Disney World Bar Hopping

SuperOstah

Adventure Novelist
Just booked my first solo trip for Jan 22 - 24 with the idea of finally tackling the challenge of drinking around the World Showcase on the 23rd.

But then I realized I get in mighty early on the 22nd (should be done with checking in by 4pm) and have a bunch of time to kill. Since I don't want to spend the cash to do a half a day in the parks, I'm trying to come up with some options of what to do with my time that Sunday.

Best I've come up with is to check out some of the bars around the monorail resorts, with a bit of a focus on Trader Sam's, but since I'll be tackling the challenge the next day, I'm not necessarily wanting to overdo it.

Any other ideas? I don't really want to do much for shopping, but I'm always open to just some exploration.

Of course, if there's a good place to just strike up some great conversations, I'm always up for that.

Disney Springs has quite a few new restaurants and bars that we're anxious to stop at. Boathouse, Morimoto, STK, Hangar Bar, Splitsville, etc. If you want something on a smaller scale with less walking, the Boardwalk area comes to mind. ESPN Club, Big River Grille, Trattoria al Forno, even the bars at Beach Club/Yacht Club and Swan/Dolphin.

nkerina - Definitely been considering the Boardwalk area. Stayed there a couple years ago and loved just sitting outside enjoying a terrible margarita.

snarlingcoyote - No car. Staying at All Star Sports

So far I've come up with hanging out at Disney Springs for a couple drinks and snacks, specifically Jock Lindsey's, then heading over to Boardwalk and hitting up the Abracadabar for a couple, before heading out to Trader Sam's. Crazy stupid themed bars, but not much like that for options here in the mid west.

Anywhere else to hit for fun atmosphere? I've got a lot of time to kill, so I don't mind a little bit of Disney Transportation in the mix.

While on the Boardwalk checkout Jellyrolls, a dueling piano bar.
Do a walking tour of the bars around the lake at Dolphin, Swan, YC, BC, and BWI including ESPN, Jellyrolls, and Big River Grill.

I'm watching this thread. I'll be there for my birthday but I'm making. That a non park day so I can bar hop. I've got Trader Sam's and Abracadabar on my list but looking for one or two more.

When I visit AK I usually chill at the Dawa bar but this year I'm looking forward to checking out Tambu lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter