• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I will be staying solo at ASSp in May. I only booked a standard room (trying to go cheap since returning in December with family). Which standard room would be best for a solo female traveler? I will be using touring plans to request a room location. Right now my request only states that I request a room in a high-traffic, well-lit location. Should I request anything more specific?

I will be staying solo at ASSp in May. I only booked a standard room (trying to go cheap since returning in December with family). Which standard room would be best for a solo female traveler? I will be using touring plans to request a room location. Right now my request only states that I request a room in a high-traffic, well-lit location. Should I request anything more specific?

also request an upper floor.

I always request the top floor not only for security but less noise - no one running around above you - and I've been at AS Sports at beginning of hurricane bands and the water pooling on the walkways in front of first floor rooms was something else. May shouldn't be as rainy as the fall for you but still a plus. I usually take the outdoor stairs at the end of the wing rather than the elevator as faster.

I've stayed x2 in Hoops Hotel Bld 2 in the wing closest to the pool and reception/main bldg. Not a long walk to main bldg and fun to walk through the Surf's Up theming. Usually a busy walking path with lots of families and kids unless middle of the night. Think many others like Homerun Hotel Bldg 9 in wing closest to the bus stops. May shave some time off your walk to and from the bus. Enjoy your stay!

I have traveled alone to Disney and have felt safer at the top level. Less likely people walking by my room and trying to see in the room.
And it is much quieter up higher also.
Everyone is different and you should do what makes you feel the safest.

Welp there is a YouTube video out there from today that shows Surf's Up rooms (building 1) aren't renovated. REALLY disappointed since we switched to this resort because the cast members said all buildings would be renovated by the time it opened back up....

Yep photos on the resort page of the rooms show the double beds and small TV and old showers in the bathrooms...

I called earlier today after reading this update and the CM couldn’t tell me for sure if there’s a coffee maker or whether or not rooms are refurbished. Sadly, Idecided to switch my May trip. Too bad, I was looking forward to staying here again. On a positive note, I was told Sports is no longer the first drop off for bussing, they all have their own dedicated buses now,

Pay a little extra to book a preferred room. It’s usually just about $20 more per night. Then, do online check in and request “Surf’s Up” It will put you near the lobby, food court, and buses. Since you are solo you will be especially glad you did.

Welp there is a YouTube video out there from today that shows Surf's Up rooms (building 1) aren't renovated. REALLY disappointed since we switched to this resort because the cast members said all buildings would be renovated by the time it opened back up....
This is so disappointing, especially after staying at Music in the beginning of February and seeing how nice the new rooms are; just checked for availability at any of the other values for my trip in May and of course they're showing no availabilty. I am holding a reservation for the campground for the same dates, but hauling the trailer 700 miles at 12 mpg at these gas prices is a net difference of $450 even with the cheaper rate at FW. Really unsure of which way to go. I really loved the new rooms, king accessible at Music. I almost cancelled the FW ressie to free it up for someone else, now glad I didin't.

Can anyone actually there confirm that the All Star resorts each have their own dedicated busses at least first thing in the morning? We currently have reservation at Sports which we made due to its being first bus stop but now that we understand the rooms have not been refurbished we would prefer Music or Movies resorts...

Also disappointed that Sports looks like soft goods refurb only (bedding) for rooms. That's a huge inventory of tired old rooms. From the reaction online and here on the Boards, Sports won't get the bookings. Why pay same $ as Music or Movies with their clean refurbed rooms? Along with being the obvious dedicated value resort for cheer and sports groups and letting the rooms take a beating, makes me suspect that Sports will be first up in Values for deeper room discounts or possible Fall Free Dining once Dining Plan is relaunched. My eye is on late summer/very early fall dates for promotions. When that may drop who knows. But I'd be watching for promos to drop mid to late April and into early May for late summer/early fall dates. Maybe earlier. Along with Sports for promos and discounts, take your pic of wildly $ Deluxe resorts that haven't been as popular. Just my speculation and no rumours or inside info behind this but that's a lot of old 80s style rooms to offload. No amount of cheer and sports groups can eat all this inventory. And while there's a loyal fan base here, most guests won't want this kind of 'nostalgic retro' decor when they can get bigger beds, coffee maker, usb outlets galore and more new upgrades ++ at Music, Movies and POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter