Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from our week in a Lion King suite (second time we've stayed there) and had a fabulous week. I did online check-in and got both of our requests (upper floor, close to transportation). I got a text around 10:10 a.m. on check-in day with our room number. We had planned to arrive around 11:30 that morning but an accident on I-4 changed those plans and we were stuck in traffic for nearly an hour (the accident happened about a 1/2 mile in front of us so there was no way to detour). Since we arrived much later than expected, it was nice to just go directly to our room and not have to go to the front desk first. We were very happy with everything at the resort -- food was great, food court wasn't crowded when we ate there and food was prepared quickly, bus service was awesome -- usually less than a 5 minute wait when taking a bus from AoA to the parks and many times there was a bus there waiting as we walked up to the stop.

One thing I wanted to mention as I know it comes up occasionally on these boards is that AoA now allows you to have up to $1,000 in room charges before charging your credit card. I went to the front desk to apply a few gift cards on the second day of our stay and after applying the cards (only about $75 worth) the CM asked me if I wanted to clear the balance (by charging it to my credit card on file) so I said, "Yeah, I guess I should -- I'm probably getting close to that $500 limit." That's when the CM told me that it's a $1,000 limit but they try to put the charges through at about $800-$900 so that guests always have plenty of open credit on their room charges. I asked her when that limit changed (I know it was $500 when I was there in 2013 and have seen other people mention that it was still $500 fairly recently.) The CM said she had only been working there for 4 weeks, but it had been $1,000 since she started. When I got my final itemized bill, they had charged my credit card on file two other times last week. Once on Thursday for ~$800 and then again on Sunday (check-out day) for ~$300. So it does appear that the limit at AoA is now $1,000. I don't know if that's true for *all* value resorts or only for AoA because of the suites. I also don't know if the moderate deluxe resorts also increased their limits.

Last fall when we stayed in a suite, our limit was $1000. Does anyone know if maybe suites are $1000 and mermaid rooms are $500? Curious because we have another trip booked this fall in standard rooms.

The limit was $500 in December of 2013 so it must me a newish thing. You can also stop at the front desk and ask for your limit to be raised for a day. This is particularly useful if you know you'll be shopping a lot that day!

Here ya go!!! Hope this helps.

Hi @goofy4tink I just booked my first ever stay at AoA for next June (yes I plan ahead) can you tell me what building you were in and what floor? I am new to AoA, I have never stayed there before. It is just two of us BUT we will have alot of gear so I was hoping to get a king room so that we can have room (the reason for the gear is we are members of the 501st and we come from out of state with our costumes to march in the SWW parades).

Any tips would be most helpful!

Greeting Folks,

I just started lurking on this thread... We have been to WDW a time or two :D but never stayed at a value resort for AoA, but we thought we'd give it a shot, a lot of people we have talked to say they love it and it's a good bang for your buck! I have booked us a Standard Little Mermaid room for June 2016 for our return to Star Wars Weekends. We are members of the 501st from out of state and come to WDW during SWW to march in the Star Wars Motorcade at DHS. We are driving down because of the gear we travel with so we will not be using the bus service. We are what people call "Park Commandos" we get to the parks before rope drop on days we are not marching and we don't stop until the park closes. Heck, even on days we do march we get there for check in, march, go back to the resort, shower and change then go out to the parks until they close.

We would love to get a king size bed so we have room for our gear and we normally sleep on a queen at home so we are worried that a double might be too small for us.

Also we were wondering what time does the food court open, with our go, go schedule we weren't even sure it would be open in time for us to eat before we head out.

Any tips trips or suggestions on how to make our stay at AoA better would be most helpful! :listen:

Thanks in advance!

The limit was $500 in December of 2013 so it must me a newish thing. You can also stop at the front desk and ask for your limit to be raised for a day. This is particularly useful if you know you'll be shopping a lot that day!

I didn't realize they put a limit on charging to your room, I rarely do it, I like to make sure my charges go on my Disney visa to get more points :)

I didn't realize they put a limit on charging to your room, I rarely do it, I like to make sure my charges go on my Disney visa to get more points :)

You can just link your Disney Visa to your room and use your magic band to make all of your charges on property. You still get the points because the room charges end up on your Visa.

What does that mean???

Every Year around the middle of May Star Wars Weekends Event begins at Disney Hollywood Studios. The SWW event lasts 4 to 5 weeks, schedule changes every year. The 501st is the only costuming group in the world that Disney invites to WDW to participate in events. I and my Fiance (will be my husband when we arrive in June 2016) are members of the 501st, we in fact just returned from WDW and marched in this years 2015 SWW Event.

SWW Event Website : https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-weekend/

The 501st - Vader's Fits Website : http://www.501st.com/

For the person who asked, we booked a room only reservation for November and the discount was 15%. When I first booked, a Cars Suite was not available for our days with a discount, only the generic "family suite". The Cars Suite is why we were staying there so we booked at rack rate. A little over a week later, I got a new email with a discount code and Cars Suite was available for our days. For us with a picky eater we now have to pay for, free dining isn't worth it. Plus we are only staying two nights as part of a longer Florida vacation.

I am a deluxe snob since I started staying onsite and never thought I would be excited for anywhere but the WL or Poly, but I am so excited for AoA. I can't wait to see my DDs face when she sees everything in person and sleeps in the "Mater table that turns into a bed". Cars is one of my favorite movies and since we can't get to DL yet, this will have to do!

I haven't made any room requests since our stay is so short. I have stayed at CBR and POR and didn't think the walks there (from Jamaica and Partree) were bad at all. Is CBRs Jamaica to food court walk comparable to AoA in a far building?

We stayed at AoA in a Nemo suite in 2013 and we loved the resort. For our trip next year, it's just going to be me and my daughter so we booked a room in the Little Mermaid section.

So how far of a walk is it from the LM part of the resort to the main building with the buses / dining?

Just curious - I'm not going to change resorts because my daughter is so excited for AoA again.

Last fall when we stayed in a suite, our limit was $1000. Does anyone know if maybe suites are $1000 and mermaid rooms are $500? Curious because we have another trip booked this fall in standard rooms.

The first week in June our limit was $500. I was a little surprised it was so low, as we have stayed in a family suite there before, but other than that our family hasn't stayed in a value. They just charged our card when we hit $500 so it wasn't a big deal.

Greeting Folks,

I just started lurking on this thread... We have been to WDW a time or two :D but never stayed at a value resort for AoA, but we thought we'd give it a shot, a lot of people we have talked to say they love it and it's a good bang for your buck! I have booked us a Standard Little Mermaid room for June 2016 for our return to Star Wars Weekends. We are members of the 501st from out of state and come to WDW during SWW to march in the Star Wars Motorcade at DHS. We are driving down because of the gear we travel with so we will not be using the bus service. We are what people call "Park Commandos" we get to the parks before rope drop on days we are not marching and we don't stop until the park closes. Heck, even on days we do march we get there for check in, march, go back to the resort, shower and change then go out to the parks until they close.

We would love to get a king size bed so we have room for our gear and we normally sleep on a queen at home so we are worried that a double might be too small for us.

Also we were wondering what time does the food court open, with our go, go schedule we weren't even sure it would be open in time for us to eat before we head out.

Any tips trips or suggestions on how to make our stay at AoA better would be most helpful! :listen:

Thanks in advance!

Hi @sunrise Student! We stayed at AoA, but in a family suite, for SWW this year. LoF was open plenty early and late, but I think the earliest we caught the bus to DHS was around 6:30. We were first in line and only had one other family with is on Friday of weekend IV.

Not sure about king rooms, but it's worth calling in the request.

The first week in June our limit was $500. I was a little surprised it was so low, as we have stayed in a family suite there before, but other than that our family hasn't stayed in a value. They just charged our card when we hit $500 so it wasn't a big deal.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I wonder why some people have a $500 limit and others have $1000 at the same resort. And I had 2 different CM's at the resort tell me the limit is $1000 and has been for the several months they've been working there. You'd think that it would be the same for everyone at the same resort. :crazy2:

Hi all... I've book LM room for our holiday this oft, however suddenly my inlaws decided wants to join us as well... I've check the fam suite but none available. My husband suggest to book them room at POP instead as POP is just next to AoA. The problem is.. My In laws can't speak English.. So we probably have to accompanied them and walking between AoA and POP all the time. Have anyone had the experience on walking between this 2 hotels before? How far is it?

O ok that's very close than.. May I know where is the bridge located? Is it near LM section?

Hi all... I've book LM room for our holiday this oft, however suddenly my inlaws decided wants to join us as well... I've check the fam suite but none available. My husband suggest to book them room at POP instead as POP is just next to AoA. The problem is.. My In laws can't speak English.. So we probably have to accompanied them and walking between AoA and POP all the time. Have anyone had the experience on walking between this 2 hotels before? How far is it?

From the Little Mermaid rooms to the Pop Century side of the bridge is about a quarter of a mile (depending on which LM building you're in) -- so a 5-10 minute walk depending on your pace and then add a few minutes more depending on where within the resort you're meeting them. Also depending on your location within the LM section, it would probably be faster to take the path around the upper end of the lake rather than walking all the way down to the bridge -- especially if your in-laws are in the 50's section of Pop Century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter