Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the room numbers for the dedicated 2 bedrooms with savanna view in Kidani Village? We are looking for a room close to lobby and elevator but not right next to elevator (we want it a little quiet).

At the request of my children, we are going back to AKL!!! It's been 4+ yrs since our last stay there at Kidani and I am so excited.

We have a savanna view room with bunk beds booked at Jambo House.

Does anyone know which savanna these rooms face? Should I request one particular savanna?

And a separate question... The concierge level isn't that much more but it doesn't seem like you can guarantee a request for bunk beds. We are traveling in early March, if that matters. Is it worth the risk? How likely is it to get the bunk beds?

One more question... For the Wanyama Safari, is there any leeway on the age requirement? Three of us would be old enough but my youngest will be just shy of 5 (well under the 8 yr old requirement), but she would love both the safari and Jiko (for which we already have a separate ressie). I am guessing the answer would be no, but thought I'd ask!

TIA!

Hi. We are staying club currently and got bunk bed and double bed as per request. It wasn't guaranteed.
I think club is so worth doing if the price difference isn't much more- breakfast is amazing, turn down is nice, DVD player good for kids and drinks/ snacks and food all day is a lovely perk. Have a great trip.

Hi. We are staying club currently and got bunk bed and double bed as per request. It wasn't guaranteed.
I think club is so worth doing if the price difference isn't much more- breakfast is amazing, turn down is nice, DVD player good for kids and drinks/ snacks and food all day is a lovely perk. Have a great trip.

Thanks so much! It's a tough debate for us since bunk beds would really make it a nicer stay for us and the kidlets.

It sounds like you're enjoying it! Have a great rest of your trip!

i have read in places about cl having mimosas. Have you seen any?

Hope the rest of your stay is awesome.

do you see a lot of the animals when you stay in the savanna view, ????? my daughter loves the animals and I want to surprise her with staying at her favorite resort, what kind of animals can we see from our room?:cutie:

My parents decided on last minute to join us at AKL Lodge with our kids Feb 13. I had rented a timeshare and got Jumbo House. They just rented a place at Kidani. They want to know if they can request a room at Jumbo. We both have standard view studio. I suspect the answer is no.

Dad has medical issues with his feet with walking/standing. He is too stubborn to get any assisted devices and will just deal with the pain. Is Kidani a better option for less walking? We are taking the bus. I am thinking he gets the 1st crack at sitting for the bus at Kidani.

Thanks!

My parents decided on last minute to join us at AKL Lodge with our kids Feb 13. I had rented a timeshare and got Jumbo House. They just rented a place at Kidani. They want to know if they can request a room at Jumbo. We both have standard view studio. I suspect the answer is no.

Dad has medical issues with his feet with walking/standing. He is too stubborn to get any assisted devices and will just deal with the pain. Is Kidani a better option for less walking? We are taking the bus. I am thinking he gets the 1st crack at sitting for the bus at Kidani.

Thanks!

Kidani and Jambo are separate booking categories and unfortunately you cannot request to be in Jambo if you have booked at Kidani. Make sure your dad's room request indicates a request to be close to transportation/close to lobby as the Kidani hallways are very very long.

Different guests have experienced different arrangements with bus pickups - sometimes Kidani and Jambo each have dedicated buses so your mileage may vary with the bus pickups. (Meaning don't despair that the bus would always be full at Jambo).

Kidani and Jambo are separate booking categories and unfortunately you cannot request to be in Jambo if you have booked at Kidani. Make sure your dad's room request indicates a request to be close to transportation/close to lobby as the Kidani hallways are very very long.

Different guests have experienced different arrangements with bus pickups - sometimes Kidani and Jambo each have dedicated buses so your mileage may vary with the bus pickups. (Meaning don't despair that the bus would always be full at Jambo).

Much appreciated.

Oh my god this day is going by so slow :snail:, I wish I took this whole week off also! I'm just counting down till Thursday, I leave at 10AM to get some stuff done and then we hit the road at 4AM on Friday.

This will be out first Deluxe stay (and probably not the last as we are looking into Disney Vacation Club) and can't wait to be at AKL.

Well after over a year of planning with the help of this website, I can't believe we leave Friday for my family's first trip to Disney World! We are renting points to stay in a JH studio and I was wondering if anyone here could answer a couple questions:
1. What kind of coffee makers are in the DVC studios? More importantly, what kind of filters do we need to bring? DH NEEDS his coffee in the morning.
2. What days do they usually do the 3:45 "culinary tour"? We would love to do this when we get there on Saturday, but no days are listed on the activity guide.
3. We are ordering some room "groceries" from amazon prime now (avoiding the inflated garden grocer prices), but will have to stop somewhere to pick up beer and fruit - is there a good grocery/liquor store near the entrance to WDW property? Recommendations of where to stop? We are driving from Ohio.

I called what I thought was the front desk today to ask the first 2 questions, and boy what a nightmare. It connected me to resort services, NOT the AKL desk. Well, the first lady said that the coffee maker was a single-serve cuisinart, so we would need to use the pods - does that sound correct? Not sure I should trust that, as she was convinced that I would need to make reservations for the culinary tour with dining and transferred me there. After 10 minutes on hold, the lady THERE transferred me somewhere ELSE, and THAT lady couldn't figure out what tour I was talking about either until I told her to look at the AKL activity guide. Then I was on hold AGAIN for who knows how long while she tried to find an answer...I finally asked if we could just contact the AKL front desk, and she said NO, she had been trying to but apparently there is "no direct line to AKL". What the...?!!! Really shocking how clueless these phone people are for a big company like Disney.

Well after over a year of planning with the help of this website, I can't believe we leave Friday for my family's first trip to Disney World! We are renting points to stay in a JH studio and I was wondering if anyone here could answer a couple questions:
1. What kind of coffee makers are in the DVC studios? More importantly, what kind of filters do we need to bring? DH NEEDS his coffee in the morning.
2. What days do they usually do the 3:45 "culinary tour"? We would love to do this when we get there on Saturday, but no days are listed on the activity guide.
3. We are ordering some room "groceries" from amazon prime now (avoiding the inflated garden grocer prices), but will have to stop somewhere to pick up beer and fruit - is there a good grocery/liquor store near the entrance to WDW property? Recommendations of where to stop? We are driving from Ohio.

I called what I thought was the front desk today to ask the first 2 questions, and boy what a nightmare. It connected me to resort services, NOT the AKL desk. Well, the first lady said that the coffee maker was a single-serve cuisinart, so we would need to use the pods - does that sound correct? Not sure I should trust that, as she was convinced that I would need to make reservations for the culinary tour with dining and transferred me there. After 10 minutes on hold, the lady THERE transferred me somewhere ELSE, and THAT lady couldn't figure out what tour I was talking about either until I told her to look at the AKL activity guide. Then I was on hold AGAIN for who knows how long while she tried to find an answer...I finally asked if we could just contact the AKL front desk, and she said NO, she had been trying to but apparently there is "no direct line to AKL". What the...?!!! Really shocking how clueless these phone people are for a big company like Disney.

If you don't get an answer about the coffee pot from here soon, try the DVC board. The DVC owners are very helpful. We stayed in a DVC 1 BDRM in Jambo, and it had a normal, full size coffee pot. The room was stocked with a couple of full-pot coffee pods, but we also brought our own coffee and filters and they worked great. I have not been in a studio, though.

Sorry, can't help with the tour, either. This is the first I've heard of it, so now I must investigate!

Twilight Sparkle I think I first learned about the culinary tour here...it's free and you get to try samples, mostly from boma but it ends at jiko. it is listed on their activities calendar for October but not which days it is offered.

Twilight Sparkle I think I first learned about the culinary tour here...it's free and you get to try samples, mostly from boma but it ends at jiko. it is listed on their activities calendar for October but not which days it is offered.

Thanks so much! Sounds great!

COscrapper, I did some looking around and found two blog articles that mention meeting at Boma at 4pm daily, no reservations taken - just show up. One blog post was from a few years ago, but listed (407) 938-3000 as the number to call to confirm the schedule. Both articles make the tour sound worth doing. My family loves learning about other cultures, so we'll have to add this to our trip schedule. Thanks for bringing it up!

Hooray! You're so close!

If memory serves (and I did a google image search to corroborate the memory haha) they are full size, basket filter coffee pots. We did a Jambo studio cash reservation earlier this year and I recall being super pleased that we had the full size pot.

Have a wonderful trip!

I have a couple real quick questions.

1) Do we need to get anything to put in our car to show were staying there to stay parked the whole trip?

2) Can we just pull up to the front and leave luggage with bell services when we arrive and not do valet parking?

3) I assume there's just the large parking lot in front and we can park anywhere right?

Sorry we usually fly and decided to start driving now.

I have a couple real quick questions.

1) Do we need to get anything to put in our car to show were staying there to stay parked the whole trip?

2) Can we just pull up to the front and leave luggage with bell services when we arrive and not do valet parking?

3) I assume there's just the large parking lot in front and we can park anywhere right?

Sorry we usually fly and decided to start driving now.
1. No
2. Yes
3. Anywhere except CM lot (which I'm sure you know)

Have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter