• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Do any of the AOA Suites have connecting doors to the Suite next door?

My kids would love to stay here but sadly there are 7 of us in total so we would need 2 Suites
I don't think so. It would be a VERY expensive way to stay at a Value resort. Larger groups will do much better at WBC or another offsite condo or house.

I don't think so. It would be a VERY expensive way to stay at a Value resort. Larger groups will do much better at WBC or another offsite condo or house.

But offsite is not always what many want to do. I have done offsite a few times and it has to be free for me to do it anymore. Staying onsite is just so much better in my mind.
If they want 2 rooms at AoA, it's doable, just have to request to be next to each other. Actually they can do it under one reservation if their are only 2 adults. Or they can stay in 2 rooms at Pop, which would be less than 1 room at AoA. If going he 2 room route, I would probably do 2 at a Moderate personally, but it depends on the budget. But if they are 5 kids and 2 adults it is guaranteed connecting under 1 reservation.

Do any of the AOA Suites have connecting doors to the Suite next door?

My kids would love to stay here but sadly there are 7 of us in total so we would need 2 Suites

As others have said, there are no connecting suites. If they ever build another "value" resort with suites, it would be nice to have standard rooms next to some of them with a connecting door.

You don't have any kids under 3, do you? Because you could have 7 in the room if one of them is under 3.

can you sit outside your room at AoA? As in, bring your room chairs onto the outside hallway and get some fresh air? Or is there no room for someone else to pass by? It seems like having outdoor walkways instead of a balcony sorta takes care of that problem. I hope I don't sound immature but my husband and I frequently have a drink on our front steps and just talk. It would be nice if our kids went to bed and we were able to sit outdoors right next to them.

can you sit outside your room at AoA? As in, bring your room chairs onto the outside hallway and get some fresh air? Or is there no room for someone else to pass by? It seems like having outdoor walkways instead of a balcony sorta takes care of that problem. I hope I don't sound immature but my husband and I frequently have a drink on our front steps and just talk. It would be nice if our kids went to bed and we were able to sit outdoors right next to them.

The hallways are inside at AoA. At least they are in the suite buildings.

As others have said, there are no connecting suites. If they ever build another "value" resort with suites, it would be nice to have standard rooms next to some of them with a connecting door.

You don't have any kids under 3, do you? Because you could have 7 in the room if one of them is under 3.

Sadly not, 11, 9, 8, 4 and 3

You can, but there's not much room. Depending on how much foot traffic you have, you will be having people squeeze by you like you're at the movies often.

Sadly not, 11, 9, 8, 4 and 3

:sad1: Well, then I guess your options are two suites (hopefully located next to each other or across the hall from each other); or two (hopefully connecting) rooms in the Little Mermaid section or over at Pop Century. At least if you're at Pop Century you could still go over to AoA to walk around and have a meal. Another totally unrelated option would be a Cabin at Fort Wilderness. They sleep six and have a mini kitchen so you could do some meals there if you wanted to. They only have one bathroom, though.

Last edited:
I don't think you would have much room to pull your chairs outside at the Little Mermaid rooms. We stayed there last October, and I think it would be awkward for someone to try to get around you.

Wanted to stay in the LM rooms early Dec, but they seem to be completely booked, no matter what dates I play around with. Is this normal or is there any chance they are holding back rooms that might open up later? I'm trying to hold out hope.... :o

You can sort of do this depending on your location. But you have to keep in mind that your voices right outside your door will disturb the people around you.

I know this answer must appear in the last 211 pages, but I can't seem to locate it. About the washer/ dryers....coin or card? We are staying in the LM section, if that helps to answer. Thanks!

plane lands at 650 no dinner plans how is the food court? staying 3 nights here so the next night is Boathouse and then be our guest then moving to beach club

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter