Disneyland Pro's first trip to Disney World - An August 2015 PTR

jglor

Earning My Ears
Welcome to my pre-trip report. Our trip is coming up really soon. We leave on 8/29 for 8 wonderful nights at Disney World, so there isn't going to be a lot of planning here, since it's all pretty much done, but I will post my itinerary in the next post. The short version is that we are spending 4 nights at Pop Century and 4 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. We will be hitting all 4 parks, but not the water parks. I'm really writing this PTR so I can get a feel for what writing a real trip report will be like.

Cast of characters:

This is me, Jason
20073323144_f3594c02a4_z.jpg

Here I am at Disneyland on my 40th birthday, way back in 2012.

My favorite ride is Radiator Springs Racers. I think I've ridden it 3 times now. We don't like the wait time, so the only times we've been able to ride it is when we can get to the park early enough to get FastPasses.

This is my wife, Jennie
20074963833_e12da4b653_z.jpg

Here she is on her birthday, way back in July of this year. Did I forget to mention her age? No, I didn't forget.

Jennie's favorite ride is Indiana Jones. We hadn't ridden on it in a very long time because Ryan was too young and she didn't want to rider swap. Now he's finally ready to ride it, and we've been on it twice with him. He loved it.

This is our son, Ryan
20695882985_b457520f6e_z.jpg

Here he is just last Sunday, with his new R2-D2 ears. He's 7.

His favorite ride is Star Tours. We have ridden it so many times that I'm pretty sure we have seen all of the planets. The first time we rode the new version, Jennie was the Rebel spy which was fun for all of us since we didn't know it was a thing. Ryan always wants to be the spy, but he hasn't been one yet.
He's finally into the bigger rides. He rode Indiana Jones, the Matterhorn and Splash Mountain for the first time this summer. He's still not ready for Space Mountain. When I was his age, I chickened out of Space and got lost because I didn't know where the real exit was to meet my family.

20704497231_a5efc11e1e_z.jpg

Here are all three of us at the Disneyland 60th anniversary celebration. This was the actual anniversary (7/17). I got out of work early and we raced up there. It was a fun day.

We are all long-time Disneyland vets. I can't even remember the first time I went because I was so young, but I've been going all my life. We have been on and off pass-holders (1 year on, 2 years off) for a while now. This is our third set of annual passes. We decided this year to get Premiere passes and to take a trip to Disney World for the first time ever. (See my thread here (First timer - less than one month out!) for more info about that).

Ryan and I are super excited about this trip. Jennie is a little more apprehensive. This is the longest vacation we have ever taken, and usually somebody gets sick, so our fingers are crossed. Since we have all been to Disneyland many times, we kind of know what to expect, but we also know that some things are very different. I'm also excited to be in the "bubble" and I'm going to try to let it envelop me completely.

Itinerary in the next post.

Hi, Jason! Great start. I too am making my first (adult) trip to WDW this year. All the planning is crazy, but fun. :laughing: I can't wait to see your itinerary. Also, WL! Yay! I've wanted to stay there since I was little. Enjoy it!

Congrats on the trip! Looking forward to reading your itinerary/plans and then seeing how it actually come out. We too are DL experts. Have had annual passes forever. I have been to DW once about ten years ago but taking our kids for the first time next year. Have a fantastic trip!

Here is our itinerary. We don't have every single meal planned. We are getting groceries from Garden Grocer and will be having PB&J sandwiches for some lunches.

Day 1 (Arrival)
Plane leaves at 10:00AM PT.
Plane arrives at 6:00PM ET.
Check in to Pop Century
Dinner at POP or AOA food court.
Quick stop at Magic Kingdom. Possibly, if it is not too late. I want to make sure that our MagicBands are working and figure out admission before rope drop the next day.

Day 2 (Magic Kingdom)
Lunch at Be Our Guest
Don't have dinner plans yet. We may make this an early day and be back at the hotel, or we may be having counter service in the park.

Day 3 (Epcot)
It's my birthday!
Lunch at Biergarten
Dinner will probably be counter service or PB&J sandwiches.

Day 4 (Hollywood Studios)
Lunch will probably be PB&J sandwiches
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Day 5 (No Parks)
Checking out of Pop Century and moving to Wilderness Lodge
Lunch at Roaring Fork
Swimming at Wilderness Lodge
Downtown Disney in the afternoon.
Dinner at T-Rex

Day 6 (Epcot Day 2)
Lunch at Via Napoli
Dinner ? (Probably Counter Service)

Day 7 (Magic Kingdom Day 2)
Lunch ? (Probably PB&J again)
Dinner ? (Counter Service somewhere)

Day 8 (Animal Kingdom)
Lunch - PB&J
Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Day 9 (Departure :sad:)
Swimming (if there's time)
Lunch at Roaring Fork
Magical Express at 2:40
Flying home at 5:40 ET
Arrive in San Diego at 7:50 PT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter