Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the link!

regarding motion controlled A/C - we've found having a balloon in the room keeps the A/C going at night.

most (if not all) Disney resorts are motion controlled.
The ballon trick has worked every time.

The balloon is an awesome idea!! I am going to bring a few with us. You are talking about a regular balloon right? Not helium? If I bring a balloon and some ribbon, I could blow it up and leave it on a chair or something. I don't know how much it will move at night though.

sixkristy6 said:
The balloon is an awesome idea!! I am going to bring a few with us. You are talking about a regular balloon right? Not helium? If I bring a balloon and some ribbon, I could blow it up and leave it on a chair or something. I don't know how much it will move at night though.

I would assume a helium balloon. How could a dangling air filled one move around enough to cause the motion sensor to detect it? The helium one would blow with the a/c being dispensed. Of course, I could be wrong, but that seems to make more sense to me?

I saw someone had asked about the drawer space... Can't seem to find it now! (forgive me, I'm on the app and it's confusing me! Haha) but in case anyone is still wondering...
Personally for two of us, not enough drawer space. Lots of space for hanging clothes but not enough hangers. I would have liked to bring some cheap hangers and hang most of our clothes.
It is nice to have a fridge though :)

Just timed my walk from my room inbuilding 9 to animation hall (through lion king section)and ittook me 4 minutes.really not bad!no issues with temp in room at all staying very cool.no issues with bus last nightfrom Hollywood studios even leavint right after fa tasmic.walked right onto bus!!no issues with busses to parks either.

love the look of the resort but those small beds and lack of drawer space will not work for our family of 3. Need good nights sleep when doing Disney! Back to Port Orleans we go, but will definitely visit the grounds.

I saw someone had asked about the drawer space... Can't seem to find it now! (forgive me, I'm on the app and it's confusing me! Haha) but in case anyone is still wondering...
Personally for two of us, not enough drawer space. Lots of space for hanging clothes but not enough hangers. I would have liked to bring some cheap hangers and hang most of our clothes.

Thanks! Its just DH and I but I was still concerned it wouldn't be enough space. I think I might just go to the dollar store and get some cheap hangers or a storage space saver thing if I can find them. I dont want to take up too much room in my suitcase so I might just go with the hangers. :)

Thanks! Its just DH and I but I was still concerned it wouldn't be enough space. I think I might just go to the dollar store and get some cheap hangers or a storage space saver thing if I can find them. I dont want to take up too much room in my suitcase so I might just go with the hangers. :)

you can always ask housekeeping for more hangers!

Winue said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sixkristy6

I would assume a helium balloon. How could a dangling air filled one move around enough to cause the motion sensor to detect it? The helium one would blow with the a/c being dispensed. Of course, I could be wrong, but that seems to make more sense to me?

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure how long one would last.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Can anyone please tell me if there is room for a roll away bed in the LM section? It's not like we're trying to sneak an extra person into our room. We only have three adults, but because of a sudden medical problem I need to sleep alone and the other two aren't able to sleep in just a double bed (queen sized maybe, but not double). Thanks. This is very important to me. :worried:
Thanks for all of the info that's coming thru; hope you're all having good weather and lots of fun!

The info for Pop Century is that rollaway beds are available, so perhaps we can assume the same for the LM rooms at AoA.

House keeping will give you more hangers.

disneyholic family said:
thanks for the link!

regarding motion controlled A/C - we've found having a balloon in the room keeps the A/C going at night.

most (if not all) Disney resorts are motion controlled.
The ballon trick has worked every time.

OMG!! I would never have thought of the balloon idea...awesome! Writing that one down.

There is also a way to override the sensor! If you press the power button and down arrow button at the same time, it will show "BP" on the thermostat, and the sensor will be bypassed.

There is also a way to override the sensor! If you press the power button and down arrow button at the same time, it will show "BP" on the thermostat, and the sensor will be bypassed.

Great hint - thanks for sharing. Seems a lot easier than a balloon.
:thumbsup2

Well, after seeing the LM rooms pics on Allears, I've jumped ship from POFQ to AofA. The rooms are so cute. It'll be just DH & I so the smaller room won't be an issue. I'm so looking forward to it. C'mon February!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter