Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I've only ever made a room request once and I had called and had it noted but I was thinking of trying the fax request that I keep seeing on these boards. Do I fax the resort directly and what number do I use....and how soon?

We are booked BWI standard room club level. We've never stayed at rhe BW before. We requested inside the innkeepers doors. Is that a request that can usually be accommodated?

We are booked BWI standard room club level. We've never stayed at rhe BW before. We requested inside the innkeepers doors. Is that a request that can usually be accommodated?
When we stay at the BWI CL that is my one and only request. We have gotten it every time, but the addition of about a dozen standard rooms outside of the innkeepers doors only happened a year or so ago. Have a great trip!

When we stay at the BWI CL that is my one and only request. We have gotten it every time, but the addition of about a dozen standard rooms outside of the innkeepers doors only happened a year or so ago. Have a great trip!
Thank you...keeping my fingers crossed

Am I correct in my thinking that BWI does not have any kind of "marketplace?" Such as an area with refrigerated items, quick meals, etc.? Maybe a place to get hot water for tea? Use of a microwave?

Am I correct in my thinking that BWI does not have any kind of "marketplace?" Such as an area with refrigerated items, quick meals, etc.? Maybe a place to get hot water for tea? Use of a microwave?

The Boardwalk Bakery is a quick meal place. There are some refrigerated items there and hot water is also available. I can't recall if there is a microwave there. Also, the Screen Door has a small variety of grocery type items. Soda, beer, frozen dinners, etc. It is there primarily for the convenience of the BWV guests, but anyone can make purchases there.

My BFF and I just booked a standard room at Boardwalk for our Wine & Dine half weekend 11/1-7. We are very excited to try a new resort!

As far as not having a QS right there in the resort per se, will the bakery be open or screen door early in the morning? Normally we will make a cup of tea before getting on the bus to the race and wondering what options we will have available to us.

My BFF and I just booked a standard room at Boardwalk for our Wine & Dine half weekend 11/1-7. We are very excited to try a new resort!

As far as not having a QS right there in the resort per se, will the bakery be open or screen door early in the morning? Normally we will make a cup of tea before getting on the bus to the race and wondering what options we will have available to us.

You can make a cup of tea in your room. I've never done a Disney Run marathon, but I thought the buses did pick ups at like 3:00 a.m. I cannot imagine that the Bakery or the store will be open that early. It seems like there might be something available at the race beginning though. I'm sure someone who has done one of these races will chime in.

Does anyone know how the current parking situation is? Since they warn about limited parking and we r driving, I am a little curious.

Last edited:
You can make a cup of tea in your room. I've never done a Disney Run marathon, but I thought the buses did pick ups at like 3:00 a.m. I cannot imagine that the Bakery or the store will be open that early. It seems like there might be something available at the race beginning though. I'm sure someone who has done one of these races will chime in.

Thanks. I've done quite a few Disney races and there is something available for a cost at the race staging area. Since I only drink tea I normally just get a tea bag and make one in the cup provided in my room with the hot water from the food court. (I can't do the water through the coffee maker. It tastes like coffee. :crazy2:) I guess I'll ask around some of the runDisney boards to see if there are any options or if I'll just have to forgo the cup of tea or pay for it. I haven't used the ones at the race staging area since I normally drink mine on the bus on the way to the start.

You definitely should plan to prepare your tea in your room and perhaps carry a protein bar or something with you to eat before the race. The kiosks at the race may be fairly crowded and have limited choices. Don't count on anything being open before you board the bus at 3 am.

Thanks. I've done quite a few Disney races and there is something available for a cost at the race staging area. Since I only drink tea I normally just get a tea bag and make one in the cup provided in my room with the hot water from the food court. (I can't do the water through the coffee maker. It tastes like coffee. :crazy2:) I guess I'll ask around some of the runDisney boards to see if there are any options or if I'll just have to forgo the cup of tea or pay for it. I haven't used the ones at the race staging area since I normally drink mine on the bus on the way to the start.

I'm not certain if this is an option but you could check with housekeeping and see if they have any electric tea pots. Or purchase a small one and bring it along. There won't be any options at the resort that early in the morning afaik unless you wanted to run over to the Dolphin. Their food service at Picabo is open 24 hours I believe. Bringing a small cheap tea kettle would likely be my choice to guarantee having it.

You definitely should plan to prepare your tea in your room and perhaps carry a protein bar or something with you to eat before the race. The kiosks at the race may be fairly crowded and have limited choices. Don't count on anything being open before you board the bus at 3 am.

I will have to plan to forgo tea then as I will not drink tea made through the coffee maker. I just can't handle the taste of coffee in my tea. It's gag worthy. This isn't my first runDisney rodeo, just the first one I'm attempting at Boardwalk and I didn't realize I wouldn't have a food court option (where hot water is readily available whether they are "open" or not) as at other resorts. If I decide it's a must do I will switch resorts or utilize the option at the race start. I always pack protein bars and bagels & peanut butter or buy the runners breakfast option

I'm not certain if this is an option but you could check with housekeeping and see if they have any electric tea pots. Or purchase a small one and bring it along. There won't be any options at the resort that early in the morning afaik unless you wanted to run over to the Dolphin. Their food service at Picabo is open 24 hours I believe. Bringing a small cheap tea kettle would likely be my choice to guarantee having it.

I actually just found a little collapsible electric kettle on Amazon which might be the ticket, or worth the $20. BFF and I are discussing it now to decide what to do.

I will have to plan to forgo tea then as I will not drink tea made through the coffee maker. I just can't handle the taste of coffee in my tea. It's gag worthy. This isn't my first runDisney rodeo, just the first one I'm attempting at Boardwalk and I didn't realize I wouldn't have a food court option (where hot water is readily available whether they are "open" or not) as at other resorts. If I decide it's a must do I will switch resorts or utilize the option at the race start. I always pack protein bars and bagels & peanut butter or buy the runners breakfast option

I actually just found a little collapsible electric kettle on Amazon which might be the ticket, or worth the $20. BFF and I are discussing it now to decide what to do.

In another resort thread some people mentioned using an immersion heater. They are about $8. I've never used one but seems like a good option for you.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Norpro-Inc.-559-Immersion-Heater-Each/21782197

Check walmart....I purchased a sunbeam hot water appliance (forgot the actual name) for my daughters dorm for 9.00... fill the top with water and 30 seconds later Boiling water

Check walmart....I purchased a sunbeam hot water appliance (forgot the actual name) for my daughters dorm for 9.00... fill the top with water and 30 seconds later Boiling water

Thank you! I will check that out! Is it small? I think that's one thing I'm looking for if I need an appliance is that it is compact and easy to pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter