• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

we were not happy at Sports when we went in May...they dropped the ice cream area and put in just gelato..
So I guess with the new Music reno..the same is there..No ice cream..

Will have to get our fix at the parks or DTD..

Oh, no! Say it isn't so! We loved getting the ice cream when we were there last May. I guess we'll have to do the same.

C'mon Disney, we all love our ice cream at our resort at the end of the day. :mad:

How do I make a room request? I searched, but can't find info.... I have 2 rooms booked, and hoping to be in a Jazz building,or broadway at most, top floor and rooms near each other...is that something I can ask for?

as far as distances, I have stayed out at the back of Pop before, in the 50's building... I didn't think it was a long walk from the to the food court, how does that compare to the broadway building? Or, the farthest out building you could possibly get? since we have my Dad in a scooter this time, I am wondering....

Looks like we will be spending one night at Music in a suite as we are coming in a day sooner for our 9 days SPD stay!!

How do I make a room request? I searched, but can't find info.... I have 2 rooms booked, and hoping to be in a Jazz building,or broadway at most, top floor and rooms near each other...is that something I can ask for?

I don't think you can request anything like that when you first make the reservations. If you do online check-in, which I believe you could do at 60(?) days out, it will give you the chance to state your preferences- at least it did when we stayed at French Quarter earlier this year- I didn't book our room when we stayed at All-Star Music, so I didn't do the check-in that time. I remember it gave you the option to choose whether you wanted your room on a certain floor, on the corner, near transportation, etc. If you have a really specific preference (like certain families/rooms near each other) you may want to call and ask about it. Nothing is guaranteed though.

we were not happy at Sports when we went in May...they dropped the ice cream area and put in just gelato..
So I guess with the new Music reno..the same is there..No ice cream..

Will have to get our fix at the parks or DTD..

If you've never tried the gelato, I would recommend it. I haven't tried it at the All-Star resorts, but other gelato I've had has been delicious, and it's really very similar to ice cream. I actually prefer it.

They made it so you make your requests when you do online check in now. I do believe it asks what floor, then near transport, adjoining rooms and if you booked them together they will try and keep you together. Ask at check if they can tell you building and floor and if your near each other as you requested too.

They made it so you make your requests when you do online check in now. I do believe it asks what floor, then near transport, adjoining rooms and if you booked them together they will try and keep you together. Ask at check if they can tell you building and floor and if your near each other as you requested too.

If you have specific requests its best to add them to your reservation by calling and having it added...

I'm considering switching my Feb reservation from Movies to Music because it'll save us a bit of money. Is there a huge difference aside from the obvious theme stuff?

I'm considering switching my Feb reservation from Movies to Music because it'll save us a bit of money. Is there a huge difference aside from the obvious theme stuff?

Everything is the same...except the theme. A slight advantage to Music is that on the rare occasions when you share a bus Music is the second stop....Movies is the third.

Is anyone there right now, and can post what (if any) Christmas activities are going on at the hotel?

Here now. They're showing nightmare before Christmas by pool this week and other then that haven't noticed anything specific. Dining hall
Looks nice.

At dinner tonight it was super busy and my son put down a bag containing 30 trading pins and a lanyard. Of course it was gone 3 minutes later when we backed up and noticed. After eating my the pool (so warm outside!) we checked by front desk and someone had turned it in! Love the honesty, so THANK YOU if you're reading this!

has anyone had groceries/packages delivered to AsmU? I was thinking of getting an amazon prime shipment delivered,and wondered how it went for others.... not even sure how far ahead to place the order,etc to do it.

I am not sure about Amazon Prime but we used Garden Grocer in April and had no problems. If you are not there they hold it in the refrigerator at bell services. I have read on other boards that shipping to the hotels goes to a central mailing area. So if you don't get a response specifically from this board search for Amazon Prime on board and maybe another thread may have the answers or call hotel directly.

has anyone had groceries/packages delivered to AsmU? I was thinking of getting an amazon prime shipment delivered,and wondered how it went for others.... not even sure how far ahead to place the order,etc to do it.

Packages are shipped directly to the resort....not a central location. I've done it numerous times without issue. All you need to do is figure out approx how long it will take to ship and then order with the goal of it arriving on your check in day. If it arrives early it's not a problem they will store it. If it arrives after you check in they often will deliver it directly to your room. You must include your reservation number and arrival date on the address label.

Packages are shipped directly to the resort....not a central location. I've done it numerous times without issue. All you need to do is figure out approx how long it will take to ship and then order with the goal of it arriving on your check in day. If it arrives early it's not a problem they will store it. If it arrives after you check in they often will deliver it directly to your room. You must include your reservation number and arrival date on the address label.

Thank you:cool1:

This may seem like a dumb question,but are cups provided in the rooms? What type are they,like a disposable coffee cup,or something else? And how many per day?

This may seem like a dumb question,but are cups provided in the rooms? What type are they,like a disposable coffee cup,or something else? And how many per day?

Little plastic cups next to ice bucket. 4/room. I imagine if you left a note they'd leave as many as you needed. We use our mugs for ice water so we never used them!

I'm heading out for one night at ASMu in 9 days!:banana: I'm going with a friend who hasn't been to Disney in 27 years; we're going to spend one night, and we're not doing a park. Is there anything we absolutely shouldn't miss at ASMu?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter