Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've done both in the past - used the bus or rented a car - and we're renting a car again this year when we go in December. In pricing it out it's less than $200. Which may seem like a lot, but I know I will worry constantly about getting to ADRs etc on time. I like being able to come and go as I please - and since we've planned some "off time" during our stay we'll be able to drive off site if wanted.

As for clothes and what to wear from a PP - I'm going with layers this time around. When we went in Dec two years ago - it was nice during the days (I wore jean and a fleece all week) and very cold at night. Some days were warmer than others. I'm a new englander and usually wear flip flops until it snows so my cold tolerance is very high. So pack a little of everything!

If anyone has done online check in for AoA could u tell me if you can make requests such as close to transportation or ground floor?????

princessap said:
I am curious too...Nemo suite here for March! Make sure you call tomorrow and get discount applied!

Thanks for the tip. We're Disney Visa card holders so we're already on it. Can always use more though!

If anyone has done online check in for AoA could u tell me if you can make requests such as close to transportation or ground floor?????

You need to call Disney and put your request in before you do on-line check in. Because when you do on-line check in you CAN"T put in a request.

You need to call Disney and put your request in before you do on-line check in. Because when you do on-line check in you CAN"T put in a request.

Online check-in does allow a limited set of requests depending on the resort options. "Ground floor" and "Near transportation" are choices available during online check-in for other resorts such as Pop Century. Pop also now allows you to request specific sections during online check-in, which isn't usually applicable to AoA because of how rooms are booked there.

I don't know the specific choices available for AoA but yes there are request options available during online check-in for AoA.

The only option for AoA online check in was to request a pack n play. We called with our requests about 2 weeks ahead of time.

We stayed from September 29th and left October 7th, we had a third floor room Building 7 facing the lake, Ursula building.
What a great room, very quiet room was bigger then I expected it to be, the CM's were great they really went out of their way to help us. Got a lot of Pixie Dust this trip. It was our kids first trip and we both have not been in over 15years so it was great, very very hot. Found the walk to the food court ok, not too bad but not too short. Mousekeeping was great they gave us lots of soaps and shampoos, we had our own car, so we drove to all the parks. Long drive from Canada, I think next time we will fly. Over all I loved this resort, but I think next time I will pay to be closer to Magic Kingdom because that was were we spend most of our time, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

3Leafs said:
So excited we are checking in tonight!

Have fun! And post updates for those of us that are still 42 days from leaving! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Regarding caffeine free diet coke, looking at easywdw pics, I don't think they have it. Here's the link:
http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...u-food-seating-condiment-pictures-aka-part-2/
It looks like the Coke options are regular, diet and coke zero. I'm also a fan of the caffeine free diet coke, so I'm hoping someone else comes on to say that it's been added. :goodvibes

Thanks! Usually I'm ok w/ the regular diet coke while at the parks, but I'm going Marathon weekend and know I'll have a hard enough time falling asleep race eve w/ nerves and I can imagine what the caffine will do. :rotfl2: I'll just order online. Thanks again!

We're staying in LM and I know it will be quite a walk to get drink refills. Can we refill our refillable mugs, dump it into a separate container, then refill the mug and again dump it into another container to leave in the fridge?

Or would that be tacky? I don't see a problem with it but what do you think? I was going to bring a small rubbermaid container for beverages for that purpose.

Those who have stayed: Finding Nemo or Lion King? We're waffling. :) Anyone in the FN suites, did you find them to be affected by the pool noise?

Those who have stayed: Finding Nemo or Lion King? We're waffling. :) Anyone in the FN suites, did you find them to be affected by the pool noise?

I'm wondering the same thing and have been going back and forth for months. I have Nemo booked but I keep looking at the LK section closest to AH........

We switched to LK because we were worried about pool noise and wanted to be close to AH. We were very close but we didn't realize they would be playing the nightly movie right outside our room!!! Talk about loud.

sixkristy6 said:
We're staying in LM and I know it will be quite a walk to get drink refills. Can we refill our refillable mugs, dump it into a separate container, then refill the mug and again dump it into another container to leave in the fridge?

Or would that be tacky? I don't see a problem with it but what do you think? I was going to bring a small rubbermaid container for beverages for that purpose.

If this were the refillable mug thread we'd call this "debate." :-)

My opinion is....yeah, it's tacky.

We originally had LK and I decided to switch to FN with a pool side view lol. I'm not worried about noise and wanted to be close to everything.

Strategically the FN seemed to be the best building for access to everything.

EpcotBill said:
If you're staying at a Disney resort like AoA for instance you don't pay to park at the theme parks.

Yup. Free parking for those staying on property. I can't stand to wait around. I vacation on my own schedule. But, sometimes if our family/group splits up, some of us will take a bus here or there. Nice to have the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter