Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thinking about a Deluxe Studio BW booking for first week in December, and from what I have read in the above posts, it seems that the reburb is coming right along. Because I use a scooter, I would really like the top floor for elevator loading challenges of boarding.

I've stayed on the Inn side a few times, and the elevator situation for scooters is a real hassle of having to take two to get to the upper floors, so thinking this would be a better choice.

Would love to hear more about the refurb progress, and any other tips for a solo traveler.

Thanks!!
The entire BW view wing (BW view and P/G view villas there) is finished and open, and they’ve been working on the other wing for some time now. Even though the BW view wing was delayed and it seems like there are delays where they’re working now, I expect they’ll be completely finished long before December.

I don’t know whether you’re planning to book through Disney or rent a reservation from an owner. In any case just request Top Floor (or High Floor) and nothing else, in order to have the best chance of having your request met.

The entire BW view wing (BW view and P/G view villas there) is finished and open, and they’ve been working on the other wing for some time now. Even though the BW view wing was delayed and it seems like there are delays where they’re working now, I expect they’ll be completely finished long before December.

I don’t know whether you’re planning to book through Disney or rent a reservation from an owner. In any case just request Top Floor (or High Floor) and nothing else, in order to have the best chance of having your request met.
Thank you! I will be doing cash for this trip, and am hoping for the highest floor. Love sitting and just watching people and boats while sipping morning coffee or evening beverages! Thanks again.

I did notice on the check in options that they don't give you an option for room requests, so I'm thinking that I will have to call? Is there a specific phone # I should use? I have always done the Touring Plans room request, but that was for regular resort rooms, not the villas...

Thank you! I will be doing cash for this trip, and am hoping for the highest floor. Love sitting and just watching people and boats while sipping morning coffee or evening beverages! Thanks again.

I did notice on the check in options that they don't give you an option for room requests, so I'm thinking that I will have to call? Is there a specific phone # I should use? I have always done the Touring Plans room request, but that was for regular resort rooms, not the villas...
To watch boats, you can book Boardwalk view (which I've heard is difficult to book from Disney with cash, as they mostly go to owners), which will automatically give you a view of the Friendship boats traveling around Crescent Lake, or P/G (might be called "Preferred") view, which might give a view of them on the canal going to DHS depending on where your villa is (some look in toward the swimming pools more than others do). See map here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf.

I'd request "Highest Floor" as your #1, with "Water View" as secondary.

For a cash reservation, you can use TP to submit your request, or you can call the Disney resort reservation phone number. No matter which you do, if an option for requests does come up during online checkin, leave it blank, because entering anything there overwrites your TP or telephone request.

This still looks so weird where it is. I've been to one of the Cake Bake Shops in Indianapolis. The aura they have in there just doesn't feel like BWI to me. It feels way more posh.
Like. :-)

I think a lot of other options would work at better BWV. But I will just be glad to have that storefront open again.

For fun...I'll put this out there: What would you rather see at BW than CBS? (Wrong answers only.)

I'll go first:

✨ A Chuck E. Cheese, complete with animatronic Disney characters who've decided to pursue a career in rock music instead of acting. They'd perform classic Disney tunes with a rock twist, and instead of pizza, they'd serve Mickey-shaped pretzels, churros, soda and beer for the adults. Imagine Goofy on the drums, Donald shredding the guitar, and Mickey as the front mouse, belting out "Let It Go" with a raspy voice. ✨

Like. :-)

I think a lot of other options would work at better BWV. But I will just be glad to have that storefront open again.

For fun...I'll put this out there: What would you rather see at BW than CBS? (Wrong answers only.)

I'll go first:

✨ A Chuck E. Cheese, complete with animatronic Disney characters who've decided to pursue a career in rock music instead of acting. They'd perform classic Disney tunes with a rock twist, and instead of pizza, they'd serve Mickey-shaped pretzels, churros, soda and beer for the adults. Imagine Goofy on the drums, Donald shredding the guitar, and Mickey as the front mouse, belting out "Let It Go" with a raspy voice. ✨
I’ll play. I would say Sonic Drive-in but a walk-in version. However, I would rather have that. Maybe Johnny Rockets, but again, I think I would prefer it. I know these are similar to Beaches & Cream, but you can’t get in there without an ADR. Plus, I don’t think the food at B&C is very good. Oooh, how about Casa Bonita!!!!

I was able to secure a room reservation for Studio Boardwalk view for February 2025. we have been to BWV once in 2023 and absolutely loved it, but at that time we got the standard view. We got the boardwalk view this time and we can't wait.

Just wanted to share the news!

I was able to secure a room reservation for Studio Boardwalk view for February 2025. we have been to BWV once in 2023 and absolutely loved it, but at that time we got the standard view. We got the boardwalk view this time and we can't wait.

Just wanted to share the news!
Congratulations! Boardwalk view is my favorite view anywhere on property!

Disney’s BoardWalk Friendship Boat Dock Refurbished

Crews have recently refurbished the dock at Disney’s BoardWalk in Walt Disney World. The dock serves watercraft traveling from EPCOTand other nearby destinations.

BoardWalk Dock Refurbishment

Crew member on boat at end of BoardWalk dock

When we took a Friendship boat from EPCOT to Disney’s BoardWalk on March 13, several crew members were on the dock. One was arranging planks of wood on a work boat.

WDW BoardWalk Dock Refurbishment 03.13.2024 0128

Crews had clearly replaced most of the planks of the wood that make up the dock. Notice that some of the short planks next to a wooden post and planks under the railing are a different color from the fresh wood around them.

BoardWalk dock with construction wall

While crew members finished work, a construction wall was up down the center of the dock. Crew members were on the opposite side from guests and Friendship boats.

Crew members on BoardWalk dock

We weren’t sure what the crew members were doing when we arrived. They may have just been packing up construction materials.

BoardWalk dock construction

A big orange toolbox was behind the construction walls. There were three crew members on site Wednesday morning.

WDW BoardWalk Dock Refurbishment 03.13.2024 0140

Can anyone please confirm if they still have boxes of Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran for sale in the Screen Door store at Boardwalk? Or otherwise in Beach Club Market Place? We're heading to Yacht Club in May and usually pick up a couple of these. I'm travelling from the UK so can't really pack them, and don't want to do a grocery delivery just for cereal! It looks like the Frosted Flakes are missing from the latest DVC grocery order forms, so I was worried the stores won't have them either. Thanks to anyone who might be able to check and confirm for me.
:thanks:

Can anyone please confirm if they still have boxes of Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran for sale in the Screen Door store at Boardwalk? Or otherwise in Beach Club Market Place? We're heading to Yacht Club in May and usually pick up a couple of these. I'm travelling from the UK so can't really pack them, and don't want to do a grocery delivery just for cereal! It looks like the Frosted Flakes are missing from the latest DVC grocery order forms, so I was worried the stores won't have them either. Thanks to anyone who might be able to check and confirm for me.
:thanks:

last time I was there 1 year ago I only saw Frosted flakes.

last time I was there 1 year ago I only saw Frosted flakes.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was there last May and they definitely had both then. Has anyone else seen these recently? One child likes Frosted Flakes & the other likes Raisin Bran, so it will keep them both happy if can get a box of each!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was there last May and they definitely had both then. Has anyone else seen these recently? One child likes Frosted Flakes & the other likes Raisin Bran, so it will keep them both happy if can get a box of each!
problem is you can't never guarantee those things, they can get out of stock, etc..

I would come up with a plan B. If I were you, I would just place an order at Walmart delivery and have them delivered to the resort.

Last edited:
problem is you can't never guarantee those things, they can get our of stock, etc..

I would come up with a plan B. If I were you, I would just place an order at Walmart delivery and have them deliver to the resort.
Wise words, this is so true. A delivery will definitely be my plan B. Thanks again

Does anyone know the number of garden view rooms (Inn side) that have the 5th sleeper? Going in May and wondering the chances of getting it. It's a request on the reservation for our 4 adults, but really hoping it comes through so curious what our chances might be.

Does anyone know the number of garden view rooms (Inn side) that have the 5th sleeper? Going in May and wondering the chances of getting it. It's a request on the reservation for our 4 adults, but really hoping it comes through so curious what our chances might be.
My understanding is almost all of them have it, with just a few without. At least that is what I am hoping for as we need one but only have 4 people booked.

We were there for 8 days. Turned on the TV …zero times 🤣 This was with 4 adults and a 10 year old. If we were in the room, we were napping, sleeping, or on devices (iPhone, iPad. Switch)
The insomnia struggle is real, through the Roku I can watch TV with my headphones so I don’t disturb my better half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter