Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Going to AOA for the first time in Aug staying in lion king suite... Question on the buses? It looks like each park has it's own line. Does that help with it being more orderly? I'm used to the bus stop at CSR by the lobby which ends up kind of being a free for all with people always walking up and pushing their way toward the door of the bus.

Yes each park has a line and there are chains set up to make a line. And a section for wheelchairs or scooters to wait.

Hi my family and I will be staying at the finding Memo suit in October , I will be staying their with my 3 childrens , my 7 year old is legally blind , any suggestion on where to say in the finding memo suit , to be close to everything?? Thanks:upsidedow

I was about to log into the website today to book our upcoming vacation at AoA when I saw a tweet from WDW News Today that stated (and included a pic) that the food court at AoA is closed for refurbishments. I saw somewhere else online that the Cars area is under construction. But I can't find any concrete details about either topic.

Does anyone know anything about this or have a timeline for the refurb? I don't want to book a Cars suite only to get there and find out that all the Cars characters are missing. Or that we won't have access to a food court.

A portion of the food court closed yesterday (it was just closed when we woke up today). It's just the seating area, but it's a rather large section. They are retiling and said it would take 2-3 days. It looks like they did the back portion already, but they probably have 1-2 sections left to do after this one. I would imagine all will be done in the next few weeks. All food stations are open for food, and it's really no big deal.

We are in Cars now. There is no construction going on as far as I know.

Thank you!

This pic in the tweet I saw looked so empty and grim that I had visions of a major rehab taking place. So relieved to hear that it's just a minor blip - my planning can re-commence!

How far is the Cars suites from the lobby? I was booked for Nemo suites, but with free dining I had to switch to the Cars suites. Up until now everything I was looking into was for Nemo. Anyone stay in the Cars suites that can give me a little info. Thanks

How far is the Cars suites from the lobby? I was booked for Nemo suites, but with free dining I had to switch to the Cars suites. Up until now everything I was looking into was for Nemo. Anyone stay in the Cars suites that can give me a little info. Thanks

The three suite sections - Nemo, Cars, and Lion King - are all adjacent to Animation Hall so you're really talking about a short walk between any of the sections and the lobby.

Within the Cars section, buildings 1 and 3 are slightly closer than building 2, if that makes a difference for you.

I'm disappointed that the AOA suites weren't available for my November trip. What a bummer. Hope everyone who was able to get FD enjoys!

Really bummed too. My TA assured me that the AoA suites wouldn't sell out. We stayed in a Cars suite with free dining last Nov, and we had booked the LK suite for this November, hoping for FD.

Now we will have to find another place to stay, which will cost more and will be smaller.

Major bummer for us.

:sad1:

Really bummed too. My TA assured me that the AoA suites wouldn't sell out. We stayed in a Cars suite with free dining last Nov, and we had booked the LK suite for this November, hoping for FD.

Now we will have to find another place to stay, which will cost more and will be smaller.

Major bummer for us.

:sad1:

Not necessarily cost more. I priced out Animal Kingdom Lodge as our back up in case Cars was full for our dates and it was only $60 more than AoA but you are also getting regular dining instead of quick service, so technically that made AKL cheaper.

We were able to switch our reservation over from a PIN to FD today. We lost our $400 savings from the PIN but the FD savings was $1100 so really we are still $700 better off than we would've been with the PIN. Yea!

I couldn't get FD yesterday on a suite at AoA, but I checked the website this morning - more out of habit than hope - and a package with a Cars suite was available. Which was exactly what we wanted, as my little guy isn't going to appreciate anything a more posh resort has to offer but he will be ALL ABOUT Lightning McQueen.

So if you missed out yesterday - keep checking!

The agent I talked to on the phone yesterday said things would change a lot over the next week and that checking back was probably a good thing to do.

Hi All, I just did online check-in and I selected my preferences for being close to the bus stop and being on the ground floor. We are stayin in a cars family suite. I'm wondering if maybe selecting the ground floor was a bad idea because of walk thru traffic and suites that would be above us? Does anyone have any opinion on this one? I thought it would be easier since we have a 2yr and it would be easier to get in and out of the suite being on the 1st floor. Let me know your thoughts, thanks so much!

Hi All, I just did online check-in and I selected my preferences for being close to the bus stop and being on the ground floor. We are stayin in a cars family suite. I'm wondering if maybe selecting the ground floor was a bad idea because of walk thru traffic and suites that would be above us? Does anyone have any opinion on this one? I thought it would be easier since we have a 2yr and it would be easier to get in and out of the suite being on the 1st floor. Let me know your thoughts, thanks so much!

I always prefer ground floor rooms at the value resorts, with one factor being ease of getting in and out when using a stroller. So my opinion is you made a good request. :goodvibes

There's not really walk-thru traffic in the AoA buildings. There's nothing in them--no lobby per se--just the elevators in the center. So only folks on your hall would walk by your room, just like the other floors. There was never any wait for an elevator when we were there, though, so the only real difference would be the view IMO. I was ALL about seeing the cones!! HA. I LOVE 50's kitsch :)

I originally planned to book POR during FD, but when we found out that was not included, we decided on AofA. I had picked out the POR building and floor level, and had a copy of the recommended letter and fax number handy for when it got closer to travel time. I obviously don't need any of that anymore, so I'm wondering if AofA does something similar.
When we booked AofA, we originally wanted the Nemo suites b/c it looked closest to the buses/food court. It wasn't available, so we are at the Lion King suites. I would still like to be closer to the food court/buses, and would prefer a ground floor room. Is there a fax number for AofA like POR has that I can make requests regarding which wing of the building and ground floor? When is it recommended to send in a note or call and make a request?

Thanks!
Christy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter