Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Could someone post the current resort activity sheet? We totally forgot to do the animation class on our first stay. Going to put it on my itinerary this time!! TIA!!!

We did online check in and it was pretty quick. The resort is very close to DHS so not long at all. Had great luck with the buses all week. Always seemed like we never waited more than 10 min tops.

Agreed. We checked in online and the wait was much shorter than the standard check-in line. Our packet was waiting for us - CM just walked us through a few things and we were good to go. Probably took less than 15 minutes from getting in line to walking away. DHS is a very short ride from AoA. 30 minutes is probably enough travel time but I'd probably allow 45 just to be safe. If you're early you can shop!

So much great information, thank you! Would someone who has stayed in the Mermaid Rooms offer me some advice? Did you find the rooms a far walk to the Buses? Food? We have never stayed at this property, however I am strongly considering it for a mom and daughter trip!

So much great information, thank you! Would someone who has stayed in the Mermaid Rooms offer me some advice? Did you find the rooms a far walk to the Buses? Food? We have never stayed at this property, however I am strongly considering it for a mom and daughter trip!

I stayed in the LM rooms with a sprained ankle and did not find the walk too onerous to either the food court or the buses. I think it seems rough because people are exhausted from the parks. YMMV

Maria :upsidedow

Less than 4 hours before we're "supposed" to start the pilgrimage to WDW and AOA!! We're driving- 1200 long miles, so won't actually check in until Friday morning- at least that's the plan!

It's our first stay here and I really hope we like it. We're in Cars Suites- and the price compared to a villa is really, really good! Hoping it's goodbye villa's, hello AOA from now on, but we'll see.

At any rate praying for the rain to let up and hoping it's a great trip!!

So happy! :yay: Originally wanted to book 3 nights at the Little Mermaid rooms as part 2 of our split stay in Dec, but there was no availability for the final night. So booked 2 nights via Orbitz. Have been checking the availability of the final night from Orbitz website and Disney website since Aug. I had given up hope and wanted to book the final night at Pop Century today. But to my surprise, the Little Mermaid room was available!!:banana:

So now I have 2 reservations for 3 nights. I need to call the hotel so that I don't have to check out and check in again?

I was originally a Poly snot (won't say snob)

Until our first stay at AoA we stayed in Lion King. I am IN LOVE with the resort Don't get me wrong yes there were bumps, yet this was an AMAZING, FUN and PERFECT resort!!! Made my family into a AoA SNOT!!!! :cloud9:

I think I read somewhere (can't find it now!!) that AoA only accepts deliveries from kingdom strollers?? Is this true? We are going to be renting a stroller, so I need to know if this is my only option!! :) thanks!!

I was originally a Poly snot (won't say snob) Until our first stay at AoA we stayed in Lion King. I am IN LOVE with the resort Don't get me wrong yes there were bumps, yet this was an AMAZING, FUN and PERFECT resort!!! Made my family into a AoA SNOT!!!! :cloud9:

I'm right there with you!! Stayed there for the first time last month and booked our bounceback while we were there. Can't wait to get back there!!!

We are going to WDW for a few days in Feb before a cruise, and I kept changing my mind over and over and over about resort to stay at. It will be me, my husband, and daughter, who will be 2 at the time. Originally I was thinking AKL or WL, but then I thought we would probably enjoy it more to have a family suite with a separate room that DD could go to bed early in, since she sleeps a lot more than we do. DD also loves Finding Nemo, and all things sea creature, and she loves splash parks and swimming pools. Although the theming of some other resorts appeals more to me, I think she would love this resort the most. Saving some money doesn’t hurt either, and we had a great time when we stayed at POP in 2012.

I forgot to say anything about it when I made the reservation, but does anyone know what the process is for getting a crib, or bed rails? By that point bed rails might be ok. And which bed in the family suite is lowest to the ground? Thanks!

My friend and I are planning a 40th birthday celebration for next year, just a weekend getaway and were planning on staying at the Grand Floridian. Well, DD (4) was diagnosed with diabetes 2 weeks ago, and I'm a little nervous leaving her for a few days, so now we are going to take her with us and staying at the Lion King suites! I'm so excited! It's her favorite movie. Plus I'm not going to tell her we are going, just going to wake her up that morning, and say, "feel like riding the teacups today?" Can't wait for April!!! :goodvibes

We are going to WDW for a few days in Feb before a cruise, and I kept changing my mind over and over and over about resort to stay at. It will be me, my husband, and daughter, who will be 2 at the time. Originally I was thinking AKL or WL, but then I thought we would probably enjoy it more to have a family suite with a separate room that DD could go to bed early in, since she sleeps a lot more than we do. DD also loves Finding Nemo, and all things sea creature, and she loves splash parks and swimming pools. Although the theming of some other resorts appeals more to me, I think she would love this resort the most. Saving some money doesn’t hurt either, and we had a great time when we stayed at POP in 2012.

I forgot to say anything about it when I made the reservation, but does anyone know what the process is for getting a crib, or bed rails? By that point bed rails might be ok. And which bed in the family suite is lowest to the ground? Thanks!

I think your 2 year old will absolutely love AoA, my DD4 and DS22 month (twins) really loved each section, the pool and the splash area.

I don't know if you'll save too much since the suites are more than the usual value rooms, but she will love it there.

We actually requested 2 pack and plays for our boys and bed rails for the queen bed for our daughter. We put all 3 in the bedroom and have the rest of the room to ourselves at night. I think the lowest to the ground would be the pull out couch, but we didn't use that. DW and I slept on the murphy bed, which was pretty comfortable and not as tight on room as I was afraid.

Thanks for all the info! Yes it isn't -that- much savings over the rooms I was looking at in AKL and WL, but probably enough for a character breakfast :thumbsup2

I was wondering if the cribs were pack and plays, I am just concerned about DD getting too tall for the pack and play since she is very tall for her age. I wonder if I could just request a pack and play, and bed rails, and then figure out which will work after we arrive :confused3

I think your 2 year old will absolutely love AoA, my DD4 and DS22 month (twins) really loved each section, the pool and the splash area.

I don't know if you'll save too much since the suites are more than the usual value rooms, but she will love it there.

We actually requested 2 pack and plays for our boys and bed rails for the queen bed for our daughter. We put all 3 in the bedroom and have the rest of the room to ourselves at night. I think the lowest to the ground would be the pull out couch, but we didn't use that. DW and I slept on the murphy bed, which was pretty comfortable and not as tight on room as I was afraid.

Just in case you get there and the pack and play doesn't work and you can't get risks for some reason, you can always make up the couch back cushion as a bed and put it right on the floor. It is shaped like a changing table pad. We noticed that it would make a perfect toddler bed, and a few other DISers used it that way too. We lived AoA so much in March that we are headed back there this fall :). Enjoy!!

I'll be here for Spring Break 2015! I booked the Finding Nemo Suite for 6!

Is it possible that during such a busy time I won't get the resort type I asked for?

Thanks for the tip! I'm glad to see there are lots of potential options, as my toddler being able to sleep well will make or break the trip :guilty:

Just in case you get there and the pack and play doesn't work and you can't get risks for some reason, you can always make up the couch back cushion as a bed and put it right on the floor. It is shaped like a changing table pad. We noticed that it would make a perfect toddler bed, and a few other DISers used it that way too. We lived AoA so much in March that we are headed back there this fall :). Enjoy!!

I'll be here for Spring Break 2015! I booked the Finding Nemo Suite for 6!

Is it possible that during such a busy time I won't get the resort type I asked for?

With AoA's system of reserving specific themes, and your reservation is specifically for a Nemo suite, then that's what you should expect to get. At other resorts some room type/location requests aren't "reservable," but the themes at AoA are.

There have been recent cases at AoA where Disney has needed to contact guests about changes to their reserved themed suite, however, this was due to unexpected building maintenance and room closures/unavailability. During regular operation, you should be getting what you reserved.

This intrigues me. We have a 7yo, 5yo and 2yo. The 2yo is in a toddler bed at home but in the "exploration" and "testing limits" phase where she gets out of bed multiple times. We're a little concerned her movement will keep the other two up.

Weird request, but the DIS never ceases to amaze me... Does anyone have a pic of the cushion for reference?

That's exactly what my 8yo slept on when we were there last summer. She used both cushions end to end (or was it one long cushion -- can't remember) and I wrapped it in a sheet. She loved sleeping on that -- didn't want the air mattress we brought along for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter