• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people have mentioned the doors can hold magnets. Can anyone confirm? Just wondering if we can order magnets to decorate.

crarmy said:
My husband and I are traveling with our 21 year old and our 11 and 9yr old. Are the family suites at AOA roomy enough for a family of 5?? I undestand there are enough beds, but are we gonna be on top of each other??
Thanks!!

I honestly think you will be fine. Although my kids are younger than yours, we had 3 adults, DS9, and DD3 and never felt cramped. I was worried about it because in the past, we have done 2-bedroom DVC villas which are huge compared to the family suites! The fact that there are 2 bathrooms helps a ton!

My husband and I are traveling with our 21 year old and our 11 and 9yr old. Are the family suites at AOA roomy enough for a family of 5?? I undestand there are enough beds, but are we gonna be on top of each other??
Thanks!!

I think you'll be just fine. The suits are fairly big!

mickeye said:
Three weeks to go! :beach:

I can hardly wait!!! Even though some people around here would like to sling a monkey wrench in our plans.(I don't mean here on the boards I mean here at home)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks!!

Unfortunately yes, you will be on top of each other. Anytime we have to use the sleeper sofa and don't have living space, it feels too small to me. They're really cute though. I couldn't do them for more than a night or two. Theres not much drawer space either.

Just got done reading all 134 pages...shew...boy am I tired...lol...

Can't wait for our trip to AoA in a LM room...only 20 days to go!!!

Thanks for all of the info...we usually stay at the Contemporary but wanted to have a little more Disney in our trip. This is our 12th trip and the excitement never dwindles!!!

I need to read this whole thread, but we are staying in a Cars suite! I'm so excited and I know my Cars obsessed 2 year old will go nuts! I am hoping it will give us a little more space, but my main concern was having separate sleeping space for my 12 year old and my two year old.

I can hardly wait!!! Even though some people around here would like to sling a monkey wrench in our plans.(I don't mean here on the boards I mean here at home)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh, no! I hope everything is going to be okay for you. :sad2: Is it just you and the baby going on the trip? :confused:

Just a quick check in as we approach our final count down :)
14 more days until online check in :goodvibes
So excited.
We are all sick right now with colds so Im hoping that we are getting all the sickness out of the way before we go and we will all be real healthy and full of energy for this trip

Just Back From Lion King Suites! Any questions?

Just an FYI - It was me, my husband and 2 boys (one turned 5 while there and the other is almost 3). My 5 year old has a peanut allergy, and we try not to give our kids artificial flavors, colors or preservatives - sort of a modified Feingold Diet, if you are familiar. This was the first time our kids have been away from home or flew.

Just got home from FN suites. We loved it!!! It was so nice to have so much space and not be tripping over all of our stuff. My boys shared the murphy bed and my daughter had the living room to herself. Having two bathrooms is so helpful and gave us plenty of counterspace.

Our room was poolside and we could hear the music when they start playing it around 8:00 am. That was a little annoying because a couple days we wanted to let the kids sleep in and go to the parks later. The kids slept with earplugs so they were ok. I should have wore earplugs too. Other than that it was wonderful. We had wonderful service and mousekeeping.

The food court was also amazing. The surf and turf burger was so delicious!! Even when it was busy it wasn't that long of a wait.

Also, there are so many activities at the resort I wished we would of spent a whole day just doing that. We never made it to the movie either, because it was chilly at night while we were there. Bus service was always very efficient too. Of course there were longer wait times after the parks close to go back to the resort, but that is to be expected. If fact, twice they were loading busses two at a time to speed up the process.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask. :thumbsup2

Very random question...does Landscape of Flavors sell Mickey ice cream bars?
Or anywhere at AoA? :confused3

Just got home from FN suites. We loved it!!! It was so nice to have so much space and not be tripping over all of our stuff. My boys shared the murphy bed and my daughter had the living room to herself. Having two bathrooms is so helpful and gave us plenty of counterspace.

Our room was poolside and we could hear the music when they start playing it around 8:00 am. That was a little annoying because a couple days we wanted to let the kids sleep in and go to the parks later. The kids slept with earplugs so they were ok. I should have wore earplugs too. Other than that it was wonderful. We had wonderful service and mousekeeping.

The food court was also amazing. The surf and turf burger was so delicious!! Even when it was busy it wasn't that long of a wait.

Also, there are so many activities at the resort I wished we would of spent a whole day just doing that. We never made it to the movie either, because it was chilly at night while we were there. Bus service was always very efficient too. Of course there were longer wait times after the parks close to go back to the resort, but that is to be expected. If fact, twice they were loading busses two at a time to speed up the process.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask. :thumbsup2

That's wonderful to hear! We're staying there in April. :) What were the other activities you mention? We're planning one (almost) full day at the resort in the middle of our trip.

There is an artist that teaches the kids to draw at certain times of the day. Also, starting at 1:00 there were activities by the pool until 6:00 everyday. They will give you a giude when you check in. While we were there it was bingo, trivia, name that tune, name that wdw attration, notable quoatables, Dud, what's in you Beach bag, memory, water basketball, relays, jelly jumpin', parachute games, hula hoop games, scavenger hunts, etc. They were different each day. Everyday they have Arts and Crafts @ 2:00, The Big Blue Pool Party @ 3:00, adn Righteous Dance Party @ 3:00. There was also a movie in the LK courtyard @ 8:00 and the movies are different everynight too.

There is an artist that teaches the kids to draw at certain times of the day. Also, starting at 1:00 there were activities by the pool until 6:00 everyday. They will give you a giude when you check in. While we were there it was bingo, trivia, name that tune, name that wdw attration, notable quoatables, Dud, what's in you Beach bag, memory, water basketball, relays, jelly jumpin', parachute games, hula hoop games, scavenger hunts, etc. They were different each day. Everyday they have Arts and Crafts @ 2:00, The Big Blue Pool Party @ 3:00, adn Righteous Dance Party @ 3:00. There was also a movie in the LK courtyard @ 8:00 and the movies are different everynight too.

Cool, sounds like some fun things to do on our arrival day. Thanks.

My parents are taking the enitre family to Disney(20 of us) and we decided to stay at AOA. To keep the cost down for my parents we decided to room with them. We had a pin for free dining so it was cheaper for us to do the suites then LM rooms since those were excluded. It will be 4 adults and 2 small children. My parents will take the room and my husband and I will each sleep with one of the kids. Is this doable you think? We don't plan to be in the room much other then to sleep/change. We have been to Disney before and my kids don't nap or take breaks. Thanks!

A room question...

We have been to Disney pretty much every year for the past 2 and are thinking about planning a trip in early May. If we are able to swing it (time wise) I would like to stay on property at AOA. We have DD(6), DD(3), and DD(1). I was thinking about putting DD(6) & DD(3) on the murphy bed so they would have easy access to the bathroom and then put the pack 'n play for the baby in the living room.

I know there is a door to the master bedroom, but is there a door or curtain between the dining and living room? And if not, do you think that a tension rod with a fabric shower curtain would fit? The baby does okay as long as she doesn't "see" her sisters when going to sleep...

mrsmillar, yes, it's doable for your stay in a suite. You will be very surprised at how much space you will have:) Have a great magical time:)

We are all sick right now with colds so Im hoping that we are getting all the sickness out of the way before we go and we will all be real healthy and full of energy for this trip

I hope you get better fast. As a precaution, here's some advice from a nurse. Get your family and yourself flu shots before you go ASAP (if you haven't gotten them yet). You're going to be around thousands of people on your trip and travels and being sick now means that your immune system will be weak for a while after you get over your present sickness. It would be terrible for you all to get sick while away at WDW and miss all of your fun.

Also, starting at 1:00 there were activities by the pool until 6:00 everyday.

Were people in the pools? Were the pools heated and also, how was the weather while you were there? I'm going right after Thanksgiving and we're really looking forward to swimming. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter