Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm ... I keep waffling on LK vs. Nemo. Others here have said the noise actually in the rooms isn't noticeable, but some do. Decisions, decisions!

Those who've stayed in FN rooms, what area would you recommend?

I think I'm going to request a room on the backside of the FN buildings....not the poolside. Although I also want to be as close to the food court as possible....just not facing the pool.

jimandami said:
We order from Garden Grocer. You just go to the website and choose your order and then choose your delivery date. Great service!

Do they deliver to the suite? And ehat if we aren't in the room at the time?

We order from Garden Grocer. You just go to the website and choose your order and then choose your delivery date. Great service!

how much is the delivery charge?? is it a flat rate of based on how much you order??

how much is the delivery charge?? is it a flat rate of based on how much you order??

"Yes, $40 minimum order for products listed on our website with only a $12.00 delivery charge. No delivery charge for deliveries of over $200 of products listed on our website."

Looking at November 2013 and we would like a LK Suite. Not exactly sure on dates yet so that is my delay. Definitely post Jersey week and pre Thanksgiving. Should I be trying to nail down dates?

Just got off the phone with a CM who insisted LM did not have connecting rooms :confused3 He put us on hold quite a while after I questioned it and confirmed it. So I couldn't even request it. Did I lose my mind? They do have connecting rooms, right?

Went ahead and booked two rooms anyway. I know they can't guarantee them so maybe that's where the confusion came in? I know they'll be next to each other (or at least I have never had a problem getting rooms next to each other) so I am not too worried. Connecting would have been nice with only 2 adults and 5 kids though.

Wonder if I could call back and get someone else who will add the request....

We are coming to AoA next November (just booked a couple of days ago!) we are staying in LM.
When I look at the map it shows the car park runs along side the resort so does that mean that we can just park our car up near our room and just cut through to our room or do we still have to walk through reception?

Distance makes no difference for me personally but I was just thinking it would be handy for the kiddies who would be tired after a long day at the parks.

Yes, once you are checked in you can park close to the LM section.

If you are going to get a car anyway that may make things more convenient for you.

so you really wouldn't stay there again Pinkerbell? Any other issues that you had that you can share? We are staying there in April and just want a heads up. I won't switch resorts now, waffled back and forth long enough. I won't mind the walk, my boys are old enough to make the trek. In fact older DS will be using the Jogging path around the lake to keep up with his running.

We requested adjoining rooms for our sat at LM in March and had no problem. It even states in our reservation print out "Adjoining rooms requested." I would call back.

Just got off the phone with a CM who insisted LM did not have connecting rooms :confused3 He put us on hold quite a while after I questioned it and confirmed it. So I couldn't even request it. Did I lose my mind? They do have connecting rooms, right?

Went ahead and booked two rooms anyway. I know they can't guarantee them so maybe that's where the confusion came in? I know they'll be next to each other (or at least I have never had a problem getting rooms next to each other) so I am not too worried. Connecting would have been nice with only 2 adults and 5 kids though.

Wonder if I could call back and get someone else who will add the request....

We requested adjoining rooms for our sat at LM in March and had no problem. It even states in our reservation print out "Adjoining rooms requested." I would call back.

Right. We got the adjoining rooms requested, but I understand that Disney sees adjoining as being next to each other whereas "connecting" means they will have the doors to access each other.

I did call back and she said they just have the "adjoining" option, but to call them closer to time to see about the connecting.

Anyway, like I said not too worried because I know we'll get them next to each other AND more importantly, we're booked for another trip!!!! :dance3:

We had connecting rooms on the requests for all 3 rooms last month. We ended up being connected in two of them (one was a King size the other 2 double) which was fun because it was with my parents and the kids could run back and forth. Unfortunately (well maybe :lmao:) the inlaws ended up down the hall and around the corner. We told them to contact the front desk to see about moving but they never did so I let it go. I was surprised to get the request and have us connected with my parents.
We did all end up in the same building and on the same floor at least.

This was mentioned above, but I wanted to emphasize the difference between the terms adjoining and connecting.

adjoining = rooms next to/near each other
connecting = rooms with an interior door to allow you to pass between the two rooms

With adjoining you may simply want to be near others in your party. With connecting you need two rooms where you can pass between rooms without stepping outside.

I've just read the majority of these pages..... so first off I want to say thanks for all the valuable info and pictures. :thumbsup2

All being well we will be stopping in AoA next September. As soon as I heard they were doing a LM section I have been dying to stop there. Just got to get my holidays cleared at work so we can go ahead and book. If someones beat me to those weeks off so help them.....lol. :hyper::hyper:

My only worry is..... I feel bad for cheating on POP. :worried:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter