green. This is our first stay at BWV (although we have stayed on the Inn side over the years). We were very happy with our decision to stay at BWV and found we really didn't mind the lack of "full service" housekeeping because the spaciousness of the Deluxe Studio was worth it.

We are eagerly anticipating our return for F&W. :yay::cheer2:

You mentioned that you didn't get "full-service" mousekeeping. Is this bc you're a DVC member? Were you a regular hotel guest? I assumed regular guests received mousekeeping daily (as we did when we stayed at the BLT). Could you let me know bc we're staying at the BWV in the Summer and want to make sure. Thanks :-)

You mentioned that you didn't get "full-service" mousekeeping. Is this bc you're a DVC member? Were you a regular hotel guest? I assumed regular guests received mousekeeping daily (as we did when we stayed at the BLT). Could you let me know bc we're staying at the BWV in the Summer and want to make sure. Thanks :-)

If Tess isn't a DVC member, she likely rented points from a DVC member. If you are reserving through Disney, you will receive housekeeping just like if you were staying at BWI. We've stayed at BWV a few times, through Disney, and had excellent housekeeping. No worries!

Upon checking in, are there luggage carts for our own use or do we have to use the bellhops? We've never stayed deluxe at Disney before. I actually prefer to do it myself.

:wave2:Hi! Could I please be added to the bulletin. We'll be there 7-22 to 7-26 followed by 4 nights at VWL celebrating my 2 daughters graduations.

This will be our 6th trip to the BWI. We love it there. Can't wait to be back.:dance3:

Thanks!

28 days until our first stay at BWI! :-) If you have stayed CL at BWI recently, did you receive a welcome gift in your room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter