• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So loving all the reviews!!!:goodvibes
We cant wait to be there late November through December
11/28/2012 - 12/09/2012 here we come!!!

TinkandPooh said:
So loving all the reviews!!!:goodvibes
We cant wait to be there late November through December
11/28/2012 - 12/09/2012 here we come!!!

Will be there almost the same time: 12/1-12/10!

That shower alone is worth it to me. How immersive is that?!

We have 10 nights booked for October 2013 (yes, over a year away...:rolleyes1) at LM but we are going to change it to 10 nights at POFQ and add a night at AoA LM before. We will just hang out at the resort for that first day/night and take it all in. My DH just can't do a full size bed for 10 nights. I am a bit concerned that after AoA, my DD (she'll be 4 at the time) will be disappointed with POFQ. Of course, we'll be at the parks every day so that will "soften the blow" LOL.

Will be there almost the same time: 12/1-12/10!

I bet you are getting excited!!
What section will you be in? Family Suites or LM section?

We will be in a family suite however we didnt pick a section (how we had to do it to get free dining plan offer) just put our 1, 2 and 3rd choice down but to be honest with y ou any of the 3 will be fine!

TinkandPooh said:
I bet you are getting excited!!
What section will you be in? Family Suites or LM section?

We will be in a family suite however we didnt pick a section (how we had to do it to get free dining plan offer) just put our 1, 2 and 3rd choice down but to be honest with y ou any of the 3 will be fine!

We will be in LM. We booked the day they started taking resort ressies. So excited! Just gotta resist the urge to check out all of the pics that are/will be posted showing off all of LM. I want it to be a surprise! :)

We will be in LM. We booked the day they started taking resort ressies. So excited! Just gotta resist the urge to check out all of the pics that are/will be posted showing off all of LM. I want it to be a surprise! :)

I love that movie one of my all time favorites!
I couldnt help but look at alll the pictures, but for me that is ok because no matter how much I see it always looks so much better when you seeing it n person:goodvibes

Seven days? Have a wonderful time, you too, Marblies and Good Morning Dewdrop! We have to wait until late November......:faint: DeeDee2197, we have the same number of days to go!
:

Thank you! Your trip will be here before you know it. I find Fall time passes faster than Summer.

I will not look at the photos.....I will not look at the photos....must resist...only 2 more days ....I can do this.

Seriously I can't wait to see it but I'm going to listen to another poster that said to wait and be surprised in person. DD is going to be completely surprised and that I really can't wait for.

See you all Saturday morning - we're a family of 3 if you want to look out for us - dh is English (skinney and English pale), DD is 12, tan, slender with blonde hair and glasses- if she's not in her purple bathing suit she's in a dress!

You described your DD and your DH, but you forgot about yourself :)

I'm short and blonde and will be be wearing my big white sunglasses. DH is like 7 inches taller than me will probably be wearing his black oakleys and we have DD7 and DS9 who look like twins. We are not going to the parks that day, since we have a room only reservation just for the night before we go to CR.

Tomorrow is Friday, are leaving at 2pm :cheer2: I cannot wait!!! I hope check in is not crazy with everyone checking in that day. We will be arriving before 3, probably around noon.

mickeye said:
Seven days? Have a wonderful time, you too, Marblies and Good Morning Dewdrop! We have to wait until late November......:faint: DeeDee2197, we have the same number of days to go!

Thanks for the photos, JenaemmaFL, I'm really going crazy now because the bathroom looks so wonderfully magical! We have 73 days left and I better work faster on our trip shirts! :artist:

I still feel like it is so far away, but I know it will be here before we know it!!!

Thanks for sharing!!! Love it!! 7 more days for us!! Very excited after seeing these LM pics! What section were you in? What is the better building number for little mermaid?

The 7 and 9 buildings in LM are a little closer to Animation Hall than building 8.

Hi All!

Thanks everyone for sharing all the pictures and good reviews on the AoA. My family (DH, Me and DD will be 4) is currently booked for a LM room in January 2013. :banana: This is our first time going as a family and of course DD and I are super stoked! DH on the other hand.... but will go with the flow for his little girl.

Anyways, I wanted to know what other people would do IF a free dining plan was offered (and I have no idea if it will even be offered but I wanted to be prepared in case it is):

Would you move to a moderate to get the free dining or stay at LM with the dining plan paid?

To some this might be a "no brainer" but i'm so confused and clueless and such a newbie that maybe i'm overthinking everything. :crazy2: I just think my daughter may love the scenary more than the space and coffee maker at a moderate. :confused3

Tina

Hi All!

Thanks everyone for sharing all the pictures and good reviews on the AoA. My family (DH, Me and DD will be 4) is currently booked for a LM room in January 2013. :banana: This is our first time going as a family and of course DD and I are super stoked! DH on the other hand.... but will go with the flow for his little girl.

Anyways, I wanted to know what other people would do IF a free dining plan was offered (and I have no idea if it will even be offered but I wanted to be prepared in case it is):

Would you move to a moderate to get the free dining or stay at LM with the dining plan paid?

To some this might be a "no brainer" but i'm so confused and clueless and such a newbie that maybe i'm overthinking everything. :crazy2: I just think my daughter may love the scenary more than the space and coffee maker at a moderate. :confused3

Tina

Free dining is not always the best discount. If you opt for free dining, you can pay an upgrade fee at AoA if you want the Regular plan and that would probably be less expensive than moving up to a moderate. With that being said, IF I had a 4 years old daughter, I would stay in the LM rooms ar AoA, because she would love the theming more there.

So if there is a free dining promotion released during your trip dates, we can expect value resorts will be included with the quick service dining plan offered as free. With that package you have the option of paying the difference to upgrade to the regular dining plan if you want. You don't need to upgrade from value to moderate to get some kind of free dining.

If you're anticipating that LM rooms won't be included in free dining...they may or may not be. There's no way to know right now if they will be excluded or not. It all depends on if they need to fill the rooms.

For the 2012 offers, LM rooms were available for the Aug/Sep free dining promotion, many individuals (including myself) got personal free dining PINs where LM free dining could be booked for Oct/Nov/Dec, but then when the public Oct/Nov/Dec offer was released, LM rooms were excluded. Anyway, the point is, IF a Jan 2013 free dining offer is released you may still be able to get quick service free dining in a LM room.

Hello all!!! Loving the thread so far :goodvibes
I have a question about bed rails... when should I request it? And do they usually give you one or two? (like for each side of the bed?) TIA

You guys are so welcome! You guys are going to be over the moon (or under the sea, haha) with the LM. I was truly, truly impressed. That bathroom was out of this world. My daughter did not want to get out of the tub, that is for sure. I am not sure I understand why people are saying they are not impressed with it. Maybe they should take a break and desensitize themselves, from all things Disney for a brief stint..I don't know. Anyone that can stand there, gazing at the wonderment I saw before me, and say they are not impressed? Boggles my mind :confused3 but oh, well...leaves less crowds for us! :thumbsup2

I don't think the disappointment was actually about LM as much as FN and Cars was SO themed and had lots of stuff and LM is pretty on par with every other value as far as extras and it was just sort of normal compared to the suites areas.

So do they show movies at night at each section or just Lk and Nemo?

What time do they start usually?

bookgirl said:
I don't think the disappointment was actually about LM as much as FN and Cars was SO themed and had lots of stuff and LM is pretty on par with every other value as far as extras and it was just sort of normal compared to the suites areas.

That's pretty much how we felt about the Lion King section. I thought LM looked wonderful compared to LK.

candeeapril said:

They show the movies at Big Blue only -- they started at 8 when I was there in August.

They show the movies at Big Blue only -- they started at 8 when I was there in August.

lionking.jpg

Hope this picture helps.

We returned on 9/11. Every night we were there, the movies were shown in the Lion King Section. I'm not sure about the time; it was printed in the guide we received along with the schedule of what was showing each night. Found the schedule:
movieschedule.jpg

I actually like the LM rooms, they are super cute and more fun than a regular All Stars room, which is what I was expecting. We would stay there in a heartbeat (and I am a hotel snob), but honestly the distance of the rooms puts us off. At the end of the day, the last thing we want to do is take a half mile hike to our room. Its also a pain just for grabbing a refill too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter