Disney Wish sailing at full capacity?

stinkrbell

Mouseketeer
Sailing on the Wish in August and wondering if anyone knows if it’s expected to be at full capacity. I can’t imagine they didn’t sell every room available but it looks as though the other ships aren’t selling at full capacity yet.

No facts yet, we will have to wait and see. But I am not aware of any cruise ship on any cruise line sailing at full capacity yet. Staffing issues and covid protocols being the reason.

it looks as though the other ships aren’t selling at full capacity yet.
DCL may (or may not) have held back some staterooms on the Wish. But I wouldn't be surprised to see her sail at or near "full." (Capacity is variable; DCL can sell all staterooms and not be at full passenger capacity, or they can be at full passenger capacity without selling all staterooms.)

Think back to pre-covid and most sailings were available to book right up until pulled offline 3 days prior to embarkation. Same now, most cruises are still available to book so DCL isn't necessarily restricting them. I expect the lower passenger volume is largely due to reduced demand moreso than DCL-imposed restrictions (they may have pulled a dozen or so rooms but that isn't a lot).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wish is full in August. Of course you can do a dummy booking to see if it is currently available.

I think the debut of a brand new ship will be in high demand for DCL's huge group of loyal customers. And yes, I am booked on the Wish for two sailings! :boat:

Applying this question to the Maiden Voyage, I have wondered did anyone get to book it (on Feb 8th I guess) after the sail date was delayed? (I'm sorry if this has been discussed but I have searched and can't find it.) If cabins did open up were they available at the 50% discount?

The 50% discount wasn't a fare decrease, it was 50% off for specific individuals - to be used on the new maiden voyage date or another cruise by Dec. 31, 2023.
Yes, that makes sense. But did they resell the cabins of the guests who for whatever reason couldn't go on the new date (or took the deal on a future cruise), leading back to the original question, will the Wish be full?

I have not seen or heard of them opening up booking for the maiden voyage again after the date change. But that doesn't mean they don't have an internal waitlist they are using. So really I don't think anyone but DCL knows

I had actually been wondering the same thing about the Maiden Voyage. I have seen quite a few posts about people cancelling, but the rooms have not been put back online to book.

I'm on it and have not heard of new folks booking since they adjusted our fare following the date change. There have been a few reports of folks able to switch rooms that were already booked. If they did choose to put more rooms on sale I would imagine they would be back to the full MV price since the refund was to make up for the hassle of changing dates. Anyone booking now would presumably not need to pay to change flights, hotels, etc. It cost us about $800 more when we switched, but of course the refund was more than that so it worked out for us. Still not looking forward to mid July versus early June weather but what can you do? :earseek:

Our cabin is still GTY, so I suspect it is fairly full or they'd have assigned us a room already.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wish is full in August. Of course you can do a dummy booking to see if it is currently available.

I think the debut of a brand new ship will be in high demand for DCL's huge group of loyal customers. And yes, I am booked on the Wish for two sailings! :boat:

New ship or not is not going to change people to cruise when they have decided not to for now. There are many loyal cruisers that will wait for testing, vaccine or just their own risk assessment to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter