• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Yes and yes. Cases of water are $6.69 for 24. Not sure on the Milk but it wasn't obscene.

What size bottles are the waters? When we were there last June, the price was $16 for (24) 12-oz bottles (which I thought was still a good price). Did they switch to smaller bottles of water now or did they just drop the price by $10?

And milk was $3.99 for a half gallon. Not sure if that has changed since last year or not.

ETA: Just noticed a typo -- the milk was *$2.99* for a half gallon....just in case anyone reads this.

Last edited:
What size bottles are the waters? When we were there last June, the price was $16 for (24) 12-oz bottles (which I thought was still a good price). Did they switch to smaller bottles of water now or did they just drop the price by $10?

And milk was $3.99 for a half gallon. Not sure if that has changed since last year or not.

Around November last year they made a sweeping change to the price of cases of water at the resorts. Now they're $6.69 for 24 of the 12 oz bottles.

Just booked Free Dining from 8/25 to 9/5 staying at AoA!!! Super excited, this will be the first time that we are not staying at POFQ. There will be 6 of us staying in the Cars Family Suite!!!!!!! :goofy:

We are booked for Dec 11th through the 17th, just two of us so we are in in a LM room, hoping to get a king bed. This will be our first time staying at AoA... will be interesting.... we normally stay in deluxe but are gearing up to start taking the grandchildren and though this place might be really fun for them... so this is a test run for us. We are renting a car so we can get to all the resorts easily and see the Christmas decorations... Speaking of which do they decorate for Christmas at AoA?

Regarding the bottled water, we were just there this week and paid @ $16 for 24 small Dasani bottles. The CM that was at checkout even commented on the price but said they can hardly keep them in stock.

Last edited:

Art of Animation refrigerator picture. I know know I was having a hard time finding a picture of a stocked fridge in the AOA suites. I was nervous about what to buy. Here is what we stocked in the refrigerator which was perfect for our stay. We used Garden Grocer, but don't worry about running out bc the Cafeteria has for you to purchase half gallons of milk, etc. Just at a cost of course! In the freezer section we fit 2 boxes of frozen pancakes (taken out of the boxes) and 4 Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. We took the top off to show. We saved a ton by doing this. We bought boxes of cereal (hence all of the milk) all the snacks for the week, along with drinks for us by the pool and after a long day.

View attachment 162704

I like the beer choices in that fridge...Sam Adams and Yuengling...

For those who have been in Building 5 of the Nemo rooms....

If you were in a pool view room, did you hear a lot of pool noise in the afternoon? What about at night?

If you overlooked the area where they show the movies at night (assuming they're still showing them on the grassy area between Nemo & LK), could you hear the sound from the movie in your room?

I'm trying to figure out what area/room to request. We've always stayed in a LK suite and have been at the end of the buildings closest to Animation Hall. So we've been spoiled by having a quiet area while also being very close to the food court and bus stops. This time we're staying in a Nemo suite and my husband just mentioned that he thought our LK rooms felt "far away" from the food court and bus stops. :rolleyes2 I showed him the map and told him that unless we're in the section of Building 5 closest to Animation Hall, our walk will most definitely be longer this time. He's not overly thrilled about that. I'll mention that *he* is the one who didn't want to stay in LK this time and wanted to try Nemo or Cars. I told him that all but a handful of those rooms would be a longer walk than what we're used to. And some of them would be *significantly* longer. He didn't care about that at the time -- but now it's suddenly an issue. Thankfully, we were able to get a Nemo suite because I know he'd complain about the distance of *any* of the Cars suites except maybe a few of the rooms at the end of Bldg. 1. I'm planning on using the Touring Plans room fax request to (hopefully) give us a good shot at being in Building 5, but I'm not sure *where* to request the room within that building.

I'm bringing my soon to be 80 YOA mom, my wife, and my Army son. Staying in the Lion King suites...will there be plenty of room?

Kind of an odd question, but for those familiar with the Little Mermaid standard rooms (aka the little cheap ones) how is the elevator situation? My husband will be using a EVC while there and I'm thinking requesting a ground floor room may be in our best interest.

Last edited:
Kind of an odd question, but for those familiar with the Little Mermaid standard rooms (aka the little cheap ones) how is the elevator situation? My husband will be using a EVC while there and I'm thinking requesting a ground floor room may be in our best interest.
We just returned from a stay in a LM room. We never had to wait for an elevator even though the resort seemed at capacity. Our room wasn't close to the elevator though so we did have a little bit of a walk to get to one. It looked liked there were 2 elevators per building and they were located in the middle.

We just returned from a stay in a LM room. We never had to wait for an elevator even though the resort seemed at capacity. Our room wasn't close to the elevator though so we did have a little bit of a walk to get to one. It looked liked there were 2 elevators per building and they were located in the middle.
Thank you! We're new to the EVC scene and are still figuring out how we're going to maneuver when he's on a scooter and I've got a 4 & 5 year old in the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter