DisneyQuest

epcotty

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company
Well we finally went to DisneyQuest, we were there almost the whole time it was open 2 days ago. We thought it was really good. It's definitely underappreciated and it's too bad it'll probably be closing before long. Don't know how we didn't get there before now, I think it was mainly because we didn't really realize what a selection of arcade games it has. We did some of the unique ones too like Mighty Ducks, Aladdin, Jungle Cruise and Pirates. It was a cool time and good place to experience. Does anyone know of any news regarding it and if there's still any chance it won't close?

Latest rumors have it closing sometime in 2017. Reportedly, the deal with the NBA fell apart.

Very sad to see it go. We enjoyed it as well a few years ago. I really wanted to take my son there next year now that he is older and is into video games but I doubt they will still be open when we go.

I do like it and want it to stay open, but it needs a bit of an overhaul to their very dated games. They need to keep Pirates of the Caribbean: Quest for Buccaneer Gold though - that thing is my favorite!

They had one in chicago that I did go to but that didn't last too long. They were planning one in Philly but that deal fell through about the time Chicago closed. the original plan was to have several. When it became just the FL DQ, seemed like they stopped investing in any new attractions or ideas there.
What i heard about why Chicago closed is that did well on weekends such as the saturday I went and summertime but it just was dead on school weekdays. So it wasnt profitable and only orlando worked all week long for them. The idea could work with some new attractions and characters but they don't seem to think it;s worth investing in new things with just the one DQ.

They had one in chicago that I did go to but that didn't last too long. They were planning one in Philly but that deal fell through about the time Chicago closed. the original plan was to have several. When it became just the FL DQ, seemed like they stopped investing in any new attractions or ideas there.
What i heard about why Chicago closed is that did well on weekends such as the saturday I went and summertime but it just was dead on school weekdays. So it wasnt profitable and only orlando worked all week long for them. The idea could work with some new attractions and characters but they don't seem to think it;s worth investing in new things with just the one DQ.
Thanks for the info

When we were there in may there was a lot for games that were out of order or needed out of order signs on them

When we were there in may there was a lot for games that were out of order or needed out of order signs on them

I think they're just not bothering to fix the broken games anymore. The place is still fun, but it's really dated.

I'm glad you guys had fun. We are slightly obsessed with classic games and I used to LOVE DisneyQuest, so it was actually very disappointing when we went in 2014 to find literally 1/3 the attractions closed, most of the games out of order in sad states, and no CMs around to help. We left twenty minutes in to get our money back. I was there in a couple times 2001 and had SO much fun...it was really sad to see everything in a state of such disrepair.

I think they're just not bothering to fix the broken games anymore. The place is still fun, but it's really dated.

Agreed. While nostalgic and a lot of the arcade machines worked, their "attractions" were feeling the hurt and you could tell they didn't care to fix them. In Pirates, some screens kept switching between 3D and regular screens. The graphics in all of the virtual rides all look like they are fresh out of 1990. When I rode Aladdin, all I could do was turn right, and if I missed an entrance, I had to do a full 360 to get anywhere. My fiance commented it had "the bones to make an amazing place, but they don't upkeep it at all."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter