Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
....we were located off Zebra Trail and had a 'people pen' view, along with a view of the savannah and there were plenty of animals out early in the morning....

Wow that is interesting. Maybe it was the location we were in on the savannah. I loved the hotel and seeing the animals, but I did expect to see more. On days we left our room early and gone all day, we would not see them. They were herded off not long after it got dark and did not start coming out until 8-9 with the giraffes coming last.

Going April 1-8, 2017. Using the Gift of Magic offer & staying in a standard room. Hoping for a bunk room closer to the pool area. Any suggestions?

Hi all! We just returned from a split stay at YC for 7 nights and then concluding at AKL for 3 nights. This was our 3rd stay at AKL and we still consider it our "home resort". We LOVE it here and we were so glad to be back. We loved our stay but 3 nights was not enough! :-)

The lobby was spectacular with the huge tree and all the Christmas decorations. The cozy fire smell and laid back atmosphere was just what we needed at the end of our vacation. The pool and hot tubs were fun too, always making us feel like we are in a jungle! We also ate dinner at Boma and dined at the Mara. YUM to both! All the cast members we encountered were amazing and we never had trouble with the bussing.

My hubby did a trip report here: http://disboards.com/threads/our-ma...nov-29th-dec-6th-and-akl-dec-6th-9th.3565048/ and he further talks about our experience at AKL if there is any interest. :-)

We are booked club level February 14th-17th!!! It's our first AKL stay, I'm looking forward to it. The kiddo isn't sold yet, "Its so far away from everything" is her major complaint. I'm hoping that the CL offerings help sway her opinion.
February

Ericar, Jan 30th - 6th, AKL

Jen4400, 4th - 1th, AKL

Bozley0621, 7th - 12th, AKL

Javamoma, 8th - 11th, AKL

Crostorfer, 14th - 17th, AKL

Hi we will be staying at AKL Jambo house in a studio from 2/16-2/23/17. It will be our first stay here, we are excited! It will be myself and DD 17. We stayed once at Kidani and really enjoyed it.
February

Ericar, Jan 30th - 6th, AKL

Jen4400, 4th - 1th, AKL

Bozley0621, 7th - 12th, AKL

Javamoma, 8th - 11th, AKL

Crostorfer, 14th - 17th, AKL

disneyAndi14, 16th - 23rd, AKL

Staying at AKL Kidani Village Savannah view for the first time 5/20/17 - 5/25/17! It will be me, DH and DS who will be 6. My son is a huge animal lover who loves AK so we wanted to make it even more special this time. Hoping for a good location to see the animals.
May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

We're going back, officially booked :)

December 8th (my bday) to Dec 15th. Jambo House, Club Level this time.

We're also doing Universal for our first time ever Dec 6th and 7th then moving to Disney on the 8th. Staying at the Hard Rock.
December

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

....we were located off Zebra Trail and had a 'people pen' view, along with a view of the savannah and there were plenty of animals out early in the morning....
Interesting. I'm guessing some of it is just which animals feel like getting up early when you're there? I wonder if I could put in my request that my daughter is an EARLY riser so we would like to be wherever the best chance of early morning animals is?

I'm an Epcot resorts girl, with a couple of MK resorts thrown in very occasionally. However, DH and I are heading to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow for a couple of days, and then checking out some other towns in FL as retirement landing spots. We will end up in the Winter Park and Orlando areas next Thursday/Friday/Saturday. Somehow I was able to talk my husband into a one-night stay at Jambo with dinner at Jiko. No parks...just resort decorations, relaxation, and a great dinner. I'm excited!

This is A sure bet to SWAY you to the dark side...MUAH ha ha ha.! Be forewarned you shall return !! LoL Either way have a great time even if it's for only 1 night..:Pinkbounc YEA RIGHT... ;-)

Going April 1-8, 2017. Using the Gift of Magic offer & staying in a standard room. Hoping for a bunk room closer to the pool area. Any suggestions?
At the very end of the first wing of Zebra Trail there are standard rooms. Not sure if they are bunk though.

Staying at Kidani january 21 for a week on DVC rental points. Unfortunately I can't create a "travel with number" for the other two rooms in my party because they are rental points through Davids. Do you guys think it'll be easy grouping our rooms together once we arrive to check in (since its slower season)?

Also I did do the online checkin and reqested near lobby and near transportation. Odds for actually getting my requests during the slower season?

THANKS!

Staying at Kidani january 21 for a week on DVC rental points. Unfortunately I can't create a "travel with number" for the other two rooms in my party because they are rental points through Davids. Do you guys think it'll be easy grouping our rooms together once we arrive to check in (since its slower season)?

Also I did do the online checkin and reqested near lobby and near transportation. Odds for actually getting my requests during the slower season?

THANKS!
Well you will probably have to choose. Do you want anywhere as long as all together? or want the near lobby? You will most likely have to work it out at checkin.

Hopefully at least one of those can work out. Good luck! :)

Please add me to the January list! Staying two nights Jan 22 - 24 at Kidani before transferring to the Poly for 2 nights :teleport: We rented points, we have 3 rooms between our group. So will we have to wait until arrival to see if the rooms could be close together? (We rented them through DVC Rental Store, but all under the same member name.)

Thanks!

Please add me to the January list! Staying two nights Jan 22 - 24 at Kidani before transferring to the Poly for 2 nights :teleport: We rented points, we have 3 rooms between our group. So will we have to wait until arrival to see if the rooms could be close together? (We rented them through DVC Rental Store, but all under the same member name.)

Thanks!
January

Monacoplc, Dec 23rd - 10th, AKL

Nayoung, Dec 30th - 10th, AKL

Momof2gr8kids, 1st - 7th, Jambo House

Parismeow, 4th - 18th, AKL

Trishadono, 15th - 20th, AKL CL

Archdandy, 17th - 27th, kidani

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Hockeybabe, 22nd - 24th, Kidani

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 30th - 31st, ASM

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

We're staying at AKL and have a car. Does it make more sense to drive to AK or bus it? Is it a dedicated route for just AKL to AK or does it stop other places as well.

Hoping we will be able to swim during the days of early February. Maybe the temps will be ok.

The bus goes
We're staying at AKL and have a car. Does it make more sense to drive to AK or bus it? Is it a dedicated route for just AKL to AK or does it stop other places as well.
The bus goes direct. 5 mins at most. We drive and AK is the only park we bus to because DD and DS love it. I have to say this last time was a very long wait....I hope it was an isolated occurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter