Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those who have stayed at AK before!

DH and I have an ADR at Sanaa at 6:40pm and we have DS booked at Simba's clubhouse at 6:15pm. Is that enough time for us to drop him off and get to the restaurant?

Thanks!

That should be absolutely fine. They do have a shuttle between Jambo House and Kidani and even if you walk, you should make it in plenty of time.

Corinna

Well,our family had to do a late resort change. We were booked at CBR and for some reason it just did not feel like a good choice to me. So after some tough decision making, we (or I should say me) decided on Animal Kingdom. It will be our first time staying here. Have stayed Wilderness Lodge numerous times but thought AKL would be a fun choice. Arrive Dec 23-30

DH and I have an ADR at Sanaa at 6:40pm and we have DS booked at Simba's clubhouse at 6:15pm. Is that enough time for us to drop him off and get to the restaurant?

Thanks!

It's plenty of time. The shuttle runs about every 10 minutes between Jambo and Kidani.

Thanks!
....ABSOLUTELY! You could probably walk there [from Jambo House] in 15 minutes....

That should be absolutely fine. They do have a shuttle between Jambo House and Kidani and even if you walk, you should make it in plenty of time.

Corinna

It's plenty of time. The shuttle runs about every 10 minutes between Jambo and Kidani.

....ABSOLUTELY! You could probably walk there [from Jambo House] in 15 minutes....

Thank you everyone, that is one less thing I will worry about!

I just booked AKL for January 2016. Planning on taking DH to Jiko one night for dinner, I got my ADR for it. We have two boys 9 and 6 and we were planning on taking them to Simba's cub camp for 2-3 hours while we are at dinner. We have been to disney 2 other times with the kids but never did a kids club. I know my boys would not want to sit for the dinner nor would they like the food.

My questions, do you think they would like the club? If it is some fun activities and it is something kids enjoy I will take them there. If the opinion is that it is basically just a babysitting service we would just cancel the dinner and do something else. I only want to do it if it is something they would enjoy. Also, how long do you have to reserve the kids club in advance? thanks!
Could you take the 9 year old to Jiko? My DD LVOED it at that age.

I just booked AKL for January 2016. Planning on taking DH to Jiko one night for dinner, I got my ADR for it. We have two boys 9 and 6 and we were planning on taking them to Simba's cub camp for 2-3 hours while we are at dinner. We have been to disney 2 other times with the kids but never did a kids club. I know my boys would not want to sit for the dinner nor would they like the food.

My questions, do you think they would like the club? If it is some fun activities and it is something kids enjoy I will take them there. If the opinion is that it is basically just a babysitting service we would just cancel the dinner and do something else. I only want to do it if it is something they would enjoy. Also, how long do you have to reserve the kids club in advance? thanks!

It might be a bit different between DL and WDW but we have sent DS to Pinocchio's Workshop at the Grand Californian twice, once at 9 and then again at 10. He really enjoyed it both times, they have movies, video games and lots of activities for the kids to do.

I would like to keep them together, the dinner is for dh and I to get some time alone to relax for a couple hours and the for kids to get some down time but still have a little fun.

I have a question about online-check in. Our 60 day mark is Thursday (yay!) and we rented DVC points for Kidani. I already emailed the person we rented from our room requests which she submitted, so for online check-in do I mark anything? And if I do make requests, will it override the requests she already sent it? Will it even give me options since we rented points? I'm debating on if we even need/want to check in early. :crazy2:

I have a question about online-check in. Our 60 day mark is Thursday (yay!) and we rented DVC points for Kidani. I already emailed the person we rented from our room requests which she submitted, so for online check-in do I mark anything?

Skip the room request section since you've already had your requests noted.

And if I do make requests, will it override the requests she already sent it?

Most likely not, but nobody can say with any certainty.

Will it even give me options since we rented points?

Yup.

I'm debating on if we even need/want to check in early. :crazy2:

You don't need to, but we like to as it usually speeds up the process when we arrive. And there's also the possibility you could receive a text with your room number, Skip The Front Desk all together and go directly to your room.

What do you all enjoy doing at AKL on rainy afternoons? I had pictured sun and pool and animal watching with a glass of wine around sunset... but rain in the afternoons while I'm there is becoming a distinct possibility and I'd love some suggestions on making the most of an afternoon park break at AKL on a rainy day! (for 2 adult friends, no kids)

What do you all enjoy doing at AKL on rainy afternoons? I had pictured sun and pool and animal watching with a glass of wine around sunset... but rain in the afternoons while I'm there is becoming a distinct possibility and I'd love some suggestions on making the most of an afternoon park break at AKL on a rainy day! (for 2 adult friends, no kids)

Rainy days IN the parks are the best days. Lower crowds, cooler temps, etc. Buy a couple of cheap ponchos from a $1 store and bring them with you and enjoy the parks. Save the afternoon park breaks for the days with better weather.

Just my opinion.

Because work was definitely not fun today, I'm focusing on my January 2018 trip (why yes, I do like to plan early). I want to stay at AKL. I'll be using DVC points (note that AKL is not my home resort) and taking another family with us (total of 6 persons). I seem to get conflicting information when I go to do my research about the room types/locations. I was wondering if you guys could answer the following:

1. A 1-bedroom sleeps 5, at most? Is this correct?

2. Concierge rooms (yes, I'm aware it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for me to grab concierge rooms at 7 months) are located only on floors 5 and 6 in Jambo House? Does this go for all studios, 1-bedrooms, and 2 bedrooms?

3. I've read that the rooms in #2 do not have great views (even Savanna view rooms). Is this the case?

4. What about 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms in Kidani? What are their views like?

5. How hard is it to get non-concierge, savannah view, studios at 7 months?

Thanks in advance guys!

We are coming at the end of Jan and have a queen w/bunk room, with a pool view, what requests should I make if we want to be close to the buses?

Thanks dansdad! Tonight's the night so I will take a look at it! I like the convenience of it, especially since we will be in early and it would be nice to have our room number texted to us, but I also think it would be fun to have that experience of checking into the hotel :P

We're also two adults and were there last week and experienced some rain. We were in a DVC studio and had a view of the savannah, so we ordered room service and sat on the balcony. We also had a drink at the Victoria Falls lounge. You can walk to the Mara on a covered walkway as well. There's a few rocking chairs in covered or indoor areas where you can view the savannah.

We are coming at the end of Jan and have a queen w/bunk room, with a pool view, what requests should I make if we want to be close to the buses?

I would say request a room near the lobby and/or elevators. I'm not sure if there was another way to access the bus stop at Jambo House, but we would exit through the main door in the lobby, hang a left, and follow the sidewalk down to the bus stop. Same on the way back. Our room was at the end of a very long hallway, so it would have saved us time if we were closer to the lobby.

1. A 1-bedroom sleeps 5, at most? Is this correct?

2. Concierge rooms (yes, I'm aware it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for me to grab concierge rooms at 7 months) are located only on floors 5 and 6 in Jambo House? Does this go for all studios, 1-bedrooms, and 2 bedrooms?

3. I've read that the rooms in #2 do not have great views (even Savanna view rooms). Is this the case?

4. What about 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms in Kidani? What are their views like?

5. How hard is it to get non-concierge, savannah view, studios at 7 months?

Thanks in advance guys!
1. All of the AKV 1 br.s sleep 5 except the value 1 br.s which sleep 4.
2. & 3. Concierge villas are located on the 6th floor at Jambo which is also the floor that the lounge is on. The rest of the DVC villas at Jambo are located on the 5th floor. Can't answer about DVC concierge views as even though I own there I've never been able to get a concierge villa. Regular cash concierge rooms are located on the 4th floor (I think) and unlike the DVC concierge villas up on the 6th floor the cash club rooms do get good Arusha views.
4. I'm no expert on Kidani views (preferring Jambo) but the savanna views are either Sunset (the biggest savanna at AKL) or Pembe (the smallest savanna at AKL.) Unlike Jambo, at Kidani you can be on a lower floor if you prefer the eye level with a giraffe type view.
5. Re: availability at 7 months, depends on when you are going - but generally savanna view studios at Kidani should be available except during high DVC demand times. Jambo's a bit more challenging because there are fewer villas compared to Kidani.

Well,our family had to do a late resort change. We were booked at CBR and for some reason it just did not feel like a good choice to me. So after some tough decision making, we (or I should say me) decided on Animal Kingdom. It will be our first time staying here. Have stayed Wilderness Lodge numerous times but thought AKL would be a fun choice. Arrive Dec 23-30
December

RobynPrincess, Nov 26th – 9th, AKL

Okh, Nov 30th - 7th, AKL

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th, Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

GeorgieGrrl, 5th - 9th, AKL

Sndral, 5th – 10th, Jambo House

Happy_2_B, 6th - 15th, AKL CL

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

PrincessHeather92, 12th - 18th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

LvsTnk, 12th - 22nd, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

McgrathMom2, 16th - 20th, AKL

PNO4TE, 20th - 23rd, POFQ

Sbeets, 20th - 26th, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

Tydad, 23rd - 30th, AKL

Chrisc88, 24th – 27th, AKL

IceSkatingPrincess, 26th - 28th, AKL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter