• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were finally able to get our reservation! 2 BR villa at Kidani May 30-June 6th. Please add us to the list :thumbsup2

Our first time at AKL.

All, I will be going on vacation and will not have internet for 2.5 weeks. So I will not be able to update the "list". I will take care of it upon my return.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2014

December
saysib, Nov 28th-12th, AKL
NaughtyQueen, Nov 30th – 6th, AKL
mmafan, 1st - 10th, AKL
Miranda, 2nd – 8th, AKL
BLTLDZ, 3rd – 8th, AKL
jce2, 3rd – 10th, AKL
Cincystamper, 3rd – 14th, AKL
Emilyclaire, 4th – 10th, AKL
Geminierin, 4th – 10th, AKL
ItsOnlyMoney, 4th – 13th, AKL
Andrea464, 5th – 9th, AKL
Abbydancer, 6th – 15th, Kidani
DevonsDisneyMom, 7th-12th, AKL
disney2014plan, 10th -14th, AKL
tiggrbaby, 11th – 14th, POP
LvsTnk, 13th – 22nd, AKL
Cruzergirl, 14th – 22nd, Jambo House
jcjen519, 14th – 23rd, AKV CL
krismanda, 16th – 23rd, AKL
RachelTori, 20th – 26th, BCV
Courtneybeth, 21st – 27th, AKV

January
Sndral, 1st – 11th, AKL
Mama Steph, 2nd – 6th, AKL
DINKaAtDisney, 9th – 13th, AKL
Mariethecat, 17th – 24th, AKL
Ted in Halifax, 17th – Feb 2nd, AKL
C2disney, 20th – 24th, AKL
ssmurphy28, 21st – 31st, AKL
tlovesdis, 22nd – 27th, AKL
suemom2kay, 24th –31st, Kidani
hdrolfe, 30th – feb 8th, AKL

February
hdrolfe, Jan 30th – 8th, AKL
Victoriasmom98, 4th – 9th, Kidani
CookieandOatmeal, 14th – 16th, AKL Honeymoon
Sherrkel, 19th – 28th, AKL
Jeniie, 25th – Mar 10th, AKL Jambo

March
Jeniie, Feb 25th – 10th, AKL Jambo
Srauchbauer, 4th – 9th, AKL

April
Franandaj, 13th – 20th, VWL
Franandaj, 20th – 24th, DCL

May
DgBg100106, 5th -8th, BCV (Flower and Garden)
ThisIsJason, 5th – 11th, Kidani
Dolphingirl47, 11th – 14th, BCV

June
ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House
think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

July
Denamac, 20th -26th , Jambo CL

August
MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL
Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani
Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL
NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

September
VeronicaBride, 11th – 18th, AKL
Sailored, 15th – 22nd, AKL
October
LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL

November

December

Have a magical time! Can't wait to hear about it; was looking at some pics of Christmas markets and they are amazing!

.....:scratchin I'm a little surprised that more of you haven't ventured over to read my TR....:guilty: :rolleyes:

Loving your TR....BUT GEEZ, how can you leave me hanging on the way to Diagon Alley??? Can you please call in sick tomorrow and post more :happytv:pixiedust::stir::surfweb:

PLEASE?

Here now, checked in earlier and we got some pixie dust. We reserved a standard view room at jambo house. (Dvc)Honestly, I was expecting a pool view. Well, we got a great room right off of the zebra trail!! The animals are plentiful over here, as there pen is here. So happy,:cool1: was not expecting this!!! It's a savannah view !

Here now, checked in earlier and we got some pixie dust. We reserved a standard view room at jambo house. (Dvc)Honestly, I was expecting a pool view. Well, we got a great room right off of the zebra trail!! The animals are plentiful over here, as there pen is here. So happy,:cool1: was not expecting this!!! It's a savannah view !

CONGRATULATIONS, that is really awesome! Enjoy your vacation!

First time heading to AKL. Booked a standard room for my princesses and DH birthdays!!
Can't wait... Going to be soo much fun!!!
Making a tutu jungle themed for princess day at Animal Kingdom.
DH never been to Orlando or Disney before any ideas what I could do special for his bday?

Im in the process of getting ourselves back on that list for 2015...

To be continued... :rolleyes1

Just returned on the 30th from our 10 night stay at Jambo. I took advantage of the bounce back offer and after several changes I've decided to return to my favorite resort! We are booked at AKL July 24-Aug 2 for an anniversary celebration.

Just returned on the 30th from our 10 night stay at Jambo. I took advantage of the bounce back offer and after several changes I've decided to return to my favorite resort! We are booked at AKL July 24-Aug 2 for an anniversary celebration.

Awesome, sounds great!! :woohoo:

AWESOME.... how do you receive a bounce back offer? We are staying at AKL in February 2015 and would love to get this type of offer to go back later in the year :thumbsup2

AWESOME.... how do you receive a bounce back offer? We are staying at AKL in February 2015 and would love to get this type of offer to go back later in the year :thumbsup2

Hey! When you get to your room, there will be a welcome packet or booklet; It is usually on the table. In that book, if there is an offer, you will find what dates are eligible for the bounce back. Sometimes it is for free dining, but the bounce back I received was for 35% off!

I had a Caribbean preferred room booked at first and then changed to WL woods view which was about 400.00 more than CBR. Finally, I decided to return to my favorite resort AKL. The AKL offer was only 200.00 more than what I was going to pay at CBR and 200.00 less than WL! Yay for bounce back offers! lol

Hey! When you get to your room, there will be a welcome packet or booklet; It is usually on the table. In that book, if there is an offer, you will find what dates are eligible for the bounce back. Sometimes it is for free dining, but the bounce back I received was for 35% off!

I had a Caribbean preferred room booked at first and then changed to WL woods view which was about 400.00 more than CBR. Finally, I decided to return to my favorite resort AKL. The AKL offer was only 200.00 more than what I was going to pay at CBR and 200.00 less than WL! Yay for bounce back offers! lol

Hi - Yay that is what I want! Thanks so much for the info, I will be sure to look at 'what I thought was just junk mail' on my last trip :yay:

....VERY kewl! :thumbsup2

l

....I didn't get ANY of that, but I did get a swell drawing of Mickey in the mail a week later....:confused3

Animal update:
(I am not sure if any of this has been posted lately but here is an update from our trip.)

All the Ostriches are now at Kidani only. Clarification: They are no longer on Arusha. They are on Sunset so you would be able to see them from Jambo if you have a Sunset view but not Arusha or Uzima.

Giraffe are now on Uzima savanna (I was told this was very recent)

The Pelicans are gone from Jambo. We asked several guides but all of them seemed to have just started working there 4 weeks ago. One called someone and said they are only at the park now. No further explanation as to why they were removed. The area is empty. I really liked watching the Pelicans. If anyone knows why they removed them, please post.

If you watch the Flamingos at night you might want to cover up well. My daughter had bike pants on and she watched them for about an hour when we were at the pool. Her ankles were all bit up. She said another couple that was standing there mentioned they felt like they were getting bit. At the time she only felt one bite but had several marks the next morning.

On a side note, we were able to watch fireworks every night from our room. Most nights 9:30 but some nights 10:00. Not sure which park but is was an unexpected pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter