disney with a 1 year old

cobyrudge

Earning My Ears
just wondering if anyone has any tips for traveling with a 4 and a 1 year old! We will be flying for the first time, will it be a pain, any tips will be great!

Hi Cobyrudge - we just flew with our DD4 and DS 7mo and our DD loved listening to a walkman that had all her Disney readalong tapes on it. We also bring a lot of "little snacks." Treats that are special or out of the ordinary - gummy snacks (good for take off and landing), animal crackers, different packs of Goldfish crackers, etc. On some airlines you can also rent a portable DVD player and turn in back in once you land - we're doing this on our trip in Oct to WDW for our 4 year old. And several bathroom trips help before getting on the plane. As for the 1 year old - you can only cross your fingers ;) It helps, though, to do the obvious - new dry diaper before getting on plane, full tummy, favorite toy, and try to schedule flight around baby's nap time so maybe he/she will sleep during the flight. Another thing we're going to try are Earplanes - helps baby's ears with pressure while flying. And make sure that you are drinking water and eating as well. I get so preoccupied with keeping the kids settled that I forget about myself (don't we all...) and then I fell terrible when we land :rolleyes: As a heads up - car seats are always placed next to the windows for safety reasons and flight attendants will ask that you move them if they are not next to the window. With this said, if you are traveling with another adult (and 2 kids in carseats), sometimes your seats will be seperated so that each carseat is next to the window (1 adult with 1 kid in carseat next to each other - but sometimes not all 4 together). This has been the case the last 3 times we flew, so it may help to prepare DD4 in advance so it's not upsetting when you get on the plane and then tell her. Good luck!! Have a great time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter