Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherry, should I save the in ride ISAW photos for another week? Some of them do have Christmassy greens. I would be happy to delete and save if those were some of the pix in question. Let me know and thanks for doing this and everyone for all your awesome photos!

No need to delete anything, but I just wanted to put that out there so everyone would know what to post and what not to post.

When I say Christmas Trees, Wreaths, Holiday Flowers and Plants, I mean Christmas trees (the tree in IASWH is okay to use), and actual round wreaths, actual flowers and plants, like poinsettias, flower beds, etc. That's why I always include photos in my intros -- so people can kind of follow my lead as to what to use. I always have to be mindful, though, of the fact that not everyone looks at my intro posts (even though they should!), and they instead just tune in and see what everyone else is posting to get an idea of what to post. So if they happen to tune in and see photos of IASWH (not of a tree or wreath), or they see photos of things that don't clearly show trees or wreaths or holiday flowers, etc., they may think it's IASWH week or a different theme week or something. It can get tricky! :lmao:

IASWH does have some wreaths and the tree, so those are fine, but yes -- we will be covering IASWH in another week, so you will be able to post more IASWH pictures! :banana:

That makes sense and thank you. :)

It's not just you, by the way! :goodvibes I see a lot of posts with very loose interpretations of the themes. :lmao: Sometimes I am looking at photos, thinking "Okay... where is the tree or the wreath, or holiday flower or plant in that photo?" :lmao: That's why I have to occasionally step in and remind folks of what to post. If things get too loose, it can be unclear what the actual theme is.

Breaking sort-of-but-not-really-news! Since I last checked it this morning, there has been a change on the website where I would normally find the Candlelight dates! Something has been removed on the site since I looked at it a few hours ago (nothing having to do with Candlelight was removed, but something else). So... I wonder if someone is finally getting ready to update it with the Candlelight info (3 weeks late). I don't think that Disney wants to publicize it because they are not advertising it as a part of the holiday season and would probably prefer that most people don't know about it in advance. So they may keep the details off of that site. But, since the website that I check just changed within the last few hours, it either means they are gearing up to add the Candlelight info (finally) or.... well, if they don't add the Candlelight info, then something is definitely suspicious and out of the ordinary!

I have a bunch! Oh, how I miss Disney at Christmastime.....we are hoping for a short 2016 visit but not sure when that will be. We are going to the east coast park this September......

Last edited:
Well, hello, Kathy!! :wave: Welcome! :welcome: I'm so glad you finally made it over here. I know you've been busy. What lovely, stunning photos -- do you know that I don't think I ever saw your photos after your 2013 trip? So this is the first I am seeing of them. You may or may not have posted a few in the Superthread that was going on at that time, but I'm not sure.

By the time you get back to DLR for the holidays (if it's 2016 or whenever), Lord only knows what kind of construction mayhem might be going on at that time, if any of the MiceAge rumors are true about Star Wars Land coming up, and whatever else.

I had not posted them......as a matter of fact, I had to go to a different laptop computer to even find them......AND I had to upload to Photobucket, which is being very full, I might add! How do people manage to keep their photos at Photobucket, I wonder?
I'm very behind on my trip reports....but I'm bound and determined to finish my WDW 2012 December trip report very soon....then I shall start a Disneyland 2013 Dec TR :rotfl:
I'm totally up for Star Wars Land ;)

I had not posted them......as a matter of fact, I had to go to a different laptop computer to even find them......AND I had to upload to Photobucket, which is being very full, I might add! How do people manage to keep their photos at Photobucket, I wonder?
I'm very behind on my trip reports....but I'm bound and determined to finish my WDW 2012 December trip report very soon....then I shall start a Disneyland 2013 Dec TR :rotfl:
I'm totally up for Star Wars Land ;)

I've had a lot of struggles with Photobucket over the years. The worst is when you get used to certain features and a certain layout, and then all of a sudden they decide to revise the entire website, change the whole layout and remove important features. They did that a couple of years ago and people were not pleased. The problem is that so many people keep lots and lots of photos on Photobucket -- I have well over 15,000 photos in just one account, and another several thousand in another account -- that Photobucket knows they have us at their mercy, and that we will go along with whatever stupid changes they make. I just got a survey from them last week, and it sounds like they are planning to make another round of changes -- which I'm sure will mess everything up yet again. :headache:

Looking very forward to official Candlelight news and still hoping for some sort of positive surprise that way as in extended nights.

It looks like holidays will likely run from November 13 until January 6. http://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/?aud_id=7002&cid=11396

You know, I've been following that auditions page all along (which is how I found out about ACFP returning and Olaf's Snow Fest returning), but the last time I clicked on one of the descriptions, I did not see those specific dates! Very weird!

I would not be surprised if Disney says that the season is starting on 11/12 in the Parks Blog, just to milk it an extra day, but they may not get the parade running until that 11/13 date.

Well, really, what usually happens with ACFP is that it soft opens on the weekend before Veterans Day for the parade taping. Maybe it soft opens only if everyone is ready to go and there is no reason to wait, but it doesn't mention 11/6 on the site, so I don't know.

Maybe this year the parade will not be taped?

ETA: I forgot to say -- thank you so much for pointing that out to me! This is the second round of ACFP auditions. There were other ACFP auditions that were posted on the site a few weeks ago, and then they disappeared. I think it was the last round of audition info that I clicked on to read the description, and I didn't see a date. So when I noticed that these latest auditions were listed (last week), I didn't click on them. At least I don't think I did. I definitely would have noticed the 11/13 - 1/6!

Last edited:
I upload them to photo buck and click the little box with a the hills and sun in this box ^^^ and then post the photo bucket link

I clearly need to get moving on my Dec 2014 photo edits!

Here's my one measly Christmas tree. I'm hoping someone can help me confirm. I think It was in the Photo Center at DCA. I loved the candles sitting at the base, but wish those people weren't there so I could have gotten a better shot of them!

IMG_0930 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Yes, its Kingswell Camera shop... I often use it for a "K" word on the ABC's game.

--Lori

Hi Everyone!
Their was a BIG Micechat update with lots of info, that Sherry, was correct in her hunches about....
Anybody else read it yet? I know we are not supposed to link to it here in Dis.......

--Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I haven't been to Disneyland for the holidays in a few years. These pictures are from 2013. I'm very excited to be going again. Just my daughter and I while she's home from her first year of college during Christmas break.
100_2407.JPG 100_2360.JPG

Sherri, I saw in another thread that somebody saw the Candlelight info has been updated for 2015 (katgarbars was it you posted it?). December 5 & 6th.

Yes, its Kingswell Camera shop... I often use it for a "K" word on the ABC's game.

--Lori

Hi Everyone!
Their was a BIG Micechat update with lots of info, that Sherry, was correct in her hunches about....
Anybody else read it yet? I know we are not supposed to link to it here in Dis.......

--Lori

Lori --

I talked a little bit about the MiceChat Update yesterday, and I linked it here. :goodvibes It was good. http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-2015-has-begun.3358217/page-44#post-54220935

Sherri, I saw in another thread that somebody saw the Candlelight info has been updated for 2015 (katgarbars was it you posted it?). December 5 & 6th.

Thank you, Jamie.

I saw the Candlelight info -- as I mentioned last night, the page that I check had changed, so I had a hunch something was coming.

I also appreciate WDW415 coming here with the info about spotting what appeared to be the holiday season dates on the Audition page! While I have been checking that Audition page regularly, I realized that I only read the Christmas Fantasy Parade description for the first round of auditions, and I don't think there was a mention of any specific season dates. I saw that another round of auditions went up for ACFP last week, and I guess I didn't even look at the description, as I probably assumed it said the same thing that the first round of auditions' descriptions said. So, thankfully, WDW415 spotted the dates in the description and kindly came here to let us know, which I really appreciate. It helps us all if we can get all of the important info in one place, rather than spread around different threads.

So, thank you, everyone, for helping me!

And, by the way, the actual site that I check for the Candlelight dates is not showing Candlelight yet. The info popped up on another page, but not on the page that would have normally listed Candlelight 3 weeks ago. It may still pop up on the page that I look at, but I am wondering if Disney is trying to keep it more hush-hush. Of course, I purposely wasn't posting links to Candlelight info in this thread anytime recently, specifically because I have a feeling they are trying to take the spotlight off of it.

I keep saying I am going to have to switch browsers -- there are things I like about using Explorer, and things I like about using Firefox or Chrome, but Explorer is just spazzing out on DISboards. It won't let me copy and paste things, and it keeps giving me trouble when I am trying to quote posts or edit posts, so sometimes I have to reply to them first and then go back and try to quote them later! And when I edit something, it bumps my new text or corrected text up to the beginning of the post, instead of where I am actually correcting it! :lmao: :badpc:

Sometimes I like to move paragraphs around, or put my response to one person before another one, and this browser is giving me problems when I try to do that. Sigh. Even when I have a computer that works, things still go awry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter