Disneyland Hotel Building requests

The Fox Menagerie

Animal Kingdom does have Foxes!
We are staying at the DLH 3/19 and 3/20 and really want to be located in the Fantasy tower. Can we request a building at online check in or is better to do in person check in at the hotel to get the building we prefer. Thanks for any advice!

I have requested fantasy or adventure tower each time we have stayed there and only twice we have been put in the building we requested. I have requested both at booking and when I check-in. SInce we mostly get a standard room we always end up in Frontier. We requested adventure tower last time and got it probably because we had a deluxe view booked.

I will say maybe do not do check in on the phone since you will be put in a room and probably unable to change it, just ask when you get there.

Disneyland Hotel has never once given us what we requested and almost always refused to move us when we politely asked. Once, when we had a medical reason, they insisted they didn't have anything, but a very nice cast member "found" a room and was able to move us after saying he couldn't as the standard response. Even mid-pandemic, with the hotel at the lowest occupancy rates it has probably ever had in modern times, and all three towers open, they couldn't give us the tower we requested. I am 100% convinced they don't even look at requests and the standard response is they can't move you because there is no availability. It's very odd to me that they don't even seem to try given people are paying a premium for the Disney experience. That said, we still love the hotel for other reasons. I have learned that I am better off not asking, because all the towers are great, and I will only be disappointed when they don't meet the request.

If I’m not mistaken, Standard view will be either Fantasy or Frontier. Pool view could be any of the three, and the floor will be determined whether you’ve chosen deluxe, premium, or club. And Downtown Disney view will be Adventure. So, to some extent what tower you can be in depends what kind of room you have booked.

Thanks for the responses. We normally stay club level and are placed in the Adventure Tower, but this time went with standard view non club level for our quick trip. We hope to get the Fantasy tower and it sounds like that is a possibility.

I called to request adventure tower, I don't think you can do it online. I want to try Fantasy tower next time.

Is there a best time before check-in date to ask for a specific room type? And a best way to submit the request (call the direct hotel line)? Right now I have a king bed listed on the reservation, but I would really prefer two queens if possible. Our arrival date is April 3rd.

Is there a best time before check-in date to ask for a specific room type? And a best way to submit the request (call the direct hotel line)? Right now I have a king bed listed on the reservation, but I would really prefer two queens if possible. Our arrival date is April 3rd.
It is currently pretty busy that week. I would call the reservation line now to see if you can change, as looking online, I am seeing queens are sold out a couple nights during that week.

From experience, I can tell you that the only way to guarantee queen beds is to add two fake minors to your reservation. There is no extra fee. With two adults, they will put you in a king most of the time, since those rooms aren't needed enough with mostly families traveling. I've even heard of this happening to siblings and Disney refusing to change it. My wife and I had two queens on our reservation, due to our sleeping preferences on vacation, and they absolutely refused to put us in a queen room, insisting not a single queen was available.

From experience, I can tell you that the only way to guarantee queen beds is to add two fake minors to your reservation. There is no extra fee. With two adults, they will put you in a king most of the time, since those rooms aren't needed enough with mostly families traveling. I've even heard of this happening to siblings and Disney refusing to change it. My wife and I had two queens on our reservation, due to our sleeping preferences on vacation, and they absolutely refused to put us in a queen room, insisting not a single queen was available.

Do they check on the minors? I've heard of people doing this but I wondered if they verify the guests at check-in and would just assign king beds after all.

I called the hotel directly and a CM noted our building preferences. We really would like the Adventure or Fantasy, just not the Frontier. She noted our reservation and was really nice to talk to. We will see what happens, just a few more days!

We will be there about the same time, we are the 18-21.

Us too! But just one night at DLH (the 20th) and we have a cabana booked that day. Then moving to the Courtyard for the next two nights. Originally had GCH booked for 3 nights but made a mistake on the reservation and didn’t include my children. No rooms available that would fit all 4 of us and I didn’t have the willpower to constantly check the website to find one. The 21-23 has been booked solid at all 3 hotels every time I checked. I’m really hoping this isn’t a foreshadowing of Christmas crowds in the Parks, but we’re ready to just go with the flow…

But sold out hotels make it very unlikely that you’ll receive a special room request.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter