• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

If course the bathroom has a door. All bathrooms have doors. The curtains in the Value room are only for the vanity area. the bathrooms have doors.

OMG Thank you! For some reason I had completely forgot the toilet/shower areas had a door! LMAO And I was at Pop Century in 2011 and Port Orleans - French Quarter in 2012 too, you think I would remember.

Well, that makes it easier and gives me more options. I was originally going by myself, as I've gone that way the last 3 times, because no one was available or wanted to come with me, so planning a trip for a group is new to me - I tend to overanalzye and worry about everything.

We will be coming to Disney in October and staying at AoA. Since we want to spend one day out of Disney, we will be renting a car. I've heard though that the parking at MK is a pain since after you park, you have to take a shuttle to the park. So for MK, is it better to take the bus or drive from AoA?

I can't say which is better (I have yet to have a rental car when staying onsite), but here's some facts/commentary:

Resorts buses to MK drop off at the MK entrance. The advantage is you're closer once you arrive. The disadvantage may be waiting for the bus to take you there, and/or a large crowd for a bus if you leave at closing.

Parking for MK is separate from the MK entrance, so once you park your vehicle you need to take the monorail or the ferry to get to MK itself. The disadvantage may be all this may take longer coming and going, however, the advantage may be you still have the flexibility of driving your own vehicle and not waiting for or being on a full bus.

The shorter answer is, I think I see more recommendations to take the resort bus to MK because it takes you directly there. But, I suspect parking and taking monorail or ferry transportation isn't as bad as it may seem.

We're in the beginning stages of planning...is AoA still not included in any of the discounts? If we stayed here it would be in a Little Mermaid standard room as DD is obsessed with Ariel. Do these rooms get the free dining or any % off offers?

We're in the beginning stages of planning...is AoA still not included in any of the discounts? If we stayed here it would be in a Little Mermaid standard room as DD is obsessed with Ariel. Do these rooms get the free dining or any % off offers?

They have been in 2012 for a few, but not since. they sell out without discounts so they don't need to discount them.

jenseib said:
They have been in 2012 for a few, but not since. they sell out without discounts so they don't need to discount them.

They say that's the reason but I don't buy it. I have been checking for rooms for a weekend stay at the end of feb and they still have rooms. Now POP almost all the rooms are sold out. Only preferred pool view is left. Hopefully soon they will release discounts. I think the hype is slowing down but also the fact of the walk. A lot of people seem to not like it.

Thanks all for your responses. We are booked in an AK suite for 2/28-3/8. DH, DW DD21 and her friend age 22 (she's a first timer). It's so exciting to bring along a first timer. I'm so excited for her.:yay::yay::yay: It's about $46 more than Old Key West with two queens, but the bathrooms and the no extra adult charges won us over.

Does anyone happen to know how deep the quiet pools are and the main pool as well? Is the main pool just a splash pool for the kids? Also, any hot tub here?:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks all for your responses. We are booked in an AK suite for 2/28-3/8. DH, DW DD21 and her friend age 22 (she's a first timer). It's so exciting to bring along a first timer. I'm so excited for her.:yay::yay::yay: It's about $46 more than Old Key West with two queens, but the bathrooms and the no extra adult charges won us over.

Does anyone happen to know how deep the quiet pools are and the main pool as well? Is the main pool just a splash pool for the kids? Also, any hot tub here?:goodvibes:goodvibes

No hot tubs at Value resorts. the main pool is the biggest pool on property, so no not a splash zone. I don't know how deep, but probably about the same as all the other pools on property. Check out the AoA picture thread. tons of pictures there of all the pools.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024335&highlight=aoa

Can anyone post the AoA recreation schedule? Trying to plan our nights for our Feb 22-28 trip. So excited!

This link currently points to the January activities in PDF format. This weekend (Feb 1-3) I expect the link to be updated with the February flier.

Not since 2012. No AP discounts, RO discounts, nada. Your best bet at scoring those rooms on a discount is to use a travel site like Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, or others.

I can't say which is better (I have yet to have a rental car when staying onsite), but here's some facts/commentary:

Resorts buses to MK drop off at the MK entrance. The advantage is you're closer once you arrive. The disadvantage may be waiting for the bus to take you there, and/or a large crowd for a bus if you leave at closing.

Parking for MK is separate from the MK entrance, so once you park your vehicle you need to take the monorail or the ferry to get to MK itself. The disadvantage may be all this may take longer coming and going, however, the advantage may be you still have the flexibility of driving your own vehicle and not waiting for or being on a full bus.

The shorter answer is, I think I see more recommendations to take the resort bus to MK because it takes you directly there. But, I suspect parking and taking monorail or ferry transportation isn't as bad as it may seem.

Thanks for this, as I was wondering the same thing. We will have a car. The only early morning thing we have planned is an 8.15am appointment at BBB and I'm panicking about getting to MK for that time! Might just drive to at least feel slighty more in control haha.

When looking at resort map parking lot looks like quite a hike to many of the family suites is it as bad as map makes it look?

Nope, those sites won't either.

You sure? Last year I got a stay at AoA LM rooms for $533 for 5 nights, versus Disney's $659.

EDIT for Question: Should I do online check-in for my room? I've never done this before. Landing on a Monday around 1PM, so I'm wondering how that'll factor into waiting and stuff at check-in desks. And if I do online check-in, can I request then for a room in a specific location? I know they make no promises to honor it, and I'm the type who if I want something I like to ask in person, not over the computer. >.<

We got a discount using the expedia mobile app. We got $25 off on one night using MOBILE25.

You sure? Last year I got a stay at AoA LM rooms for $533 for 5 nights, versus Disney's $659.

EDIT for Question: Should I do online check-in for my room? I've never done this before. Landing on a Monday around 1PM, so I'm wondering how that'll factor into waiting and stuff at check-in desks. And if I do online check-in, can I request then for a room in a specific location? I know they make no promises to honor it, and I'm the type who if I want something I like to ask in person, not over the computer. >.<

It's very rare. mostly due to the fact the rooms are usually sold out. Always do check the price against disney's too, as I have found what sounds like a "sale" on those sites will actually be cheaper on Disney. Not always, but many times. sometimes it's the tax that makes the difference.

When looking at resort map parking lot looks like quite a hike to many of the family suites is it as bad as map makes it look?

No, all the family suites buildings (Lion King, Nemo, Cars) are fairly close to the main building. Room location will have an effect of course, but generally it's not considered "a hike" from those sections.

The Little Mermaid section of standard rooms does have varying opinions on what the walk can be like. It's not really a hike, but relative to the other sections it's just not as close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter