Disneyland show?

This!!!

So missing the old show :(

My general thoughts:

• I miss the fun banter that used to go on between Tom and Tony. Bring Tony back into the mix once in awhile and have him do some news segments because whenever he would report Disneyland-related news, it would always make me laugh but I got information from it, too.
  • You could mix it up with the food review segments in the future....have Tom & Tony do 'in the park' reviews kind of like the 2 new folks did with the Pixar Pier food review in this most recent episode.
  • Every year for March Madness, Tom Bell used to set up this fun Facebook poll that related to Disneyland stuff. It was so much fun every week listening in to what had advanced to the next round of voting. One year, they did rides. Another year, I think it was hotels and restaurants. You guys could do that on the WDW podcast, too.
  • I always enjoyed the episodes where they had a Dreams Unlimited Travel customer go on the Disneyland show and the DL podcast team would help them put together a general day by day park touring plan. I found those episodes to be very helpful when I was planning our own family's trips. Then after the person's trip was done, he or she would go back to the podcast and report in on how the trip went.
  • I don't live in southern CA and I don't have a DL AP. But I have several friends in So Cal who ARE AP holders and the DL edition of the DIS Unplugged used to be my biggest source of Disneyland news. There are SO many podcasts and wdwinfo.com articles about new stuff going on at DL that I have forwarded to those friends over the past few years. Please continue with the news segments because that's been SO helpful to a lot of them! :-)
  • That video that you guys did recently about all the reasons you love Disneyland...that was so well done, so amazing. The part where Charles was talking about his first time at Disneyland made my eyes sweaty with respect! And when Ryno was talking about his first visit to Disneyland? Same thing.
I think that I'm going to continue listening to it. I expect that shows like this will evolve and change a bit over time. They're figuring out what their current groove is.

My general thoughts:

• I miss the fun banter that used to go on between Tom and Tony. Bring Tony back into the mix once in awhile and have him do some news segments because whenever he would report Disneyland-related news, it would always make me laugh but I got information from it, too.
  • You could mix it up with the food review segments in the future....have Tom & Tony do 'in the park' reviews kind of like the 2 new folks did with the Pixar Pier food review in this most recent episode.
  • Every year for March Madness, Tom Bell used to set up this fun Facebook poll that related to Disneyland stuff. It was so much fun every week listening in to what had advanced to the next round of voting. One year, they did rides. Another year, I think it was hotels and restaurants. You guys could do that on the WDW podcast, too.
  • I always enjoyed the episodes where they had a Dreams Unlimited Travel customer go on the Disneyland show and the DL podcast team would help them put together a general day by day park touring plan. I found those episodes to be very helpful when I was planning our own family's trips. Then after the person's trip was done, he or she would go back to the podcast and report in on how the trip went.
  • I don't live in southern CA and I don't have a DL AP. But I have several friends in So Cal who ARE AP holders and the DL edition of the DIS Unplugged used to be my biggest source of Disneyland news. There are SO many podcasts and wdwinfo.com articles about new stuff going on at DL that I have forwarded to those friends over the past few years. Please continue with the news segments because that's been SO helpful to a lot of them! :-)
  • That video that you guys did recently about all the reasons you love Disneyland...that was so well done, so amazing. The part where Charles was talking about his first time at Disneyland made my eyes sweaty with respect! And when Ryno was talking about his first visit to Disneyland? Same thing.
I think that I'm going to continue listening to it. I expect that shows like this will evolve and change a bit over time. They're figuring out what their current groove is.

Add me to the list who is missing the fun banter especially between Tom and Tony. While I enjoyed the recent food reviews of Pixar Pier, I was also missing Tony and Tom and wondering what they would say. I totally agree that it would be great to add them into the mix of a food review with Katrina and Tyler or have them trade off between the two. How else will we know if the food is fresh?;)

I haven’t watched the new show but am curious how successful it will be when it’s not based out of California. When you consider WDW shows, they’re coming out of Florida to be able to provide the best content because they’re close to the parks. I don’t understand the logistics of how that is possible with the reincarnated DL show.

I haven’t watched the new show but am curious how successful it will be when it’s not based out of California. When you consider WDW shows, they’re coming out of Florida to be able to provide the best content because they’re close to the parks. I don’t understand the logistics of how that is possible with the reincarnated DL show.

I thought you were dead?

Isn't Pete out in Disneyland right now? It wouldn't surprise if at least once a month Pete or Ryno start to make more frequent trips out there.

From the first few shows it seems like the focus has shifted - it's not live and they aren't covering the news like they did on the old DL show or the current main/WDW show. Instead it is largely Tyler/Katrina covering something they did at DLR recently and then like a special topic (comparing things at DLR vs WDW). It seems more focused on explaining DLR to people WDW that people that have never been and sort of explain why they might want to plan a trip there even if they have been to WDW (and, of course, ideally plan that trip by contacting Dreams Unlimited travel)

Neither format is right or wrong, but definitely feels different to me

Well I’ve decided to take Craig’s advice and say goodbye to the Disneyland show. I always listened as a podcast so the live part doesn’t matter to me as much as the information and how it is delivered. Neither YouTube or Pete is a draw for me and if the content isn’t as researched and informative then the reason I listened is gone. I will always appreciate the help the old team provided in making our first trip great.

From the first few shows it seems like the focus has shifted - it's not live and they aren't covering the news like they did on the old DL show or the current main/WDW show. Instead it is largely Tyler/Katrina covering something they did at DLR recently and then like a special topic (comparing things at DLR vs WDW). It seems more focused on explaining DLR to people WDW that people that have never been and sort of explain why they might want to plan a trip there even if they have been to WDW (and, of course, ideally plan that trip by contacting Dreams Unlimited travel)

Neither format is right or wrong, but definitely feels different to me

I totally agree that neither format is right or wrong. In the first episode Pete says he wants these Disneyland shows to help you plan your Disneyland vacation. This is where the new format, in my opinion, does not meet that expectation and goal. Yes, the segments in themselves are good and they are very informative. But I am not necessarily going to plan a vacation around merchandise or how different/similar DL and WDW are.

Having some of the relevant news items, like World of Color being down for an extended period of time or what to expect at Mickey's Halloween Party or Christmas Party would help me plan my vacation. Even talking more about the DL hotels and good neighbor hotels, with a plug for Dreams Unlimited Travel, would even help me better plan my trip.

Now in the most recent episode, the segment on MaxPass versus FP+ was a good topic. That definitely helps people in planning their DL vacation.

I am really enjoying the content that Tyler and Katrina are producing. Those vlogs and the articles Katrina has written have helped me more in planning future DL vacations than this redesigned show. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the DIS team and I want this show to succeed. I will continue to watch and hopefully these comments/feedback are heard and taken into consideration.

I totally agree that neither format is right or wrong. In the first episode Pete says he wants these Disneyland shows to help you plan your Disneyland vacation. This is where the new format, in my opinion, does not meet that expectation and goal. Yes, the segments in themselves are good and they are very informative. But I am not necessarily going to plan a vacation around merchandise or how different/similar DL and WDW are.

Having some of the relevant news items, like World of Color being down for an extended period of time or what to expect at Mickey's Halloween Party or Christmas Party would help me plan my vacation. Even talking more about the DL hotels and good neighbor hotels, with a plug for Dreams Unlimited Travel, would even help me better plan my trip.

Now in the most recent episode, the segment on MaxPass versus FP+ was a good topic. That definitely helps people in planning their DL vacation.

I am really enjoying the content that Tyler and Katrina are producing. Those vlogs and the articles Katrina has written have helped me more in planning future DL vacations than this redesigned show. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the DIS team and I want this show to succeed. I will continue to watch and hopefully these comments/feedback are heard and taken into consideration.

Thank you, your comments are appreciated. You actually listened to the new format.

I'm still giving the show a chance for at least a few more episodes but I have a few observations.

The new format seems to be DLR for people used to going to WDW, which I wonder if that niche is big enough to sustain a youtube show/podcast?

I do miss the SoCal things to do, DLR just doesn't have as much as WDW so adding other local attractions to the podcast really gave me some vacation ideas, and

With Pete hosting both the Dis unplugged shows is it possible there will be Pete burnout?

The format of the WDW show and the old DLR show with the news and discussion might be something they could at least somewhat incorporate to maximize the potential audience.
Having a live show also means the most up-to-date news. Or perhaps a second show with just DLR news and discussion?

One other thing I noticed a ton of were "ums" and "ahs" during the show. It might be good for the people talking on the show to listen back and try and eliminate these as much as possible. I'm not trying to rag on the talent, almost every broadcaster goes through this as they improve their on-air voice.

I’m not trying to have an attitude or shift my feelings when I said don’t watch or listen. I’m just pointing out the facts. Pete relies on me to deliver feedback on the shows that is written on the boards and YouTube and I do, but he looks at numbers. I’m just being honest here, and if it sounds negative I apologize, but as a person involved in the situation, Pete is very happy with the topics being discussed, the production, and the current and future talent involved. Your opinions are seen and heard by me. When our criticisms are backed up by your feedback, we are able to make changes, but this is a different situation. I truly do hope you all watch, listen, and enjoy, but if you are unhappy, I’m just trying to let you know how you can voice your opinion most effectively in regards to this show.

You and Mary Jo should be on the show. That’s my input!

I'm really enjoying the new format, though it seems I may be in the minority. I tried listening to the previous version of the show, and could never get into it. I guess I get enough news about the parks on Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. that it doesn't bother me to have it missing from the show. I'm not really getting any breaking news from any of the DIS shows. I can understand people's frustration when they enjoyed how it was before and now it is changed, though. Another podcast I loved did a complete overhaul, changed hosts and format, and I bailed after just a few episodes because it felt like a totally different show. So I can sympathize.

People sure do get fussy about whether free content is tailored to their precise preferences, huh?

Right? I'm really amazed at how rude and ridiculous some of these posts and the comments on the disneyland shows are. Bless Craig for being able to keep his cool for the most part. Obviously Pete likes the people and the format, things change, things adapt and grow, and life moves on. There's no need to argue and complain every video and every friggin post.

Love Tyler, Love Katrina, Love RYNO AS A HOST (missing that Dispop lyfe). :grouphug:

Right? I'm really amazed at how rude and ridiculous some of these posts and the comments on the disneyland shows are. Bless Craig for being able to keep his cool for the most part. Obviously Pete likes the people and the format, things change, things adapt and grow, and life moves on. There's no need to argue and complain every video and every friggin post.

Love Tyler, Love Katrina, Love RYNO AS A HOST (missing that Dispop lyfe). :grouphug:

Like you're doing right now.

The original Disneyland team's show was cancelled. The fans of that show and particularly the people who put much effort into informing us of Disneyland, the history of the studios and the parks, and the surrounding area (Day 6) are not happy that this team has been broken up.

Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, Tony, and Michael weren't even given a chance to have a Good Night Kiss show.

There's a lot of speculation being thrown around about the status of people's jobs/positions.

Until it's fully disclosed we probably shouldn't be making theories on where people stand or why things were changed.

Like you're doing right now.

The original Disneyland team's show was cancelled. The fans of that show and particularly the people who put much effort into informing us of Disneyland, the history of the studios and the parks, and the surrounding area (Day 6) are not happy that this team has been broken up.

Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, Tony, and Michael weren't even given a chance to have a Good Night Kiss show.

Nah, you can’t compare my posts to all the other rude ones about the current show. Nice try though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter