Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TinkandPooh said:
Its been great keeping up on this thread to keep us going until our trip.
Its getting closer and I am getting more excited by the day :goodvibes
We just paid our final payment on trip about a week ago and now just waiting for about another week o get our packag in the mail :cool1:
Now off to Disneyland for the rest of this week to tie us over until we can get to Florida :goodvibes

Quick question for hose of you that have had to fly to get to WDW.....
If you had a baby around the age of 16 months would you buy a seat for him or her or would you choos the on the parents lap option???

Not used to flying and have never flown with little ones.
Last time we were at WDW was in 2006 and we didnt have babies back then

We always flew with them on our lap. Never had a problem. Bring snacks and master the art of distraction. :). Save your money.

If this were the refillable mug thread we'd call this "debate." :-)

My opinion is....yeah, it's tacky.

I did not know such a thread existed. I am glad I did not ask this in another thread since I don't want people jumping down my throat. Thank you!

I won't do it. :)

Regarding pool noise - we've only stayed poolside once in AS Sports and the music / announcements were louder than we expected. It wasn't a problem because it quieted down around 9 or 10 pm but we would never stay poolside again.

At Nemo pool the music / CMs announcing are right beside a corner of the Nemo Suites I have to wonder how loud it is in that end of the building (at Sports they're next to the food court / main building with music / announcements so we had some distance between us and the main noise).

I would suggest if you go for a Nemo suite request a 'quiet' suite - that should get you away from poolside.

Those who have stayed: Finding Nemo or Lion King? We're waffling. :) Anyone in the FN suites, did you find them to be affected by the pool noise?

I'm wondering the same thing and have been going back and forth for months. I have Nemo booked but I keep looking at the LK section closest to AH........

We stayed in Nemo at the end of last month. Our 2nd floor room looked out over the playground and (slightly further down) the sprayground. We never heard a bit of noise, at any time of day or night, from outside. The most annoying noise came from the interior hallways and you can't avoid that no matter where you stay! Slamming doors, people talking/laughing/yelling, kids etc etc. My advice would be to pick either the location you want or the theme you want and not worry about exterior noise. :)

We checked in a bit ago. They were still having troubles from the computer system and it took us about a half hour. Cm was really nice. Just missed the food court by a couple of minutes. It closed at midnight so we had a vending machine late night snack lol. We are in room 7830. Room is so amazing. Only bad thing was I had to kill a bunch of spiders that were in the corners other than that its truly out of the movie!

Wondering if there are any pix from handicapped accessible suites in this thread? Sorry, but I have not been through all the posts yet.

If not, we have a HA with roll-in shower booked for Lion King in December, so there will be plenty of photos upon our return. :)

We stayed in the FN suites and we heard NO noise of any type..In fact, we didn't hear hall noise either:)

Does anyone know the layout of the wheelchair accessible LM rooms?
Also, if I ask for lake view, does that mean I'll be close to the bridge for Pop?

dansdad said:
Weather permitting, there are outdoor movies every night. However, the movies are shown by the Nemo Pool.

The week of 9/22-9/30 they were shown in the LK every night. They were just outside our window, which overlooked the area where Pumba, Timon, and Simba are in the log. It started around 8ish and finished at 10 so if you stay up later than that, it isn't a problem, but it did keep us up a couple nights when we went to bed early.

The week of 9/22-9/30 they were shown in the LK every night. They were just outside our window, which overlooked the area where Pumba, Timon, and Simba are in the log. It started around 8ish and finished at 10 so if you stay up later than that, it isn't a problem, but it did keep us up a couple nights when we went to bed early.

Thanks for the correction. I have not stayed at AofA yet and was going by what previous posters in this thread reported when they got back.

dansdad said:
Thanks for the correction. I have not stayed at AofA yet and was going by what previous posters in this thread reported when they got back.

I think they showed them at the Nemo pool until the LK section opened and then switched.

Does anyone know the layout of the wheelchair accessible LM rooms?
Also, if I ask for lake view, does that mean I'll be close to the bridge for Pop?

you won't be close to the bridge for PoP - it's down by the end of the Nemo pool area (so from LM you would go past LK and one Nemo building before you get to the bridge). You would be closer than building 9 would be if that helps.

Just returned from a 10 night stay, 9/29 - 10/9.

Little Mermaid room, building 8, ground floor, facing the LM pool.

We requested building 7, lakeview, ground floor. I do not think they had our request b/c we also requested a bedrail and pack n play and had to call to get both delivered when we reached our room.

We just stuck with the room assigned b/c we had a rental car and really wanted ground floor with the stroller.

The resort and rooms were BEAUTIFUL. However, the walk to AH and the Finding Nemo pool was too far, in my opinion. They really need a drink station at the LM pool.

I was glad we had the rental car where we could park near our room b/c that walk from the buses would have been old after a couple of days.

We walked from our room to the Finding Nemo pool a lot b/c I liked the splash area and the zero entry for my son. The walk back after being in the sun all day, not so much fun.

As much as I loved the resort, decor, rooms, etc.... I don't know if I'd stay at AoA over Pop in the future for the standard room. It's just too far from everything, especially building 8.

We also just returned from our stay at LM 9/29 to 10/9 bldg 9, third floor. We also had a car, and so glad we did!!! I couldn't imagine staying there without a car. Just too far to go back and forth, especially for drinks. It was about a 7 min walk, and did go by fast, but its just so far out of the way.

The food court, we hated it. I was one who was really excited for the food choices, but food was so slow, cold, and bland. I was looking forward to some flavorful food and never got it. My kids hated the pizza, too much sauce and it was a strong marinara tomato taste. French toast was under cooked, bacon over cooked etc...

LM pool was great! Never really busy, close to all LM rooms. We faced it and didn't notice too much noise at night. Nemo pool was ok, found it had much more chemicals. Cars pool looked very small in comparison to the others.

Theming was fantastic. Bring the closet organizers from the dollar store for LM rooms. There are only 3 small drawers... And this provided much more room for us. Beds are comfy. Toilet is LOUD and doesn't always flush everything. My kids kept saying that Ariel was watching them pee bcuz the shower curtain is right there LOL

Not sure if I would stay again. If I did stay in LM I would get a car again for sure! Also do t see any appeal in staying in LK section, as there is nothing there compared to all other sections. And far enough from all pools to be kind of a pain.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Eta: forgot to add! DO ONLINE CHECK IN!!! We waited for over an hour in line!!!

Thanks for the reviews of the LM section. I can't wait until we go next June, although I am also a little worried about the walk. We were in the 70s section at Pop, facing the lake, and we thought that was a long walk. But I can't resist the theming at AoA and we can only afford a LM room, so we're stuck with the walk.

Hoosier37 said:
Thanks for the reviews of the LM section. I can't wait until we go next June, although I am also a little worried about the walk. We were in the 70s section at Pop, facing the lake, and we thought that was a long walk. But I can't resist the theming at AoA and we can only afford a LM room, so we're stuck with the walk.

Can you wait until it gets closer and price out a car rentlal? One of my hesitations on staying LM was the distance so we got the car and SO GLAD WE DID!!!

We stayed in building 9 of LM the 24-29. The walk didn't bother us at all and I figured as much as we walk at the parks, what's a little more at the resort? Then again I work downtown so I'm used to walking blocks at a time to the different Courthouses with no thought so it didn't really bother me (I was just happy to be walking in tennis shoes as opposed to heels all week!).

Yes, it's about a 7 minute walk (my FIL made sure to time it!) but there's so much to see. I used the walk as a way to have a few moments before the craziness at the parks and it was a nice way to wind down after getting back.

After we got back from the parks my mom & I would take everyone's cups up for refills and that was our way to have some time alone which was really nice.

I stayed at AoA last week and I encourage all past guests to write a letter to Disney about their stay. I have already written a letter thanking them for a great stay but with these constructive criticisms: the pools should have towels nearby instead of having to bring them from the room, LM section needs a drink station, and coffee makers at the very least, and microwave as at least an option for a fee. I think if they hear this from enough people it will happen. It would make a lot of people's stay a lot more enjoyable. If anyone has tried the themed rice Krispy treats in the food court, did the chocolate taste a little cheap to you? I put that in my letter as well. And on an off topic, the magic kingdom is not lit up enough at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter