• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World semi-secrets

WDWsweetsixteengirl

Mouseketeer
So I started this thread to discuss somewhat unknown secrets in Disney. As in different things you can do that everyone does not know about.

Here's one I know:
It's really fun to celebrate a birthday in Disney World. I celebrated my 14th birthday and it was a really good day. I got one of the it's my birthday pins and had random people wishing me a happy birthday. Another thing to do is tell the restaurant your at it's your birthday. I ate lunch at nine dragons in Epcot, on my birthday. The restaurant gave me this really good ginger cake, a birthday card from Disney with a happy birthday wish from Mickey, and another card, from nine dragons, that had happy birthday written in Chinese. I just thought that was really cool.

So I know that there has to be more that just this. One that I've heard is waking up tinker bell in magic kingdom. I want to do this, but don't know what time to get to the park. Does anyone have any tips, or has anyone done this?

If you have know other things, please share them. I think discussing this kind of stuff is fun.

They discontinued the waking up Tinker Bell thing. The store has been changed to a Disney Princess dress store for Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique.

One secret I know of is Devine in Animal Kingdom. She walks around on stilts and hides in the trees. It's really cool.

There are also many tributes to Mr. Toad's Wil Ride throughout the Pooh ride.

During Splash Mountain, right before you see the vultures and go up the big hill, there should be a gopher pop out from the ceiling saying "FSU." An imagineer obviously liked Florida State.

Here's one: When you look up at the Haunted Mansion at night, you may see a ghostly figure in one of the top windows. Spooky!:hmghost:

In the Contemporary Resort, the moral on the floor w/ the arcade and gift shop, the mural was painted by the artist of Alice in Wonderland and one of the goats has 6 legs.

In the haunted mansion there are chess pieces throughout the line and the ride. :)

In the rather new update of the Haunted Mansion exterior a Mr. Toad statue was placed in the top left corner of the pet cemetery.

I know a few:

When you go into the Muppet Show and you walk in at the beginning, there is a key under the mat. :goodvibes

Always Look up! Especially along Main Street in Magic Kingdom. All the names up there mean something. One was Roy Disney- Walt's brother who really sponsered Walt's whole dream when he didn't have the money to. I did a report on Walt for a school fair so I know a lot about all his history and such!

Talk to the bus drivers. They have a lot of cool information. :worship:

that should be enough for now lol! enjoy :)

I'm sure you all know this already, but on Tom Sawyer's Island, there are at least 5 paintbrushes hidden at the start of the day, some easier to find than others, but if you find one, you can bring it to a cast member and they will give you fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain for everyone in your group.

I heard that if you sit on the steps of Cinderella's castle you can here Stitch saying "Shh, I'm Hiding." I am going to try that with my mom the next time I go.

Another one is that the word 'Kidani' stands for necklace in some African language (I want to say Swahili). And the Disney company named one of their resorts this because from the air, the resort actually looks like a necklace.

Seriously??
I heard that if you sit on the steps of Cinderella's castle you can here Stitch saying "Shh, I'm Hiding." I am going to try that with my mom the next time I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter