• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a quick question...

we'll be at AoA in December. I have read that the resort pools are heated? Is this true?

I'm just curious since we have been in December before and when we had a beautiful sunny day we decided to go to one of the waterparks and the water was freezing everywhere.

Are just the resort pools heated? Or is this something new at every pool at Disney?

That sucks about your husband's knee, but it was awesome that they upgraded you and you were able to stay in a suite.

Hmmm...so....if I "accidentally" trip my DH, and he fall and hurts his leg ......hmmm, interesting. :idea:

(KIDDING!!) :lmao:
I just want to say this made me laugh!:)

Whoo! Booked a room at Finding Nemo in late April. :cool1: Decided to switch from our original plans for Lion King because DS1 has a newfound interest in Nemo. (DS2 likes everything. ;))

Noise doesn't bother us much. I figure we'll be tired enough to sleep through anything. :rotfl:

Does anyone know if there are any new picture threads of AoA pictures.
I have not seen too many pictures just a few here and there and wondered if anyone recently posted some pictures.
I would love to look at some now since we are getting so close to going :cool1:

Sorry if this has been asked already but can six adult females (18-23 years old) comfortably fit into one suite?

Sorry if this has been asked already but can six adult females (18-23 years old) comfortably fit into one suite?

1 queen sized bed, 1 sofa bed (full) and 1 murphy bed (full) and two full sized bathrooms.

as long as they don't mind sharing beds (and they are small sized double beds if they are like the ones in the standard value rooms), and can juggle the two bathrooms for showers then it'll be tight but doable.

Where you might run into problems, there isn't a lot of 'closet' space if any, and you'll have a minimal amount of drawer space each, if you can live out of suitcases you should be fine.

discookiemonsta said:
I have a quick question...

we'll be at AoA in December. I have read that the resort pools are heated? Is this true?

I'm just curious since we have been in December before and when we had a beautiful sunny day we decided to go to one of the waterparks and the water was freezing everywhere.

Are just the resort pools heated? Or is this something new at every pool at Disney?

Yes the pools are heated :) but the air is still freezing....

Whew, I finally finished painting our AoA shirts. I never made shirts before and they took 2 months to do. I didn't realize how long they would need, but I'm glad that I did them. They came out pretty good and they're a surprise; I'm the only one who has seen them and knows about them. ;)

Please forgive me if this has been asked/answered. I searched the thread but couldn't find the details I want.

I saw where someone mentioned the AoA suites have paper plates. Do they have bowls? We leave tomorrow & I packed small cereal boxes. I'm trying to decide if we need to pack some plastic bowls. I read in this thread that there are plastic utensils. I'm assuming that includes spoons. Can someone let me know if that's wrong so I can make sure I throw some in the suitcase?

Thanks!

Yes you get paper bowls and plates along with single wrapped utensils which include forks, spoons and knives. :) so you shouldn't need the plastic bowls...have a GREAT trip!!!

Just to say we didn't have any plates or bowls in our suite - not even after housekeeping had been in. Odd. We tipped, too!

tiki23 said:
Just to say we didn't have any plates or bowls in our suite - not even after housekeeping had been in. Odd. We tipped, too!

That is odd! We had them and they were restocked every day! They were above the microwave....is it possible you missed them?

jimandami said:
That is odd! We had them and they were restocked every day! They were above the microwave....is it possible you missed them?

Probably would be safe to bring a few extra. But if you don't have any when you get there, call Mousekeeping. They should bring more.

Will a laptop fit in the room safe? It hasn't in the safes with a key, but I have never tried to fit on in the combination safes.

Sorry if it's been asked. I couldn't find it in the thread.

Will a laptop fit in the room safe? It hasn't in the safes with a key, but I have never tried to fit on in the combination safes.

Thanks for asking this question:goodvibes I'm curious as well! I have a notebook and would consider bringing it if it could fit in the new safe!!!

We just returned from AoA. We stayed in LM and a laptop would not fit in the safe. I'm not sure about the suites.

discookiemonsta said:
Thanks for asking this question:goodvibes I'm curious as well! I have a notebook and would consider bringing it if it could fit in the new safe!!!

I always take my laptop and just lock it in my suitcase when we are out of our room for the day. Not 100% foolproof but I think it would be less likely for anyone to walk out with an entire suitcase then just a laptop I had left lying around.

sixkristy6 said:
We just returned from AoA. We stayed in LM and a laptop would not fit in the safe. I'm not sure about the suites.

No, it won't fit in the safe in the suites, either. That thing is tiny!

Thanks for all the replies re: the safes in the LM rooms and suites. I was afraid the laptop wouldn't fit. We could lock it in the suitcase, but maybe we'll try to live without it :-)scared1:) for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter