• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder April 27, 2016 4-night Castaway Cay, Nassau and Key West from Miami

OKdismom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My family and I are SOOO excited to be going on our first Disney Cruise. We are WDW veterans, but novice cruisers. We are looking forward to meeting others on our ship and getting the most out of the experience!

Hi! I have this cruise on hold. I plan on booking it when I get on the dream at the end of August. I have never been on the wonder and wanted to go before she gets her big refurb. Just so I can go out on the secret deck and hang like I did on the Magic. :) It will be me, dh and my 2 daughters 9 & 16.

Hi! I am going with my DH, 2 sons ages 5 and 7, and daughter age 3. We are all very excited for our first cruise!

This will be our first cruise, too. Couldn't believe the price I got when I booked it in May.

I am new to this forum and my family and I have booked this cruise and it will be our first! Is this the place where we find groups for the fish extenders? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi all
We are on this one as well it will be our fifth. Our DS will be 9 and hoping for him to make some friend to hang in the club with. Happy Holidays everyone

Hi all
We are on this one as well it will be our fifth. Our DS will be 9 and hoping for him to make some friend to hang in the club with. Happy Holidays everyone
My daughter is also 9. She loves making friends (boy or girl). I am sure I will be running into at the clubs!! :)

Hi Disneydiva
our DS is more on the artistic side and gets along great with girls, albeit he doesn't like princesses, other than that he likes crafts, art, cooking, music, animals, writing and the list goes on.. He hates sports; DH tried all of them, to no avail. As an only, we try our hardest to make him try to feel comfortable in new situations, so it seems to work if he gets to know some friends right at the onset of cruise.
This will be the second leg of a B2B for us so he will be somewhat comfy with the ship just don't know how the transition will go with new friends on the second half. Oh well I know they will all have a blast for at least some of the time.

Hi everyone! The Hubs and I are first time crusiers and thought this would be a great trip for our family. I'd love to say they're excited about it, but we are surprising them with it! We scheduled our Character Call for the night before we fly out and that is how they will find out we are going on the cruise. Any tips/tricks anyone can give us? Hubs, myself, son-13, son-4 and daughter-3.

:bday:We are so excited to be going on our first Disney cruise. We will be celebrating our two children's birthdays. One will turn 6 and the other 12. They don't know they are going.

Heh, I also have a 9 year old daughter who is kind of a social butterfly - I'm sure she'll be at the clubs with the other 9 year olds here!

I'm a little worried about my 13 year old daughter, but just because she herself is worried about it.

This will be our first cruise, I have a 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son! We are very excited. How do I get into contact will other families participating in the Fish Extenders????

It sounds like you guys have a good amount of interest but I don't think anyone has started a FE group here yet - someone just needs to start it. Being in charge of the FE is easy (if a trial of patience as people do go MIA sometimes after saying they want to join).

Your group can decide on what information is necessary. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private) to confirm everyone on it is still participating. And making a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped".

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.
let me know if there is anything else I can help with! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter