Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
mom_of_2_princesses said:
Yeah! I made it back. That would not be a bad drive but the last part is all dirt up to a big ranch. She has so much fun at camp though. They have 2 pools, zip lines, go carts, rock climbing, ga-ga and much more. Today is her last day so they are staying until 10 tonight and having night swim dinner and campfire with smores. I want to go. :rotfl:

oh my goodness I need to hang out with kids more, what in the world is ga-ga? :confused3

It was just DD and DH for Indian Guides but they said it was so much fun. DD said it was the best trip they have done with Indian Guides. They have done Catalina, Big Bear and all sorts of trips so it must have been fun for her to say that. I want to do it to.

That sounds like fun!! :thumbsup2

Blackunicorn said:
Hey, clue me in about sunscreen in the lower elevations of Florida and the Bahamas. Do I need to worry about it more than I do at home? We're at about 6,000 feet above sea level. I was always told that you burn more easily at higher elevations, but is that true?

Dawn
You do burn faster at higher elevations but you also burn closer to the equator. Castaway Cay day is probably the day you will want to watch the most.

lunamum said:
oh my goodness I need to hang out with kids more, what in the world is ga-ga? :confused3
I had no idea what is was either. It is like dodge ball in a corral and on mud ga-ga they fill it up with mud and water so they get really dirty. No throwing it at the head though. Some of the kids get in the middle and then the others stay on the outside.

purplern said:
That sounds like fun!! :thumbsup2
They do have a lot of fun and it forces my DH to take some time off his 90 hour work weeks and spend time with DD. He will start doing it with DD(4) next year when she is in kindergarten.

purplern said:
Our old director of the ER jogged and wantesd everyone to jog. He told me I should start jogging. I told him "Why so I can have 2 black eyes?" :teeth:
He just walked away. :goodvibes
:rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I've just been in and out lurking and doing stuff around the house but couldn't let that go by. Oh my gosh you are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do have a lot of fun and it forces my DH to take some time off his 90 hour work weeks and spend time with DD. He will start doing it with DD(4) next year when she is in kindergarten.

That's nice. Kids benefit so much from that! :sunny:

I am also hoping that getting up early will let me enjoy the ship that much longer. I don't wanna sleep in toooo much because then I'm just wasting the little cruise time that I do have (4 days is going to be way too short and go waaaay too fast)

I am going to get up early too even if I stay up late. 4 days is way to short and I want every little bit I can get out of it.

Oriental trading company has the pirate silcone bracelets back in stock! I bought 3 dozen. I know it isnt enough for everyone but its a start. If someone else wants to order some then we can all have one!!! They estimated the delivery date as 8-22-06! pirate:

I see we made 8,000.. whose got 9.. 9,000 posts...10..Can I get 10..10,000 posts...

I get a wake-up call at 7:30 am and we are at breakfast by 8:00am when we are on vacation

NJBILL said:
I see we made 8,000.. whose got 9.. 9,000 posts...10..Can I get 10..10,000 posts...

I get a wake-up call at 7:30 am and we are at breakfast by 8:00am when we are on vacation
I called 10,000! :rotfl:

purplern said:
Oriental trading company has the pirate silcone bracelets back in stock! I bought 3 dozen. I know it isnt enough for everyone but its a start. If someone else wants to order some then we can all have one!!! They estimated the delivery date as 8-22-06! pirate:

Awwww man, right after I made my order, too! Go figure. :confused3

Dawn

At this rate I think you all will get to 10,000 tomorrow. . . I am afraid I just can't keep up.

NJBILL - Did my DH just jinx us when he asked if I was worried that there haven't been many tropical disturbances this year? I already knocked on wood.

It was just DD and DH for Indian Guides but they said it was so much fun. DD said it was the best trip they have done with Indian Guides. They have done Catalina, Big Bear and all sorts of trips so it must have been fun for her to say that. I want to do it to.
Indian Guides? As in the same thing that JTT and Chevy Chase participate in in Man of the House?? :rotfl:

lundve said:
At this rate I think you all will get to 10,000 tomorrow. . . I am afraid I just can't keep up.

NJBILL - Did my DH just jinx us when he asked if I was worried that there haven't been many tropical disturbances this year? I already knocked on wood.

No. The activity is slightly below normal, but seems a lot less beacuse last year we had an above average number of storms. The experts have revised their 2006 forecasts down from the beginning of the year, but we are far from being out of the woods for our cruise :listen: popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter