• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone there now and can confirm if they still have the create your own pasta dish at the food court? :D

It's no longer on the Disney site menu..

Hmmmm....that's interesting that it's not on the menu anymore. It was definitely still available 2 weeks ago when we were there. That's one of my favorite options at AoA - even though it takes a few extra minutes to prepare. I hope it's not really gone and it's just a mistake on the menu.

Hmmmm....that's interesting that it's not on the menu anymore. It was definitely still available 2 weeks ago when we were there. That's one of my favorite options at AoA - even though it takes a few extra minutes to prepare. I hope it's not really gone and it's just a mistake on the menu.
I hope so too! The create your own salad is still there but not the pasta. Or the burger, come to think of it. :sad2:

We just got back last night from five nights in a Lion King suite. Our last several trips have been at deluxe resorts, but DH couldn't go this time and the kids (13 and 17) wanted to stay at AoA. A few impressions:

1. The theming is great, and we enjoyed the extra space and the extra bathroom. Both girls found their beds to be comfortable, although DD13 was on the table bed and heard every noise outside since it is right by the door. We ended up downloading a white noise app for her phone during the trip.

2. Wifi in our room was almost nonexistent (fourth floor, building 10). It was great at the food court and in the parks, but not our room.

3. We could see the Star Wars fireworks from our room - that was awesome.

4. Food court was mixed -some CMs were more accommodating than others. DD13 is a pescetarian and wanted to try the veggie burger (which is actually a fried green tomato burger), but she doesn't like pepper jack cheese. The CM said they could make it without the cheese, but they wouldn't add another kind of cheese. But at another station, DD17 was allowed to sub cheese types on her sandwich. DD13 ordered pasta with shrimp another night and they gave it to her without shrimp. I took it back to the counter and asked for shrimp, but they added shrimp and chicken, so they had to redo it. I would have liked to see a few more vegetarian/pescetarian options for her, or have them be a little more accommodating, but she didn't go hungry.

5. The large cheese pizza for 13.99 is a steal. We were not on the dining plan, and DD17 and I split it for dinner and brought leftovers to the room for the next afternoon.

6. Buses were mostly quick leaving the resort, less so leaving the parks. Leaving Magic Kingdom at 3:00 am Sunday night/Monday morning, we shared a bus with Pop - no big deal. Leaving HS Wednesday night, three Pop buses came before one AoA bus came - the line was huge by then. Animal Kingdom buses were slow coming and going, which was suprising since AoA is not that far from AK. We may have just had bad timing, but there were generally other people waiting when we arrived at a stop, so we didn't just miss the bus repeatedly.

7. Not having stayed at a value resort before, there were some things I missed. Even though I read that the shampoo and conditioner were together, I forgot, but I also packed my own. I forgot/didn't know that there was no lotion, so we bought some. These amenities are as advertised, so it is not a complaint, but I did notice the difference in resort category. I don't really think of the suites as value rooms since they cost twice what a moderate room costs, but they are.

Overall, the layout worked very well for our group of three - typically one of my kids sleeps on an air mattress because they hate to sleep together. But we could have stayed at the Yacht Club for about the same price with the Awaken Summer promo. I'm glad we stayed here and would stay here again, but I don't know that it would necessarily be my first choice for the price.

Hello! This is my first post so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area. We are looking at staying at AoA in late november/early december this year and are wondering if this will be the best choice for our family of 5. We were "gifted" our first trip to WDW in December of 2011 and got to stay at the GF. It was amazing and we had the best time. It took us 4 more years to budget and pay for our next trip which we just took in february of this year and stayed at PO Riverside. We all liked it fine, pool was great, food was great, buses (which was a downgrade since we had the monorail last visit) were surprisingly great too. What we didn't love was the lack of space we had as a family of 5. We are planing to return in December of this year and are looking at AoA for the space. How does this compare quality-wise to PO? We won't be spending tons of time in the rooms since we will be at the parks the majority of the time, so "luxury" isn't that big of a deal. I do know Nemo suites are booked so we are either in LK or Cars. Which is better? My kids are: DD1 is 12, DD2 is 9 and DS is 4. The girls could care less if it is Lk or Cars, and would be happy with Cars for their brother, but if one is more convenient that the other, that is what we are looking for. Good proximity to the busses, food court, etc. Also, we are looking at going Nov. 27th or so and saying 6 days. Isn't this a good time for low crowd? When we went in December of 2011 we were there close to this time and it was fantastic. We like the cooler weather, so that is a plus, and the pool was still warm enough to swim. Is the pool at AoA heated?
Thanks so much everyone!!! So excited to join and get started on planing our next trip to WDW!!!

Hello! This is my first post so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area. We are looking at staying at AoA in late november/early december this year and are wondering if this will be the best choice for our family of 5. We were "gifted" our first trip to WDW in December of 2011 and got to stay at the GF. It was amazing and we had the best time. It took us 4 more years to budget and pay for our next trip which we just took in february of this year and stayed at PO Riverside. We all liked it fine, pool was great, food was great, buses (which was a downgrade since we had the monorail last visit) were surprisingly great too. What we didn't love was the lack of space we had as a family of 5. We are planing to return in December of this year and are looking at AoA for the space. How does this compare quality-wise to PO? We won't be spending tons of time in the rooms since we will be at the parks the majority of the time, so "luxury" isn't that big of a deal. I do know Nemo suites are booked so we are either in LK or Cars. Which is better? My kids are: DD1 is 12, DD2 is 9 and DS is 4. The girls could care less if it is Lk or Cars, and would be happy with Cars for their brother, but if one is more convenient that the other, that is what we are looking for. Good proximity to the busses, food court, etc. Also, we are looking at going Nov. 27th or so and saying 6 days. Isn't this a good time for low crowd? When we went in December of 2011 we were there close to this time and it was fantastic. We like the cooler weather, so that is a plus, and the pool was still warm enough to swim. Is the pool at AoA heated?
Thanks so much everyone!!! So excited to join and get started on planing our next trip to WDW!!!

Our first trip our kids were about the same ages as yours. We stayed in a Cars suite and they loved it! It was much better than our following year at POR, mainly because of the separate spaces and two bathrooms. The only thing better "quality" wise I noticed was the beds were more comfortable at POR. And it was only a minor inconvenience but when you open the sofa sleeper you have to move the little table and there isn't much room for it and the couch cushions, and when you open the wall bed you have to stack the table chairs in the corner and there isn't a lot of extra space so when all of the beds are open it's a little crowded. We happened to get lucky and were in the closest Cars building to the main building but all were significantly closer than our room at POR. We also thought the main building area was nicer and so much more fun at AOA. Everything was so bright and colorful.
I'm pretty sure the pools were heated, we went that same week two years in a row and enjoyed the weather and low(er) crowds. Hope that helps! I am starting to plan our next trip too and it is so much fun!!

Welcome to the Dis! We are in the same boat: looking for value (a bargain) and more space! I am excited abt staying at AOA Nemo in Spring because of the extra bed and bath!
I hope you get good answers!

So Landscape of Flavors has a gelato bar? Is it like a self serve jobbie where my kids can just pile a ton of crap on top of their gelato?

So Landscape of Flavors has a gelato bar? Is it like a self serve jobbie where my kids can just pile a ton of crap on top of their gelato?

No, you tell the CM what you want on it and they put it on for you.

We just got back last night from five nights in a Lion King suite. Our last several trips have been at deluxe resorts, but DH couldn't go this time and the kids (13 and 17) wanted to stay at AoA. A few impressions:

1. The theming is great, and we enjoyed the extra space and the extra bathroom. Both girls found their beds to be comfortable, although DD13 was on the table bed and heard every noise outside since it is right by the door. We ended up downloading a white noise app for her phone during the trip.

2. Wifi in our room was almost nonexistent (fourth floor, building 10). It was great at the food court and in the parks, but not our room.

3. We could see the Star Wars fireworks from our room - that was awesome.

4. Food court was mixed -some CMs were more accommodating than others. DD13 is a pescetarian and wanted to try the veggie burger (which is actually a fried green tomato burger), but she doesn't like pepper jack cheese. The CM said they could make it without the cheese, but they wouldn't add another kind of cheese. But at another station, DD17 was allowed to sub cheese types on her sandwich. DD13 ordered pasta with shrimp another night and they gave it to her without shrimp. I took it back to the counter and asked for shrimp, but they added shrimp and chicken, so they had to redo it. I would have liked to see a few more vegetarian/pescetarian options for her, or have them be a little more accommodating, but she didn't go hungry.

5. The large cheese pizza for 13.99 is a steal. We were not on the dining plan, and DD17 and I split it for dinner and brought leftovers to the room for the next afternoon.

6. Buses were mostly quick leaving the resort, less so leaving the parks. Leaving Magic Kingdom at 3:00 am Sunday night/Monday morning, we shared a bus with Pop - no big deal. Leaving HS Wednesday night, three Pop buses came before one AoA bus came - the line was huge by then. Animal Kingdom buses were slow coming and going, which was suprising since AoA is not that far from AK. We may have just had bad timing, but there were generally other people waiting when we arrived at a stop, so we didn't just miss the bus repeatedly.

7. Not having stayed at a value resort before, there were some things I missed. Even though I read that the shampoo and conditioner were together, I forgot, but I also packed my own. I forgot/didn't know that there was no lotion, so we bought some. These amenities are as advertised, so it is not a complaint, but I did notice the difference in resort category. I don't really think of the suites as value rooms since they cost twice what a moderate room costs, but they are.

Overall, the layout worked very well for our group of three - typically one of my kids sleeps on an air mattress because they hate to sleep together. But we could have stayed at the Yacht Club for about the same price with the Awaken Summer promo. I'm glad we stayed here and would stay here again, but I don't know that it would necessarily be my first choice for the price.

Ohh no.. how bad was the noise?
We are staying in the cars suite next month and my 2 yo and 4yo is going to share the table bed

We are staying in the cars suite next month and my 2 yo and 4yo is going to share the table bed

We stayed in a Cars suite (loved it!) last November and my kids (3 and 4 at the time) slept on the murphy bed next to the door. We brought a noise machine with us and it blocked out any nighttime noise. I highly recommend it!

We stayed in a Cars suite (loved it!) last November and my kids (3 and 4 at the time) slept on the murphy bed next to the door. We brought a noise machine with us and it blocked out any nighttime noise. I highly recommend it!
Thank you soo much!
Where did you get your noise machine from ? What brand etc

Thanks again

It might depend on where your room is. My 11 year old slept on the Murphy bed in our room in the Cars section in February. He didn't hear any extra noise and slept great. He loved it.

The table bed is right by the door, so they will hear anyone who is in the hallway. I requested and got fourth floor to limit the number of people who would have to walk by our room, but you could clearly hear doors closing and people talking in the hall. I offered to buy a fan, but DD was fine with a downloaded app. She sleeps with an air cleaner on at home, so she is used to some white noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter