• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland/DCA Photography?

madamesarcasm

Earning My Ears
I’m heading to DL/DCA from the 30th through the 4th, and it’ll be the last time for a while, since our APs expire. :sad: So this time around, I want to get some great photographs from around the parks. I want to know ahead of time what to shoot so I can get as much in as possible. Anybody have any brilliant ideas of what to shoot creatively to preserve memories? :)

In addition to your personal camera have you considered getting PhotoPassPlus?
We used this last time and it was great. We have lots of pictures with everyone in the shot.

Geemo

In addition to your personal camera have you considered getting PhotoPassPlus?
We used this last time and it was great. We have lots of pictures with everyone in the shot.

Geemo
Geemo, I actually have PhotoPassPlus (and have used it this past year). My interest this trip is in getting shots that have artistic value, that I might pay to have framed.

I'm not a huge photographer, but definitely get there early, and stay late for shots with no one in them. Make sure to get a few shots in the Court des Anges, especially at dusk with the popcorn lights. You can also get pretty shots of popcorn lights on Paradise Pier, and Paradise Bay looks very pretty at sunset. Stand by the railing on the bridge to Paradise Pier for decent shots of WoC. And there's always flowers everywhere too :)

If you look on the community board there are some threads where people have posted their pictures of DL and DCA. There are some very good photographers that have taken some terrific shots. I would look through those and see what pics catch your eye that you may want to try to capture when you go.

There's actually a Photography board in the "Just for Fun" section of DISboards.

I'm sure you'll get GREAT advice there!

mysteriouspnai: Thanks! I'll try to rise as early as habit allows :P Unfortunately, I think the Court des Anges is disappearing before I make it over on the 30? Correct if I'm wrong.

Butterfly123 and awinangie: I'll check those out, thanks.

Animagic!: I'll be using a Canon 40D DSLR as well as a Canon Rebel 2000 SLR (b&w film). I have a 35mm zoom, 50 mm fixed, and a 70-200 mm lens.

For some interesting and memorable shots I would recommend renting a wide angle lens to put on the 40D. When I was using my 40D I had a Tokina 10-20 mm lens on it a lot and it made for some cool pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter