Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I read somewhere that if you are staying in the LM rooms its not a bad idea to drive your car to the bus stop and park in a spot closer then take the bus. That way at the end of the day your car is right there and you aviod a long walk... is this really a good idea?

I think it depends how much you want to avoid the walking. Depending on where your room is, it could be a decent walk from your parking space to your room, even when you are in the lot closest to LM. So that would impact how much walking you'd avoid. Even in the best circumstances, I'm not sure you'd really end up ahead that much.

Speaking of parking, what is UP with the narrow parking spaces at Art of A (and Pop)?? Geez I felt like an idiot trying to park my rental car. (I also drive a Beetle at home, so my rental car was a bit larger).

Just back from a Lion King stay. I did laundry at the Nemo pool, late at night. You can do laundry 24 hours a day. It takes 1 1/2 hours, FYI. 1/2 hour wash, 1 hour dry. It gets very crowded, people wait to do it until they have ALOT of laundry to do at once. I did mine at midnight or so. I used 2 washers, but 4 dryers, because you can't just add a little $$ for 10 more minutes or something. You have to pay by the whole hour ($2). I wanted to make sure mine was all dry in time. I bring a roll of quarters and laundry supplies from home.

We stayed at Nemo last year, Lion King this year, I will book Cars for 2015. Gotta try them all! I love Art of A, and I am a DVC member who also takes a trip on points each year to a DVC resort. I like Art of A just as much.

I've seen different answers to this but figured someone here would know. Do all LM rooms have refrigerators? We want to order from Gardner grocer for breakfast food.

I've seen different answers to this but figured someone here would know. Do all LM rooms have refrigerators? We want to order from Gardner grocer for breakfast food.

Yes! All standard hotel rooms in all Disney hotels have fridges now! :)

Staying in lion king next visit-any bldg better than any other?

I think we were in building 10...it was nice. Fun to walk under the log with the characters on your way back to the room. The other lk building is directly across the courtyard, just no fun thing at the entrance. As far as location in sure they are equal

Any suggestions for making sure our stay is as comfortable as possible? I am travelling in January with 4 other adults (myself, my s/o, my friend and her s/o, and another friend). We are staying in a suite for 6 nights. What sort of things do we need? Is it worth bringing a toaster? How long do the buses from AoA take?

Staying in lion king next visit-any bldg better than any other?

We were in building 10 -- it's next to the parking lot and right beside Animation Hall and the bus stops. Our room was at the end of the wing closest to Animation Hall. We loved the location. We could get from our room to the food court or bus stops in about 2 minutes. Our room had a parking lot view but that was fine -- the windows were high enough that you can really only see out of them when you're standing up in the room -- and most of the time we had the curtains closed anyway. We liked being able to keep an eye on our car in the parking lot.

That being said, Building 6 wouldn't be a bad location either. It's only a few steps further away from the main building and bus stops than building 10. And you could potentially get a lake-view room in that building.

We're booked in a Nemo suite for next June but I'm sure when discounts come out, we'll have to switch to one of the other areas in order to get the discount. I won't hesitate to move to Lion King and request building 10 again.

Any suggestions for making sure our stay is as comfortable as possible? I am travelling in January with 4 other adults (myself, my s/o, my friend and her s/o, and another friend). We are staying in a suite for 6 nights. What sort of things do we need? Is it worth bringing a toaster? How long do the buses from AoA take?

I would bring a power strip or two so there are plenty of outlets for recharging electronics. I have to say that I thought there were a lot more outlets in the suites than in other rooms I've stayed in and we didn't even need our power strops, but depending on how many things you need to charge, you might like the convenience of the power strips. I also always take night lights to put in the bathrooms.

The one thing I will consider taking the next time we go is a toaster. We always eat breakfast in the room so it would have been nice to be able to toast our bagels or English muffins in the room. There are toasters in the food court that we could have used, but that's a little inconvenient. I will probably buy a cheap toaster to take along next June. There is already a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker in the room, so a toaster would be a nice addition.

2 things that I don't remember from my last stay that I'm hoping people here know:

1 - Do they sell soy milk in the food court? I don't want to bring from home, but my travel companion may prefer soy milk in her coffee.

2 - Are there water fountains on the grounds? I know I can refill my water bottle at the food court (and I plan to do that every day), but if I'm out and about (exploring the resort and/or running), is there somewhere where I can get a quick drink of water and/or refill my water bottle? Or am I limited to refilling at the food court?

Thanks for the help, all!

So if I want the building closest to food court and bus stops I should request nemo? Any idea what building number?

So if I want the building closest to food court and bus stops I should request nemo? Any idea what building number?
take a look at the map. There are rooms in Cars and LK that are equally close; it's a pretty smart layout. I'd pick the theme I wanted, then just request "close to transportation" for the best spot within that section.

There's a map of the resort on the first post of this thread. While the Nemo buildings appear to be closest to Animation Hall, there are definitely rooms in the LK and Cars section that are closer than some of the Nemo rooms. It just depends on the location. We were in Lion King Bldg. 10 at the end closest to the Animation Hall. We were less than 100 yards from the back door of the food court -- we could be there in less than 2 minutes. Bus stops were less than a 5 minute walk. Some of the Cars rooms are literally steps from Animation Hall, however; keep in mind that the food court and bus stops are at the end of Animation Hall closest to the Lion King section so if you're coming from Cars, you still have to walk through most of Animation Hall to get to the food court.

For the most part (other than maybe Bldg. 2 in Cars) it's a pretty quick walk to the food court and bus stops from any of the suites. Unless you have a specific theme you want to be in, I would just request "close to bus stops and food court".

We were in Cars 1 and were pretty close to Animation Hall. Our room was near the elevator (near back of the building) and we just walked out the back door, past the Nemo pool and at the food court. Very close.

And to add...we just got back from our first Disney trip. What an amazing time! We were sooo impressed by AoA. The rooms are adorable (Cars suite for us), and spacious. Great detail all around. I really loved having two full washrooms...very time efficient. And there were 2 beds although both our kids wanted the table bed so they used that one. Also, I will comment that the room was spotless....so clean and everything perfect. We just loved it and I only have good things to say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter