Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going in April and we are beyond excited!! I have a couple questions though

1. Is there any kind of sound machine in the room?
2. How are the buses to Dtd and back? Is it a shared Bus to Dtd or just for AOA?
3. In the LM rooms is there room for a twin air mattress?

We will be there this week and we also rented a crib from ABBF. I will report back how well the crib fits in the suite.

pisc0011 said:
We are going in April and we are beyond excited!! I have a couple questions though

1. Is there any kind of sound machine in the room?
2. How are the buses to Dtd and back? Is it a shared Bus to Dtd or just for AOA?
3. In the LM rooms is there room for a twin air mattress?

1. No sound machine that I know of.
2. We didn't wait long for a bus to or from DTD, but we went in the off season. AoA doesn't share a bus with any other resort.
3. Can't answer this from personal experience, but based on what others have said, fitting one will be a pretty tight squeeze.

Will there be enough room in the FN in the bedroom for a full size crib? I just rented one from ABBF for our trip to Disney.

Yes. We put the crib that we rented from ABBF right against the bed and there was still room left to access the master bath. Here's a pic to give you a visual.

SAM_0359_zps8b190975.jpg

We are leaving in less than a week, and after reading through the thread a couple of questions have come up. We are booked in a LM room.

1. Requesting a King size bed. I understood that the rooms have two full size and DH and I are already worried about how well we will sleep on that tiny bed. I saw a post where someone said you can request a king sixe bed in the LM room - so can we request a King size bed for the LM room?

2. A little nervous about what building we will be in, and what our view will be. From someone who has already stayed, should I put in a request for a certain building or view?

3. I did not think the LM rooms had a coffee maker, only the suites, is that correct?

This is our first time staying on property and DH has already been grousing about the extra costs, lack of space, etc. etc. So I want to try to make this as magical as possible (at least so I don't have to listen to him go on:rotfl: ) Thank you all in advance!

We are leaving in less than a week, and after reading through the thread a couple of questions have come up. We are booked in a LM room.

1. Requesting a King size bed. I understood that the rooms have two full size and DH and I are already worried about how well we will sleep on that tiny bed. I saw a post where someone said you can request a king sixe bed in the LM room - so can we request a King size bed for the LM room?

2. A little nervous about what building we will be in, and what our view will be. From someone who has already stayed, should I put in a request for a certain building or view?

3. I did not think the LM rooms had a coffee maker, only the suites, is that correct?

Sounds like you already figured out that the LM rooms with a king size bed contain only one bed. :)

If your priority is a view, then you can consider requesting a lake view room in building 7. Out the window would be Hourglass Lake and Pop Century. Keep in mind that all the windows at LM face the exterior walkway first, so the view is beyond that.

The LM rooms do not have a coffee maker.

Kings are for 1or 2 people only. You can not have the king size bed for more than 2 people--reservations will not accept it and if it is requested they will not give it to you on arrival.

My dd fell in love with AoA last year. We spent the afternoon wandering a round last summer. Well i bit the bullet and booked 5 days this summer. More then I wanted to spend but the numbers of kids going has increased...so I suite is more then worth it....

I think I'll surprise her since we are driving this year she won't know until we pull up.....can't wait.

sunnydays28 said:
Kings are for 1or 2 people only. You can not have the king size bed for more than 2 people--reservations will not accept it and if it is requested they will not give it to you on arrival.

My sister got a king bed at POP with a roll away bed. There were 3 adults in the room. My aunt, grandma, and sister.

Rollaways are no longer allowed at the moderates now that they have gone to queen sized beds. The queens take up the allowed space for exiting the room.

Deluxes often allow rollaways because they room is bigger and the allowed room capacity is larger.

Values can sleep up to 4 and with the double beds there is room to have one while still leaving room to walk around them.

However they may have gotten a rollaway/king combo because they ran out of double rooms so the resort fixed it by offering a king with a rollaway instead of the standard 2 beds or because the king room had enough space to accomadate the rollaway with out impeading pathways to the exit. But I can't remember if it is an option when reserving.

Rollaways has always been on a first come basis so I think they discourage the practice.

You should probably call and ask, I don't think the website will give you enough options or explanations.

However they may have gotten a rollaway/king combo because they ran out of double rooms so the resort fixed it by offering a king with a rollaway instead of the standard 2 beds or because the king room had enough space to accomadate the rollaway with out impeading pathways to the exit. But I can't remember if it is an option when reserving.

You can't reserve a king size bed room at AoA or other value resorts - they are by request.

CBR still has double beds.

Hmm, didn't realize they had not made the switch when the others did. I have't stayed there and don't want to so I'm never on thier threads or info page.

Bet you could still request a rollaway there then.

Maybe things have changed, but a few years ago my sister and her family were at ASMusic. They had two teens (boy and girl) and got a roll away. She and her dh had one bed, teen daughter the other, and teen son on the roll away. Having said that, she said they would never again squeeze a roll away in a value room!

bookgirl said:
Rollaways are no longer allowed at the moderates now that they have gone to queen sized beds. The queens take up the allowed space for exiting the room.

Deluxes often allow rollaways because they room is bigger and the allowed room capacity is larger.

Values can sleep up to 4 and with the double beds there is room to have one while still leaving room to walk around them.

Rollaways has always been on a first come basis so I think they discourage the practice.

You should probably call and ask, I don't think the website will give you enough options or explanations.

It was out of the way. There was plenty of room to walk around and easy access to the exit. Maybe cause it was an accessable room is why there was more space. My aunt had to use her walker cause she just had knee replacement surgery.

I am so excited that I just booked our trip for June. We will be staying at the AoA in a Lion King family suite. Is it true that some of the masters bedrooms have king beds? And what are the pool hours?

We just got back from AoA and loved it! The Cars suite was awesome and the resort itself is amazing. I think my kids were just as amazed by the resort as they were by the parks. The resort definitely helped to make our trip very magical! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter