• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Building 1 is Mater
Building 2 is Lugi
Building 3 is McQueen

Thank you! Huge Mater fan in my household. Going to request this in hope I don't have to try to explain to a two year old why we're not in the Mater building!

There is an artist that teaches the kids to draw at certain times of the day. Also, starting at 1:00 there were activities by the pool until 6:00 everyday. They will give you a giude when you check in. While we were there it was bingo, trivia, name that tune, name that wdw attration, notable quoatables, Dud, what's in you Beach bag, memory, water basketball, relays, jelly jumpin', parachute games, hula hoop games, scavenger hunts, etc. They were different each day. Everyday they have Arts and Crafts @ 2:00, The Big Blue Pool Party @ 3:00, adn Righteous Dance Party @ 3:00. There was also a movie in the LK courtyard @ 8:00 and the movies are different everynight too.

I'm thinking arrival day activities too! Do you think they'll have as much going on in December?

A room question...

We have been to Disney pretty much every year for the past 2 and are thinking about planning a trip in early May. If we are able to swing it (time wise) I would like to stay on property at AOA. We have DD(6), DD(3), and DD(1). I was thinking about putting DD(6) & DD(3) on the murphy bed so they would have easy access to the bathroom and then put the pack 'n play for the baby in the living room.

I know there is a door to the master bedroom, but is there a door or curtain between the dining and living room? And if not, do you think that a tension rod with a fabric shower curtain would fit? The baby does okay as long as she doesn't "see" her sisters when going to sleep...

There are basically two rooms. The bedroom with a queen and the other room is the living & dining area. Unfortunately, the room is much too wide to be able to use a tension rod.

The weather was in the 60's-80's while we were there. The pools are heated though. My kids went swimming one night when it was only 65.:confused3. There is activity schedule for each month. I believe they always have activities every month.

My parents are taking the enitre family to Disney(20 of us) and we decided to stay at AOA. To keep the cost down for my parents we decided to room with them. We had a pin for free dining so it was cheaper for us to do the suites then LM rooms since those were excluded. It will be 4 adults and 2 small children. My parents will take the room and my husband and I will each sleep with one of the kids. Is this doable you think? We don't plan to be in the room much other then to sleep/change. We have been to Disney before and my kids don't nap or take breaks. Thanks!

I think you will be fine. I was expecting it to be more cramped, but I think that the rooms are well designed. We were two adults and 2 kids (5 and 3). We had a big, honking double stroller and four sets of standing bed rails and I felt like we had plenty of space. Your bathroom (in the main area) has the tub and also a door between the sinks and the toilet/tub -makes getting ready a little easier.

The only thing is the sleeping situation. The table bed is quite comfortable but not as long as a normal bed. I am 5' 6" and would have been fine sleeping on it. My husband who is 6' 3" not so much. So unless you are both very tall, it shouldn't be an issue.

Hope this helps!

We just returned from a wonderful trip staying in the LM section at AOA. The themeing at this resort is amazing. Especially loved the Cars section.

Arrived at 8:30 AM and did regular check-in. No line at all! There were a few families in the Online check-in line. We were told that both of our requests had been met but were only given our building number at check in. Received a text at 10:30 AM with our actual room number.

We were only at the resort for (4) nights, and do not have any small children, so we were ok with the walk. Did not try to take food back to the room though because I am certain it would have gotten cold.

We were in a ground floor room in building seven very close to the lake. It was very quiet. We had no problems with Mousekeeping. We folded the bedspread in the corner the first night and it remained there throughout our stay.

My laptop did fit in the safe!! We had both internet and cellphone (Verizon) service the whole stay.

Bus service was great -- did have to stand many times though.

We have a 12 year old with food allergies and dealt with (2) different chefs both were very accommodating.

Did try out the pools -- water was a little chilly but doable.

I am really happy that we choose to stay in the LM room for this trip but we are going back to the POP for the following reasons:

(1) LOTS AND LOTS of small children at AOA -- I think this is due to the larger rooms accommodating larger family sizes. (Flavors was a zoo at prime time and the buses were loaded with strollers and small children -- just meant that we gave up our seats to mothers juggling small children.) Hey Disney is about Children of all ages -- not complaining -- just stating facts!

(2) There were only (3) of us so a regular room meets our needs -- Missed the preferred rooms at the POP.

You will love AOA! Have Fun!!

We just returned from a wonderful trip staying in the LM section at AOA. The themeing at this resort is amazing. Especially loved the Cars section.

Arrived at 8:30 AM and did regular check-in. No line at all! There were a few families in the Online check-in line. We were told that both of our requests had been met but were only given our building number at check in. Received a text at 10:30 AM with our actual room number.

We were only at the resort for (4) nights, and do not have any small children, so we were ok with the walk. Did not try to take food back to the room though because I am certain it would have gotten cold.

We were in a ground floor room in building seven very close to the lake. It was very quiet. We had no problems with Mousekeeping. We folded the bedspread in the corner the first night and it remained there throughout our stay.

My laptop did fit in the safe!! We had both internet and cellphone (Verizon) service the whole stay.

Bus service was great -- did have to stand many times though.

We have a 12 year old with food allergies and dealt with (2) different chefs both were very accommodating.

Did try out the pools -- water was a little chilly but doable.

I am really happy that we choose to stay in the LM room for this trip but we are going back to the POP for the following reasons:

(1) LOTS AND LOTS of small children at AOA -- I think this is due to the larger rooms accommodating larger family sizes. (Flavors was a zoo at prime time and the buses were loaded with strollers and small children -- just meant that we gave up our seats to mothers juggling small children.) Hey Disney is about Children of all ages -- not complaining -- just stating facts!

(2) There were only (3) of us so a regular room meets our needs -- Missed the preferred rooms at the POP.

You will love AOA! Have Fun!!

Enjoyed yor review :goodvibes
Thanks for the insight and glad you had a great time:thumbsup2
We too will be dealing with special diets when we go and I have always found Disneyland in California to be very good about it so it is nice to hear that Florida is good as well because we have 2 that will need to eat Gluten free due to Celiac.
Cant wait for November 28th :banana:

I've read over 100 posts and am finding a ton of info on the LM rooms, but very little on the suites in comparison. We will be in a Cars suite 12/5 to 12/11. Looking for recommendations on the best room/building requests to make. I have a two year old as well as a 12 year old and my husband and I. It's our first trip with a toddler so while the rest of us are rope drop to closing I'm not sure how the two year old will do. I'd love to look at something other than the parking lot, but most importantly I guess is that my family is well rested as we introduce our youngest member to Disney! Any advice on which room/building would help us do that in the Cars suites?

lovingeire said:
I've read over 100 posts and am finding a ton of info on the LM rooms, but very little on the suites in comparison. We will be in a Cars suite 12/5 to 12/11. Looking for recommendations on the best room/building requests to make. I have a two year old as well as a 12 year old and my husband and I. It's our first trip with a toddler so while the rest of us are rope drop to closing I'm not sure how the two year old will do. I'd love to look at something other than the parking lot, but most importantly I guess is that my family is well rested as we introduce our youngest member to Disney! Any advice on which room/building would help us do that in the Cars suites?

We get their the day you leave. Staying in cars also. I have read bldg one is closest to food and buses.

Thanks for your review, enjoyed it. How did you deal with 2 different chefs regarding food allergies for the youngster? Was it when you ordered your meal you mentioned to the server? I have a 4 1/2 yr old that also have food allergies. Any insight would be appreciated.

We get their the day you leave. Staying in cars also. I have read bldg one is closest to food and buses.

That sounds familiar now that you mention it. I read so many posts I was going a little cross eyed with all the info. :confused3 It was actually 100 pages of posts! I guess I could request a courtyard/pool view for our room. I just prefer not to look at the parking lot, especially since I might be hanging out in the room for naptime! I thinking being close to food & the buses would probably be useful with a little one who will be tired & cranky at the end of the night. And since the themeing is supposed to be so good in the Cars building it's probably a good view to have, right? :)

Has anyone noticed if they sell distilled water in the gift shop or food court? If anyone is there and can look, that would be great. My friend is going and needs it for her CPAP machine.

When I was there the first week of Oct I did not see distilled water for sale at LoF. I too have a CPAP so I put distilled water in a couple reused 16oz plastic bottles in a Wine Diaper (winediaper.com) in my checked luggage. So I could leave the empties in the recycling & re-used the Diaper to protect a bottle I'd bought at F&W.

But really, the CPAP will not implode if you use bottled for a couple days. Just do a good rinse when you get home.;)

I wanted to order two cases of water from Walmart tonight for our trip and have it delivered to the AoA. It said it would ship it on 11/17. We don't arrive until 11/24 so I didn't complete the order thinking that it may get there too early (this is the first time I've ever tried doing this). How do you know when you should order to have it delivered at the right time? :confused: I doubt the resorts want groceries delivered too far ahead of time as they have to store them all somewhere. When should I place my order for our 11/24 arrival? Thanks for your help and advice.

I wanted to order two cases of water from Walmart tonight for our trip and have it delivered to the AoA. It said it would ship it on 11/17. We don't arrive until 11/24 so I didn't complete the order thinking that it may get there too early (this is the first time I've ever tried doing this). How do you know when you should order to have it delivered at the right time? :confused: I doubt the resorts want groceries delivered too far ahead of time as they have to store them all somewhere. When should I place my order for our 11/24 arrival? Thanks for your help and advice.

I ordered mine a week before and it arrived the same day that I did.

I ordered mine a week before and it arrived the same day that I did.

Thank you so much! I hope your area of NY wasn't hit too badly by the storm. We had some bad damage, but are basically fine. I see that you are leaving very soon; have the best time ever! :wave2:

Thanks for your review, enjoyed it. How did you deal with 2 different chefs regarding food allergies for the youngster? Was it when you ordered your meal you mentioned to the server? I have a 4 1/2 yr old that also have food allergies. Any insight would be appreciated.

Just tell anyone serving food at the counter service that you have food allergies and they will get the chef on duty. We had two different chefs on two different days at AOA. If you are making any table service reservations, be certain to put the food allergies on your reservation. The chef will come to your table. Disney is great at accommodating food allergies!

Thank you so much! I hope your area of NY wasn't hit too badly by the storm. We had some bad damage, but are basically fine. I see that you are leaving very soon; have the best time ever! :wave2:

You're welcome. We were lucky, we were spared by the storm. We're about a 4 hour drive to NYC so being inland helped. We only got a little rain and some wind and it wasn't as strong as they were predicting. I'm glad to hear that you were fine.

Yes, we're really looking forward to our trip to Universal. We're going with extended family and they've never been there.

We're surprising our kids and niece and nephew. We're taking them to MVMCP while we're in the area. They think we're only going to Downtown Disney. I can't wait to see their faces when they find out.

I hope you have a great trip as well! :woohoo:

Not sure if this has already been answered, but how many floors are in the LK buildings? Thanks! :)

ETA: Found the answer, 4 floors. :thumbsup2

Not sure if this has already been answered, but how many floors are in the LK buildings? Thanks! :)

ETA: Found the answer, 4 floors. :thumbsup2

I was just about to answer your question. Here's a pic:

DSC04597.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter