Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone actually there confirm that the All Star resorts each have their own dedicated busses at least first thing in the morning? We currently have reservation at Sports which we made due to its being first bus stop but now that we understand the rooms have not been refurbished we would prefer Music or Movies resorts...

This isn't anything new. The All-Star resorts tend to have dedicated buses during busy periods and then have shared buses during other times of the day.

Can anyone actually there confirm that the All Star resorts each have their own dedicated busses at least first thing in the morning? We currently have reservation at Sports which we made due to its being first bus stop but now that we understand the rooms have not been refurbished we would prefer Music or Movies resorts...
Yes
This isn't anything new. The All-Star resorts tend to have dedicated buses during busy periods and then have shared buses during other times of the day.
The All-Stars basically never share buses at all anymore. It’s exceedingly rare. Most people will never share a bus at any point in their trip. This has been evolving for years.

Yes

The All-Stars basically never share buses at all anymore. It’s exceedingly rare. Most people will never share a bus at any point in their trip. This has been evolving for years.
We stayed a few nights at the All Stars Movies during first week of Dec. and other than around rope drop period we had shared busses throughout rest of day through closing.

Yes

We were there a couple weeks ago split stay so only two nights and movies. We shared every time we used the bus. We weren’t there at park open, but at close for both ep and HS (Thursday and Friday) and shared. We shared on the way to Epcot in the afternoon. Shared to MK about 9 am and to HS about 3 Friday.

Now we had no issues. Even at park close. We got on the first bus both times. Epcot had two behind the first one ready to go. There was a huge line but they were prepared for it. Don’t necessarily remember leaving HS but know we didn’t really wait for a bus.

I was so looking forward to staying back at sports, it our favorite all star resort. So disappointed that it hasn't been updated. I will be calling today to stay somewhere else. Really odd how they didn't update the rooms.

According to the Touring Plans review (https://touringplans.com/blog/all-star-sports-reopening-room-review/), they said: "While the furnishings and decor are dated, the carpet, bedding, pillows, curtains, and even the wallpaper border were brand new. It also smelled clean and new."
i would still prefer one of the other values with Queen beds, large screen TVs., and coffee maker...especially considering that they are charging same price for all the All Star value resorts.

i would still prefer one of the other values with Queen beds, large screen TVs., and coffee maker...especially considering that they are charging same price for all the All Star value resorts.
I don't think that at par pricing is sustainable. Guessing they are fishing to see if the revenge travel demand is still high enough to hook guests into paying this. Also guess it isn't and Sports will discount in the next few weeks or be part of a very limited late summer/fall promotion with some deluxe resorts that aren't selling well. Curious to see if the modest Disney+ discount really sells. If not, we should see some deeper discounts esp for Sports. The Disney+ promo strikes me as another go fish. ie if it sells, then no need to do much more. If it doesn't perform, then better discounts reluctantly released. Also Disney+ promo really targets existing reservations with hardcore return Disney fans who are already plugged into the Disney universe. Not really targeted for first timers or the casual guest. They really want that demographic. Of course, with Sports, they could just shut down some of the outlying bldgs and call it a day if they don't want to discount. But leaving $ on the table. Sure they have the numbers crunched for all scenarios and we'll just have to see what unfolds.

I don't think that at par pricing is sustainable. Guessing they are fishing to see if the revenge travel demand is still high enough to hook guests into paying this. Also guess it isn't and Sports will discount in the next few weeks or be part of a very limited late summer/fall promotion with some deluxe resorts that aren't selling well. Curious to see if the modest Disney+ discount really sells. If not, we should see some deeper discounts esp for Sports. The Disney+ promo strikes me as another go fish. ie if it sells, then no need to do much more. If it doesn't perform, then better discounts reluctantly released. Also Disney+ promo really targets existing reservations with hardcore return Disney fans who are already plugged into the Disney universe. Not really targeted for first timers or the casual guest. They really want that demographic. Of course, with Sports, they could just shut down some of the outlying bldgs and call it a day if they don't want to discount. But leaving $ on the table. Sure they have the numbers crunched for all scenarios and we'll just have to see what unfolds.
So the 1st am of the sale, I went for Movies first and standard was already sold out! (and still sold out). Preferred available, and I think all the other AS and Pop are available. Maybe not a ton of the rooms allocated for this sale, and maybe Movies being the most popular choice right now is factoring into that sell out.

To your point about how this sale isn't so great... Priceline is only about $50 more for 7 nights than this modest sale for both Music/Pop. I feel like there will still be a set of summer/fall room only sales available for the wider public, given they've had them even last year. However, this 15% off for Value (which works out to only about 12% of total since no discount on the tax) is probably all I'd hope for the Fall. Given the 20-25% for Value haven't come around in a while.

I wanted Sports 1st for the AS bus sharing priority, what we usually do, until I heard about the lack of queen beds. Booked Music because I didn't want to pay the $166 upcharge for Movies Preferred.

I'm now thinking about Sports vs. Pop. I actually see the migration out of Sports as a positive, potentially less filled, maybe a better chance of securing a closer bldg. with the request. Would like queen beds, but I've made due with the full sized beds before. I'm one of the very few who probably don't care a lot about not having new rooms, but I'm not the only one in my party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter