• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very concerned with reports of how warm the rooms are here. I've had my heart set on staying here for YEARs. But I am a HOT sleeper....and can't sleep if I'm too warm. as an example, its been down to probably 25-30 degrees lately at night, and I sleep with my windows open and a window fan going. My room is like an ice locker. So just the thought of sleeping in a room that's 70+ degrees is making me break out in a sweat. Does anyone have any experience with these so-called "medical thermostats" that I read about here that enables the thermostat to be set lower?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

Checked into our LM room today. There was a bit of a wait at the online check in counter but not too bad. The room is great just wish AC worked better. Have it set as low as possible but it's still about 74 in room...we like it a bit cooler at night.

are you able to post a photo of the thermostat or at least give any model name/# you can find on it? As I'm just finding out, there's a boatload of articles/videos on how to override these thermostats

We just transferred our reservation from CBR to a Little Mermaid room!!!! Getting excited again already and we still have 306 days!!!!

I'm very concerned with reports of how warm the rooms are here. I've had my heart set on staying here for YEARs. But I am a HOT sleeper....and can't sleep if I'm too warm. as an example, its been down to probably 25-30 degrees lately at night, and I sleep with my windows open and a window fan going. My room is like an ice locker. So just the thought of sleeping in a room that's 70+ degrees is making me break out in a sweat. Does anyone have any experience with these so-called "medical thermostats" that I read about here that enables the thermostat to be set lower?

We didn't have any problems with the heat. It was actually kind of cold in the middle of the night, I believe the thermostat goes down (not sure, I was sleeping!) without movement, so if your a hot sleeper it shouldn't be too bad. I definitely wouldn't cancel a trip to AoA because of it, it's not as big of a deal as some make it out to be. Lots of people like to be warm when they sleep, not a 68 degree room.

the problem is the fan goes off without movement (i.e. at night) making the room hot at night. add to that tthe fact that people are saying although it claims to be 68 in the room, it actually feels more like mid-70s with the humidity. I usually turn the therms in hotels down to 60 so the room is nice and cold. I cannot sleep when hot and the last thing i want is to not get a good nights sleep while at WDW, after walking around the parks 12 hours a day. I am miserable if I don't get my 8-9 hours of sleep. i hope to hear over the next few months that maintenance is able to override the minimum of 68 when needed.

Does anyone happen to know if there is humidity this time of year into mid December?
I have been told that he humidity is no longer a issue at this time a year verses say August and September however I would like to confirm that with others.
We are set to check in to AOA on Wednesday and so looking forward to our stay and just hoping that we wont have to deal with the kind of humidity that we had to deal with when we took a trip in August one year and that we wont have to deal with a hot suite at AOA because of the thermostat issues :confused3

TJDisneymama said:

I too am a hot sleeper and have read somewhere that you can take the thermostat off the wall and put it in a warmer spot so it can tell it is hot in the room, but to put it back in the morning. It gets hot because the thermostat is generally right near the output vent.

LaurieN said:
We checked in yesterday, WOW the pictures don't do it justice! We are in a Cars room, my boys don't even want to go to the parks!
We did on-line check in, but it didn't matter there were no lines. The CM who took care of us was super nice, I requested a pool view room but none were ready (it was 12:30). She didn't want us to wait for our room to be ready so she checked to see if there was one she could put us in. There wasn't but she could put us in another room if the view didn't matter. We are at the end of the hall facing the lake over to Pop, it's great!
My only complaint (and it's not Disney's fault) is, it is so noisy!!! People running and yelling in the halls!!
Laurie :)

I'd live to hear what building you were in as we have booked a Cars suite as well and requested building 1 (Mater) and a pool view, but we do plan to check in a wee but early. Overall how was your stay? (when you're back from Disney of course!)

I've read that the thermostats are motion activated. No motion = the unit turns off = gets warm at night. Someone threw out the suggestion of buying a balloon at the park and putting it near the thermostat so it can 'see' it. That way it stays on all night. I plan on giving it a try when we check in this Saturday. :thumbsup2

We stayed in the Cars Suite last week. We had no problems with the air. I set it down to 68 at night and it was nice and cold all night (no movement needed) :)

2sleeps to go so excited for our Cars suite but praying my son is okay he has had a fever since wed night it finally broke this am but he is still not 100% He is never sick so we are hoping we dont all get it!

We are at AOA now in the LM room. It is HOT!!! It is 1 am and I can't sleep it is so hot. I do believe it helped a little because we brought a fan from home (thank goodness)!

I do not have any other complaints! The resort would be perfect if the air worked!!

heartpooh said:
We are at AOA now in the LM room. It is HOT!!! It is 1 am and I can't sleep it is so hot. I do believe it helped a little because we brought a fan from home (thank goodness)!

I do not have any other complaints! The resort would be perfect if the air worked!!

Call for maintenance and they will be there ASAP :) hope you have a wonderful trip, we just returned home.

Yes, call maintenance and see what they can do. Also, if someone there can take a pic of the therm & post it, along with make/model, I'm curious to see if I can find directions on how to o verride it

Yes, call maintenance and see what they can do. Also, if someone there can take a pic of the therm & post it, along with make/model, I'm curious to see if I can find directions on how to o verride it

Go to this thread, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843. Click the link in the first post. When you get to Photobucket scroll all the way down. Give the pictures time to load. There's a picture of the thermostat on the next to last row of pics.

I agree, knowing the make & model will help us figure this mess out. I have seen a couple of pics of the face of the thermostat, but there is no make / model on the outside, maybe on the inside of the hinged door ?

TinkandPooh said:
Does anyone happen to know if there is humidity this time of year into mid December?
I have been told that he humidity is no longer a issue at this time a year verses say August and September however I would like to confirm that with others.
We are set to check in to AOA on Wednesday and so looking forward to our stay and just hoping that we wont have to deal with the kind of humidity that we had to deal with when we took a trip in August one year and that we wont have to deal with a hot suite at AOA because of the thermostat issues :confused3

Definitely not the kind of humidity you experienced in August! The weather is usually kind of mild, getting even chilly at night or in the morning. When we go anytime between Oct-March, we all dress in layers. It can be really warm- not hot, but high 70s/low 80s- during the day, but by 7:30ish, we're all pulling out the sweaters and hoodies.

Good news if you're staying at AoA, the pool is super warm, like bath water. My kids loved swimming there earlier this month, even though it was rather cool outside. We've stayed at other resorts (PC, POR, YC/BC) where this was definitely not the case.

Definitely not the kind of humidity you experienced in August! The weather is usually kind of mild, getting even chilly at night or in the morning. When we go anytime between Oct-March, we all dress in layers. It can be really warm- not hot, but high 70s/low 80s- during the day, but by 7:30ish, we're all pulling out the sweaters and hoodies.

Good news if you're staying at AoA, the pool is super warm, like bath water. My kids loved swimming there earlier this month, even though it was rather cool outside. We've stayed at other resorts (PC, POR, YC/BC) where this was definitely not the case.

Thanks so much for the info glad tohear we wont be dealing with the humidity like in August.....that was so not fun :)

Thanks! I can commence my mission now, lol.

ETA: D'oh! Can't see any make or model info on it. This will make my mission a lot harder, lol. If anyone has this info, please post. thx

the universal override for many models seems to be to press the Power & Down Arrow buttons at the same time....at which point "BP" will show on the screen and you can set the temp to whatever you want. If that doesn't work then we will need more specific info regarding the brand of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter